Dr. Howard Ehrenfeld MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 7th, 2015
Missed The Mark
It took about six months to get an appointment. Apparently this MD has no incentive to follow up with patients besides mailing them a letter. After an abnormal finding on my MRI of brain, he sent a letter stating that my symptoms could not possibly be from the abnormality. Three years later, I am looking at a MS diagnosis from another physician. I highly suspect that the HMO dictates his practice. Too bad he doesn't have the guts to challenge the paper pushers.

January 25th, 2013
BEDSIDE MANNER OR SHOULD I SAY DOCTOR MANNERS
I visited Dr E due to my PCP referral. Regardless I agree with one of the other comments that was made about the squeeze my fingers, push down on his hand all elementary stuff. One good thing he did run alot of blood test and referred me to a neurologist and discovered I have a Autoimmune diease. On my second visit I saw the FNP and she was WONDERFUL!!!! and I felt that I was being treated like a patient she showed concern she read my chart and asked questions, as well as took my call upon me getting out of the emergency room and got my MRI requested approved quickly. When I requested to get an appointment with her I was told I needed to see Dr. E. I'm scared and concerned what's going to happen and I have enough things going on with me right now not for more to be added. This time maybe have to say my letters and numbers.

April 7th, 2012
Not Impressed
I've been seeing Dr. Erenfeld for over a year now for migraines. Every appointment is the same. He doesn't read my chart beforehand, doesn't remember me, does the same stupid "squeeze my fingers" tests and seems completely lost on treatment recommendations. I went into this last appointment and told him I had been to ER for fainting and pain and that I had been vomiting for 4 days straight. He told me "there's nothing I can do about that".Horrible care...time to find a new doctor.

December 14th, 2010
I don't think I would go to this MD again
I origianlly wanted to see Dr Hernandez, somehow I wound up with Dr Ehrenfeld, but that was not his fault. He said my MRI's came up showing no signs of MS, so he did not know why I still kept my appointment. I said my PCP Dr told me I should still go, so I did. It was such a big waste of time. I read thee are more tests for MS diagnosis than the MRI, but evidently he doesn't go by the other ones. It also irritates me that he wouldn't even look at the MRI's, but just goes by what the MD who reads them says. I have had several diagnosis caught because the reading MD did not catch something on the MRI. To me this is very lazy, and I will not go back to Dr Ehrenfeld.

May 5th, 2010
not diagnosed
I went in to see this doctor for the first time ever he ordered a EEG and MRI due to me having prior seizures. I was told on my follow up visit by his PA that both of the test results were fine and they both felt that my memory loss and confusion was due to the topamax so seeing as how they are the one's with the medical degree i agreed to try something new. They did not taper me off of the topamax it was completly discontinued. Three days later i wind up in the hospital with symptoms of a stroke. MRI CAT scan come back normal EEG abnormal seems i have slowing of the left temporal lobe. Now that would have been nice coming from my doctor not your result are fine!! So in my opinion this doctor is not a good one and does not know how to care for his patients!!

July 20th, 2009
He saw me right on time, and explained everything thoroughly.I felt like I was in good hands.

July 28th, 2016