inactive

May 23rd, 2016
The best

December 10th, 2013
The BEST around
I've been seeing Dr. Stone for many years. He is the smartest, most knowledgable, compassionate and brilliant doctor I've known. Though he has been in practice many years, he stays up to date with the latest research in both psychiatry and physical health. He is an expert Psychopharmacologist, and also understands the connection between physical health and it's effect on the brain. He is a rare breed these days... He is kind, thoughtful, takes his time, is an incredible problem solver, and actually CARES about his patients. Dr. Stone is always respectful, and treats patients as equal partners in their treatment. He has literally saved my life, and has never given up on me. I am forever grateful for his expertise and care.

February 28th, 2012
compassionate, knowledgeable specialist
I have been seeing Dr. Stone for years now. Initially, his practice was full because of his solid reputation as a knowledgeable person who can carefully evaluate which specific medicine or balance of medicines are appropriate. Once I had my first appointment, it was always easy to be seen or talk when I needed it. His assistant is helpful and compassionate. People need to understand that every business requires a gate keeper. Dr. Stone taught me the critical importance of dosage and how you have to carefully deduce what amount is most effective. Sometimes less medicine is more effective than more of it. Also, many people can't get proper treatment from a GP who writes out a general prescription with a 'recommended' dosage of a popular anti-depressant medication. People's reactions to different SSRI's are varied. Dr. Stone understands that and is patient in helping to uncover what will help the individual. He is incredibly compassionate and thorough about follow through. He stays current in his specialty. Can't say enough great things about him. By the way, if you have a family member who doesn't understand what you are dealing with, he is a great person to have speak to them.

December 18th, 2011
Dr. Stone is a very caring and understanding doctor and friend. I have been a patient of his for 30 plus years and would never entertain the thought to leave his practice. If I need him at any time, I call the ans. service and he usually returns the call with l to 3 hours. He is a wonderful man, I can not say enough positive things about him. His office staff is another thing. I feel she is rude, offers medical info that she should not, and make me very uncomfortable if I call more than twice a week.

October 8th, 2011
Dr. Stone
I was referred to Dr. Stone from a friendwho had nothing but great things to say about him. I made an appt but don't remember how long it took to get my1st appt. I do remember on various visitswaiting a while (the most 30 mins, but if you needed more time with him, he'd give it to you). My impression of him washe was a super-nice guy, and a good doctor. Also, the fact that he liked the Red Sox didn't hurt. He was knowledgable,and at times I felt too knowledgeable, ifthere's such a thing! lol. One thing I never understood was, how he thought lessof Fluoxetine (Prozac) was better.Like I said, I don't see him anymore,(b/cI was self-pay and couldn't afford it anymore), but he was probably the mostdown-to-earth doctor I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

September 22nd, 2010
He's The Greatest
Dr. Stone saved my life some 28 years ago. He diagnosed my panic attacks right away and i felt like a new person. I moved out of MA some 2 years ago, but when I go back to visit my family I always make it a point to make an appointment with him. I wouldn't go to any other Dr., but him. To me he is an angel that was sent from God.

April 1st, 2010
Quack
If you're looking for someone to take your money and agree that your right and the worlds wrong. Howard is your man. If your looking for a doctor who knows what they are doing. Then visit MGH come on everyone knows the best doctors practice in Ipswich!