A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Amiel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Howard Amiel is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Amiel, MD, MS is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Corneal Transplantation
- Hot Flashes
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Amiel graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Amiel has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Centura Hlth-Porter Adventist Hosp
- Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Amiel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 11 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Colorado Medicaid - 1 plan