Dr. Howard Babus MD Patient Reviews

3.0

July 25th, 2016
Great drug management
Dr Babus has been treating my son for bipolar disorder for many years, as well as a friend I referred for obsessive compulsive disorder. I can only speak to his drug management skills, which I think are wonderful.

January 15th, 2014
Tries to get you out of his office in 10 minutes
I had been to a few appointments with this doctor and did not really like him because I felt he prescribed me medication without investigating my problems very deeply and seemed disinterested in talking to me for the duration of my appointment, but I was too busy with work to have time to research and book another doctor so thought I would just continue to go to Dr. Babus to at least have medication in the mean time (which I thought hopefully would help me, despite him prescribing them hastily). This was a bad choice. One day I was feeling extreme depression, and it happened to be a day I had an appointment with him. Like usual this doctor wrote my prescription and tried to get me out of his office in under 10 minutes. He didn't ask how I was doing or anything similar and as a patient I didn't know how to say "I need to talk to someone," I thought it was implied by the fact that I was visiting a psychiatrist. I actually tried to continue talking with him and he handed me my prescriptions as though I had gone over my time! After this visit I had a breakdown, due to my emotions prior to the visit and his making me feel like I wasn't worth his time as the final straw. I never returned to this doctor and my new psychiatrist has cautioned me that his behavior sounded very poor as a doctor; furthermore, he prescribed me medications that my new doctor says are known to exacerbate one of the conditions I have. Overall a very bad experience, Dr. Babus if you read this I hope you give your patients the time and help they deserve; they are paying a lot of money for that time and some of them, like myself, need that help very badly. It is a serious disservice not to do your job properly.