Dr. Howard Cotler MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 14th, 2017
Very happy with Dr. Cotler
I can walk again. The pain and numbness were gone immediately after surgery.

October 19th, 2016
Best experience with healthcare professionals.
Dr. Cotler and his staff are extremely welcoming and friendly. Everyone I came into contact with seemed to calm my nerves, as I don't really like to visit doctors offices. This practice has changed my outlook on receiving healthcare. Dr. Cotler really took the time to explain my issues and made me feel comfortable. I would recommend this practice to any and everyone.

March 1st, 2016
The Best!
Awesome, professional, competent, personable doctor. In addition to his competence and passion for his field, Dr. Cotler's bedside manner is superb! He makes everyone feel important and at ease as he listens carefully to your issues, tactfully asks questions and performs x-rays to properly make a diagnosis. Additional tests, inclusive of blood tests are also used to help with the diagnosis. There is not a long wait for such tests. All of the x-rays are done in the office and explained to you. Within a day or two, at the latest, lab work is returned. Every detail of the diagnosis and future plans are discussed with the patient. No question is stupid. He makes certain that the patient understands every detail and is comfortable with the prognosis. He explains what can and should happen if one follows his instructions. I recommend him highly to everyone! He has done wonders with my mother and me.

February 19th, 2016
While searching, Dr. Cotler's name kept appearing. I chose him. The ease of making an appt was great. His office staff is a great representation of him. At my visits he took time to explain what my options were, surgery being one. I chose to have a 360 fusion. At 59 yrs this was a surgery I had to put some serious though into. This was the best decision I could have made & I'm so thankful I chose the surgery & Dr. Cotler to perform it. Dr. Cotler's straight and to the point, he explains what is needed for your recovery & expects you to follow his directions if you want the surgery to be a success, I find it to be a 50/50 relationship, you must be devoted to your recovery. I totally believe in reviews, I used his other reviews to help me decide on him. I would strongly recommend Dr. Cotler. Should I deem it necessary to ever go through another surgery, I would use him again without a second thought.

January 12th, 2016
My 25 year experience with Dr. Cotler
I have been a patient of Dr. Howard Cotler for almost 25 years. He has done 3 major surgeries on my back, from which I have had 100% recovery. His personal attention, medical expertise and dedication to his profession are above and beyond the call of duty. I keep coming back to him because I really trust him!

January 7th, 2016
I would highly recommend Dr. Colter. He never pressured me to have surgery, he just told me what my diagnosis was and it was totally my decision. I did make the decision to have surgery and everything went smoothly. Great office staff…always patient with my questions when I would call.

January 6th, 2016
Dr Cotler Has operated on me twice and my son once and did a great job every time. We both walked away pain free and very satisfied with the job he did on us. Him and his staff are also very friendly.

November 21st, 2015
Lasers work!
Dr. Cotler's application of laser technology has dramatically improved my knee rehab after knee replacement surgery. Nothing else was allowing rehab to progress satisfactorily, but application of the lasers by his staff has radically improved mobility and reduced swelling. Highly recommended!

November 17th, 2015
Dr. Cotler has been my Back doctor for over 25 years. He kept me going for all that time by accurately diagnosing my back symptoms and recommended ESI shots instead of major surgery back then. He finally had to do the surgery and did a jam up job. He's a pushy little no nonsense kind of guy that gets right to the point whether it's telling you your options or getting you up and walking the day after surgery. If I had to have another surgery, he's the one I want with the knife because he's just that good. We can hope he'll mellow and learn more compassionate terms in his next ten or fifteen years though. Thanks Doc

September 22nd, 2015
Dr. Cotler changed my life . After having suffered for years with DDD, I underwent spinal fusion and have been virtually pain free. Although I have limited range of movement, I am forever thankful for having Dr. Cotler as my Dr.

September 3rd, 2015
Blessed to have Dr. Cotler in my life as my personal friend and Surgeon.
I'm a postoperative patient from 2002. Dr. Cotler performed a 360 degree fusion on my lower back (L5/L4). When he performed his initial diagnosis, he was very honest and voluntarily offered a few patient references who experienced the same surgery, to answer some of my concerns about the surgery. Dr. Cotler went out of his way to make sure I had all the resources and information I needed to make my decision in regards to my condition. Throughout the ordeal, Dr. Cotler was the ultimate professional as exemplified by his treatment and care before, during, and after my surgery. I thank God for placing him in my path. Here we are 14 years later, I feel great with NO issues with my lower back. I'm 53 years old and very active; I lift weights, play lots of golf, swim, run, work on the yard, and continue to live as though I never had back surgery, thanks to his knowledge and God given ability as an orthopedic surgeon.

September 12th, 2013
360 fusion
Messed. My, life, up,
Doctor's Response

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with Dr. Cotler. If you would like to elaborate of if there is anything we can do to help, please feel free to contact us on cotlermd@gmail.com. Sincerely, Jessica Ware