Dr. Howard Babus Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Howard Babus?

July 25th, 2016

Great drug management

Dr Babus has been treating my son for bipolar disorder for many years, as well as a friend I referred for obsessive compulsive disorder. I can only speak to his drug management skills, which I think are wonderful.

January 15th, 2014

Tries to get you out of his office in 10 minutes

I had been to a few appointments with this doctor and did not really like him because I felt he prescribed me medication without investigating my problems very deeply and seemed disinterested in talking to me for the duration of my appointment, but I was too busy with work to have time to research and book another doctor so thought I would just continue to go to Dr. Babus to at least have medication in the mean time (which I thought hopefully would help me, despite him prescribing them hastily). This was a bad choice. One day I was feeling extreme depression, and it happened to be a day I had an appointment with him. Like usual this doctor wrote my prescription and tried to get me out of his office in under 10 minutes. He didn't ask how I was doing or anything similar and as a patient I didn't know how to say "I need to talk to someone," I thought it was implied by the fact that I was visiting a psychiatrist. I actually tried to continue talking with him and he handed me my prescriptions as though I had gone over my time! After this visit I had a breakdown, due to my emotions prior to the visit and his making me feel like I wasn't worth his time as the final straw. I never returned to this doctor and my new psychiatrist has cautioned me that his behavior sounded very poor as a doctor; furthermore, he prescribed me medications that my new doctor says are known to exacerbate one of the conditions I have. Overall a very bad experience, Dr. Babus if you read this I hope you give your patients the time and help they deserve; they are paying a lot of money for that time and some of them, like myself, need that help very badly. It is a serious disservice not to do your job properly.