Dr. Howard Benensohn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Howard Benensohn?

ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Howard Benensohn?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 6th, 2017

Ruined my life

I went to him when I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. I had trouble swallowing pills and he told me specifically to pour the powder from the Prozac capsules onto some applesauce then ingest it that way. It turns out doing that creates an adverse reaction. Because of his incompetence, I ended up in the hospital, where they made me take even more medication because of the state that I was in. That was in 2011 and I am still recovering from that situation. He definitely shouldn't have his license and unfortunately I didn't have it in me to sue him for medical malpractice, which is what he deserves. I could fill a book with all the troubles that snowballed from his misguidance. Never go see him.

July 11th, 2017

I have seen dr. Benensohn in his office.

I have seen dr. Benensohn in his office. I would send everyone I know his way.

December 6th, 2015

Professor

Howard S. Benensohn is one of the best therapists I have ever met. I have met with him over a 10-to-15-year period, and it is fair to say that his treatment has changed my life--for the better. I wouldn't think of treating with another psychiatrist. He has my highest recommendation.

July 27th, 2010

Very insightful and helpful

I don't know about that other review - sounds like she doesn't know much about psychotherapy/analysis. You don't go to a single session expecting a 'quick fix'. Treatment can takes months or years. Second, 1 star for follow up doesn't make sense because analysts aren't supposed to follow up. I don't want my shrink calling me at home! About MY experience: finding the right analyst for YOU is a personal, subjective consideration. I felt Dr. Benensohn was very easy to talk to, definitely smart and insightful, and trustworthy. He has tons of credentials and experience. He started right on time and ended a few minutes OVER. The office is soothing and modern without being over done.I'll go back.

January 6th, 2010

My worst experience with a therapist

This MD is teh worst experience in my life. He overbills taking advantage of patients and insurances. He takes minutes off the session, he repeats teh same things over easch session without making any progress, he falls asleep during session. I am shocked he still has a license.

July 11th, 2017