Psychiatrist

2.5

|  stalker  |  show details
May 28th, 2013

Dr. Howard Rubin was stalking me when I was his patient in San Francisco. He was spying on me in my home, and he and another man followed me to a restaurant near my home on one occasion. We were the only people in the restaurant. He didn't acknowledge my presence. But when I got up and walked across the room to go to the ladies' room, Dr. Howard Rubin jumped up from his seat on the other side of the room, dashed up to me and stood still in front of me, staring at me with a goofy look on his face. I just looked at him and walked past him. He never said a word to me, nor did he mention it at my next session with him. The man who accompanied him looked just like the director of the PTSD Clinic in San Francisco, who had interviewed me once. At the restaurant, they were both looking at me and laughing as I ate. At the time, I thought they were just being silly, but ten years later, given the many incidents that have occurred, it appears that Dr. Howard Rubin or the PTSD Clinic director, or both, entered me in a long-term study without my knowledge and consent. Surely this violates medical ethics and laws. It's an invasion of privacy, it's abuse in the extreme.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2011

Dr Rubin is well versed in the needs of patients with depression and in addition to therapy he has a great deal of knowledge regarding drug useage and interactions. He is smart, caring and an excellent Psychiatrist

|  Review of Dr. Howard C. Rubin of San Francisco, CA  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2011

Overall rating is poor.Dr. Rubin lacks compassion & doesn't follow up with patients after office visits.Never available when a patient is feeling ill or needs immediate assistance with health or administrative conserns associated with the patient's case. There is no way to get a message to Dr. Rubin in a timely and efficient manner, by phone or in person. Urgent matters aren't addressed in a timely fashion.Causing patient more pain and needless suffering. thus, making the health crisis even worse. Dr. Rubin isn't a proactive or responsible pshychiatrist.

|  Incompetent  |  show details
by Francis Uriah on Jul 18th, 2010

Misdiagnosed me. Prescribed drugs that were known to be ineffective and dangerous for the diagnosed condition. Failed to warn me about side effects, failed to monitor for those side effects, and when told that I was actually having a number of severe and dangerous side effects, he failed to inform me that those were in fact side effects. He gave no insight into the nature of my problems, instead he just prescribed drugs. He seemed to know nothing about psychology, problems like abuse within dysfunctional families, racism, post-traumatic stress disorder, violent communities, and domestic violence, and I say this because he never addressed these issues, not even once, though they were exactly the issues I needed help with. I would recommend anyone who values their life stay away from this incompetent psychiatrist.