Dr. Howard Barnebey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

May 22nd, 2015
I had cataract surgery by Dr. Barnebey. I had a great outcome, and the follow-up care has been excellent. I will continue to have him as my Ophthalmologist.

July 4th, 2014
Rude, arrogant staff. No listening. No follow-up. Barnebey may have experience and credentials, but there is a pervasive culture in his office that is not patient oriented. Avoid this practice! There are plenty of other good Ophthalmologists in the Seattle area.

June 2nd, 2014
I am really not sure why Dr. Barnebey is still practicing or has any patients at all based on my experiences and reading the majority of these reviews. He is absolutely one of the rudest doctors I have ever met in my life. He has no care, no compassion and no respect for anyone. Why is he allowed to practice medicine with this attitude? Why does anyone accept this as OK? My advice is for everyone to stop going to him until he agrees to change his attitude and manner. Why give him any of your money! I know I will not ever again!!

August 31st, 2013
Dr. Barnebey is rude and shows little care to his patient and staff. Every seems afraid of him. He never clearly explained my condition and gave a list of things to do and to purchase for my eye care. I had to push him repeatedly for further explanation. His staff was also no help. When I asked for background information, I was told to search it myself on Google without specific detail. When I asked about billing questions, they also could not provide me with detail. He recommended an expensive and ongoing treatment but never convinced me why I need it. He did not earn my trust nor my return.

July 24th, 2013
Run away FAST !
Chaotic office, with rapid turnover of staff. At one time perhaps the most qualified in his fiend, though now abrupt and disheveled looking older doctor, who has no patience with his patients. Wait and wait and wait, get shifted from one tech to another, most of whom are quite lovely people, though clearly afraid to challenge or question this physician? If you have severe glaucoma issues, there are now several excellent alternatives in the metro-Seattle area, and it is no longer necessary to endure this physician. Someone mentioned 'businessman' and yes, it does feel like a factory in his offices. Cannot comment on his 'diagnosis' skills as I was referred for surgery from another office.

June 13th, 2013
A very professional doctor with amazing skills. Prompt, informative and compassionate. Thank you for such great service.

August 22nd, 2012
Always have to wait, very difficult to get someone to drive me to the appointment because it ends up taking so long. Dr is always in a rush to get on to the next patient. I am changing doctors.

April 10th, 2012
Waiting Time
Staff polite, sometimes front desk person very cold. Never on time with appointments even though you are scheduled for the first appointment in the morning.

October 10th, 2011
Dr. Barnebey has been treating a persistent cornea infection for a few years. I have been satisfied with his diagnosis and treatment but his bedside manners need improvement. During my last appointment I voiced no confidence in his associate doctor who performs the refractions because after three tries the eyeglasses were unsatisfactory. Dr. Barnebey made a rude comment and passed me off to the same associate for another refraction that is somewhat better. He instructed me to make follow-up appointments with the associate. I won't be back.

August 18th, 2011
Poor Communications
Dr. Barneby maybe a fine knowledgable doctor but unfortunately he is not able to display sincerity. It may be that he is from the old school....he acts superior to his patients and does not welcome questions. It is his way or the highway. Unfortunately after seeing him several years I have decided to discontinue as his patient. He is rude.

May 22nd, 2011
better ones out there
This office is not worth your time. The office is clean and very nice looking, they just did a remodel and you could tell where the money went. Every time I go I have to wait at least an half an hr past my appointment time. Dr. Barnebey is experience and knowledgeable enough, but once your in the room with him he acts likes your just one of many and only spends 5 minuets with you. All along acting like he can't wait to get to the next patient and that your wasting his time. His staff was very nice and accommodating and makes the experience much more tolerable. In the long run, there are other ophthalmologists in the Seattle area that are just as experienced and good with much better people skills. Look around before you go here.

May 7th, 2011
Stay Away From This Doctor
This doctor may be competent but his bedside manner is horrible. He doesn't answer your questions and made me come back for additional unnecessary testing before he would give me the results of my first day of testing. If you tell him your are allergic to something he said "I have to use what he wanted or I was welcome to leave." That is not the way a professional should behave and certainly not one that I would feel is thinking of what is in my best interest. There are many other great opthamologists in Seattle and Bellevue and fortunately I found one. I would never wish this doctor on anyone.