A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Chen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Howard Chen is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Chen
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Chen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Chen, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Macular Degeneration
Education & Awards
Dr. Chen graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Chen has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Del E Webb Memorial Hospital
- Banner Boswell Medical Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Howard Chen MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 11 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Howard Chen practice?
- Dr. Howard Chen has 1 office location.
Dr. Howard Chen practices Ophthalmology near Peoria, AZ.
See Peoria Ophthalmologists.