Dr. Howard Futerman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 5th, 2016
AWESOME!
I'mo sorry I didn't see Dr.Futerman sooner. 3 unrelated people had told me about him several months ago but I don't like going to doctors so I delayed it. Dr. Futerman was so nice and so patient. He gave me medicine and injected my knee that I didn't even feel. He has such a light touch. I was a bit nervous but hec explained everything to me in detail. His secretary was also on the ball in getting my medicine approved by the insurance the same day. I love Dr. Futerman and absolutely recommend him. My sister is going to see him next week.

July 17th, 2015
Additionally, the office manager, Joan and I, have a pleasant rapport. She has always been helpful since my first visit and continues as such, when making my appointments and answering any questions that I might have. I am satisfied with the times of all of my appointments each week.
Dr. Howard Futerman is an excellent Rheumatologist, who is efficient, courteous and has a lovely bedside manner. He cares for his patients and is always prompt with all of his appointments! He always makes me feel better and welcomed, with his calm disposition.

June 25th, 2015
excellent and professional service

April 18th, 2015
Dr Futterman is not a good doctor.. He does not even take blood work on a Psoriatic Arthritis sufferer who he has not seen in years and takes Enbrel, In addition when I did not pay my office visit on time he charged me a 52 dollar late charge extra above his office visit which was out of pocket, He is a money hungry doctor who does not care about his patient. In addition his secretary is a rude person who should not be dealing with people, I do not know how he has so many stars online either. I wish I did not even pay him for the initial office visit, since he has collections going after a fifty dollar late charge. He should be ashamed of himself.

March 28th, 2015
Unethical billing practices
Dr. Futerman's receptionist, Joan said over the phone that she wasn't sure they accepted our insurance, but would check. When I went to the visit, she made copies of my card, said it was fine, and sent me into the examining room. Then the doctor sent us a bill for the full amount and claimed that he doesn't accept our insurance. He sent our claim to a collection agency who sent us a bill for almost double the original to offset his own fee. The doctor then "humbly" offered to settle for the original amount billed! He has a history of these unethical practices. READ the red flags on all of these posts - he may be a competent physician, but he is unethical and sleezy with his billing. GO ELSEWHERE!!!

July 6th, 2014
Superstar
I must say Dr. Futerman was just terrific. First he was very professional but friendly, and he was absolutely right in diagnosing my problem. I haven't felt this good in a long time. Great experience!

May 16th, 2014
I recently went to Dr. Futerman, after having my problem for several years, and seeing a bunch of other doctors including I think other rheumatologists. First off, I liked that he listened to me explain all my issues and concerns before diving into the records I brought. He did a very thorough exam, and even asked me additional questions as he was going along. I also liked the fact that he drew his own blood, and didn't pass this off onto the nurse. He was really gentle too!! Dr. Futerman really explained what he thought of my condition and put me on a new medication, and I have to say I am feeling better already even though it's only been a couple weeks. He diagnosed my problem that others couldn't. I can't believe I am actually looking forward to going to the doctor again. At least this one.

May 26th, 2013
OMG. I don't inderstand what some of these other people are complaining about. The office manager, I think her name was Jane, was so nice and helpful. She even manged to adjust the schedule to get me in on an emergency basis to see the doctor the same day. The waiting room was packed, but the doctor took me in at my appointment time and I was so impressed with his non-judgemental approach to my problem. I could see that he really cared about listening to me and my feelings. Go see Dr. Futerman and appreciate the difference. This was one of the best doctor visits I've had in a long time.

March 11th, 2013
Not professional!
Made an appt to see this doctor, cancelled it the next day, got a bill for $150.00 for a NO SHOW, even though we cancelled it. was told by a very rude JOAN who is apparently an office manager who has no customer service skills that it was not cancelled. I dont know how this doctor is still in business with an outrageous policy that should be communicated at the time of making the appt. I asked to speak with the billing dept she had no number, asked to speak to the doctor and i was told this isnt the time to speak about billing. I was told by joan that if i made another appt the bills would be taking care off. i will not make another appt, because of this experience i do not want to see this doctor. Do not recommend at all!!!!!

September 6th, 2012
JR
This doctor is highly recommended. He is outstanding in all . His office manager is very profesional and courteous. I have recommeded him to my friends.

May 11th, 2012
This "doctor" should have his license revoked. Not only did he use another patient's medication on one of my family members, he then told her she would have to replace the medication and had the pharmaceutical company come after her for payment! This is a senior citizen with severe arthritis in her knees and shoulders and she came to this man for help. At this point we talked her into cancelling future appointments with him and finding another rheumatologist and then she was billed for "no-show" appointments and the medication he used. Dr. Futurman has now sent a collection agency after her, a lawyer and threatened to take her to small claims court! We reported him to her insurance co and issued a complaint against him but the insurance co says they cannot do anything. This is insane! STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN!!!!!!!

March 27th, 2012
The doctor and office staff were very friendly. He fixed my problem and I recommended my boss and father to him.