inactive

Howard I Gandler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 4th, 2016
Dr. Gandler is the absolute best rheumatologist in the entire Willamette Valley. I first met him in 1990 in Portland and continued seeing him in Salem until he retired. What a sad day that was. He is one of the most caring, compassionate individuals I have ever had the honor of knowing. I was misdiagnosed for three years before finding Dr. Gandler. He believed me when I told him I thought silicone breast implants were causing my health issues. Thank you Dr. Gandler for your many years of caring for me and about me. You really helped me through a lot of difficult physical, mental, and emotional times. You can not be replaced. You are truly one of a kind. Enjoy your retirement.

March 1st, 2015
I, too, am sad to see Dr. Gandler retire.
He has kept me relatively pain free, and symptom free for 5-6 years, and I have not found anyone who impresses me as much as he had, with the caring, and willing ear. If you change your mind - please, please get ahold of me!

December 17th, 2014
I have Lupus and Dr. Gandler has kept me pretty healthy for many years.

December 10th, 2014
The absolute in perfection!
Absolute the VERY best Rheumy I have ever seen. Complete Genius , knows the disease inside and out! Spends as much time with you to insure that your disease is followed closely. I have not a word of bad to say about him, other then his funny dry sense of humor , he will be missed beyond words. I hope that I can find a new Rheumy half as good as he. Bless you Dr. Gandler for all your expertise in the knowledge, know how and managing my disease for so many years and keeping it at bay. Thank you for working so diligently to always go the extra miles. Tearful at best....

September 25th, 2013
A true Angel
Dr Gandler is amazing Dr. he really cares about us who have the dreaded fibromyalgia disease. He is beyond compassionate. I have had fibromyalgia for over 10 yrs. Now in that time I have been through so many Drs.that wanted to say it was all in my head. It took yrs. to find Dr.Gandler.And I am so grateful I did.

April 15th, 2013
Great Doctor!
Patient of Dr. Gandler 10+ years! His staff are courteous and go out of their way to help a patient.I recommended his practice to every other Immunologically impaired person who asks me who I see. Be prepared for questions and more questions! But,he really listens to your answers! My "New Patient" Appointment lasted over 2 hours, by the end of it he knew more about me than any other Medical Professional I have seen.In the 10 years since he bacame my Reumatologist, I went to 5 different Internal Medicine Doctors because of life changes. He is the only Doctor I would not give up, even when I was without insurance for a time. I have Fibro, but also several other medical issues. His attention to my whole health and integrating that into his approach to diagnostic issues excels that of any Doctor (Internist or Specialist) I have seen in 56 years. My respect for him as a Doctor is so high I now drive 150+ miles just to see him!

November 19th, 2012
Terrible Office Staff!
"Denise" Dr. Gandler's assistant is the rudest health worker I've ever encountered. Took 9 phones calls for them to screw up my appointment, and then deny me an appointment I already made indicating I was a new patient, when I wasn't. Scary!

October 2nd, 2012
Can't imagine another doc for me
Dr. Gandler has been my rheumatologist for over 11 years. I have always felt that he gives me the 'straight scoop', i.e. he tells me like it is. Sometimes I wait 10 to 15 minutes, but today he arrived moments before me. Being a few minutes late never bothers me because regardless he is always thorough and courteous.

January 3rd, 2012
Dr. Gandler is best
I have suffered with fibromyalgia for 9 yrs.I have see many Drs.in those yrs and when I found Dr Gandler I found a compassiante,caring,genuine Dr.He has been a Godsend.I highly recommend him.

June 2nd, 2011
I just tried making an appointment before I am deployed to Afghanistan. The receptionist told me they don't take my specific insurance and they won't take cash payments. I told her it was urgent and she said sorry I can't help you and hung up on me while I was in mid sentence. I was just referred to him today and was told he is a good doctor. I guess you can't get healthcare even if you're willing to pay for it. Glad I am doing something to protect our country.