A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Heit:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Howard Heit is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heit
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Heit Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Heit, FASAM, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Heit graduated from University of Pittsburgh .
Dr. Heit has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Howard Heit FASAM and MD is a male Internist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Howard Heit practice?
- Dr. Howard Heit has 3 office locations.
Dr. Howard Heit practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Fairfax, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Herndon, VA.
See Fairfax Internists and Fairfax Gastroenterologists.