A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Charles:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Howard Charles is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Charles, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Charles graduated from Albany Medical College. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Charles has 22 hospital affiliations:
- Putnam Hospital Center
- Westchester Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Charles accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 31 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Howard C. Charles practice?
Dr. Howard Charles practices Ophthalmology near Rye, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Mount Kisco, NY and Carmel, NY.
See Rye Ophthalmologists.