Dr. Howard Gogel MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Albuquerque, NM

2.8

no change

March 3rd, 2017
I am so grateful my nurse practitioner referred me.
My first visit with Dr. Gogel was a bit pensive. After careful thought, I realized I talked too much. The information I was given was frightening but as it has turned out, very helpful. My second visit was great. I gauged my words and LISTENED. Dr. Gogel was extremely compassionate and kind. I am not in good shape and my visit with him wasn't scary but made me realize I had a choice to make. As a result of meeting Dr. Gogel, I feel empowered to take care of what is left of my life. I have always been extremely healthy. As it turns out, this is the first time I've ever spent time with a medical specialist. Dr. Gogel is a very INTELLIGENT person/doctor and I am forever grateful to Tami Borren for the referrel.

May 16th, 2010
He doesn't listen to the patient. Interrupts before you finish. I was allergic to drugs he prescribed and he gave wrong dosage - didn't look at the chart or my records and asked me to provide tests and never told me the results.

November 21st, 2009
Facilities great but doctor has no bedside manner
I went to Dr. Gogel about 6 times during a year and he never provided any evidence or gave me a reason for his diagnosis, although I did ultimately begin to feel better after going through 4 different drugs. When I asked him what the side effects were of the drugs he prescribed he told me they didn't have any side effects. When I subsequently complained about the side effects he yelled at me until I was in tears. When I complained about rectal bleeding, he did a colonoscopy but didn't remove the polyp. Lab results showed it wasn't cancerous, but I still had the same problem as before the colonoscopy. But the facilities at Southwest GI are wonderful and the support staff is professional and caring. There is easy access and easy parking. The endoscopic tests are performed at the same location as the doctor's office, so there is no waiting on 'doctor's orders' that didn't get faxed as I've experience elsewhere. I would recommend Southwest GI, but would suggest looking for a doctor other than Dr. Gogel.