Dr. Howard Chen Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Howard Chen?

Posted on August 10th, 2017

I would highly advise against females seeing Dr. Chen, especially those dealing with infertility. Within just two appointments, I felt completely disregarded, invalidated, and downright insulted. I do not believe there is anything wrong with his training or knowledge per se, but his delivery and bedside manner was forceful and I felt as though he 'mansplained' everything to me, despite having a graduate degree myself. My life decisions were questioned and I was told to "change my expectations" if I wanted to be happier in life. At one point I thought I was in some talk-therapy nightmare, not the relaxing acupuncture I had experienced with others in the same practice. I am not usually one to write scathing (or any) reviews, but I experienced so much emotional distress after these two appointments that I felt compelled to warn others. I understand that sometimes providers are not a "good fit" for every patient but, as a professional myself, I felt as though his conduct was detrimental and unethical.

Exemplary Physician

Posted on July 9th, 2015

Dr. Chen is a master acupuncturist. And an extremely loving, caring, brilliant man. I never pass these positive accolades out casually, or routinely. Dr. Chen is a true blessing to the City of Reno, Nevada.

Posted on March 14th, 2015

He is great, freindly welcoming, makes my visits very comforatable. He has helped me so much deal with my chronic pain

Posted on March 10th, 2015

I hesitate to expound upon the positive aspects of this doctor because he is already a very busy, popular doctor. BUT - he is a gifted healer. I am one of those patients that really couldn't even to begin to live a normal life without regular medical attention, and I can't express how thankful I am that Dr. Chen is in Reno.

Amazing Doctor!

Posted on November 9th, 2012

I saw Dr. Chen for accupucture when my jaw was locked and l was in great pain. After a couple minutes of Dr. Chen treating me, l was ablle to see immediate results with my jaw beginning to open. After a few sessions, my jaw was staying open and the pain was gone. I am very greatful and will continue to see him for other long term ailments that l have. He is the best!

Posted on November 17th, 2017