Urologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  MISDIAGNOSED  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2014

I'm 63 years old ... Dr. Altman examined me and said I had a hard nodule on the left side of my prostate, and that I needed a biopsy ... At first I panicked, but one of my buddies told me to get a second opinion ... I'm glad I did ... The second Uro told me that though my prostate is slightly enlarged, he felt no such hard nodule, and had me examined by one of his associates to be doubly sure ... Since, I've had two other exams at 6 month intervals, and so far so good ... Guys do yourself a favor, I know it's a pain in the #ss literally, but get a second opinion ... It's better than having an unneccesary biopsy.

|  show details
May 9th, 2011

Dr. Altman is one of the best doctors I have ever seem. He answered all my questions and put my mind at ease. I recommend him highly!!!

|  Professional and Excellent Diagnostician  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2010

Dr. Altman is very professional. He spends as much time as necessary to diagnose and when you have a problem he will answer all of your questions. He doesn't volunteer a whole lot of information; so the onus is on the patient to ask. I suspect this is why the previous reviewer gave him a poor rating. While he comes across as "clinical" he is an excellent diagnostician who really does care about his patients. He not only caught my prostate cancer early, but he also recommended a great surgeon when surgery became necessary.