inactive

Howard M Feinstein MD Patient Reviews

• 2 reviews

December 4th, 2015
Quiet, respectful, responsive, personally insightful, healing, funny at times, empowering to client.

March 9th, 2013
didn't listen or answer questions
I went to see Dr. Feinstein for symptoms of depression and anxiety. I was referred by my family doctor. I was able to get a quick appointment, however that was where the positive aspects of my interactions with Dr. Feinstein ended. He typed on his computer the entire time I was in his office, and made very poor eye contact. He really only wanted yes or no answers to his questions, and would cut me off if I tried to give a more qualitative answer. He asked me to follow up with him via email after my first appointment, which I did. He then prescribed 3 medications without speaking to me about them. He just expected me to start taking them because he told me to. When I asked for an explanation about why he prescribed those medications, he said that I would have to wait until my next appointment, 2+ weeks later, to discuss it. I didn't take the medication in the meantime and was chastised at the next appointment for not following his directions. When I asked more about the medications he prescribed, he didn't really give me any answers, and alluded to the fact that he is an expert and has a lot of experience, so I should do what he says. The one medication he prescribed was an antidepressant that is taken at night because it is also a powerful sleep aid. I have an toddler son at home and occasionally work night shifts at work, yet Dr. Feinstein prescribed the medication anyway, despite my explaining that I couldn't take anything that wouldn't allow me to get up with my son during the night, or that had to be taken every night, because of my occasional night shifts. He didn't even tell me how sleepy it would make me. My husband was unable to wake me up at all for a solid 9 to 10 hours after I took it. I was extremely dissatisfied with Dr. Feinstein. He didn't listen, had poor bedside manners, was not compassionate at all, and did not explain diagnoses or medications to me at all.