A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Heit:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Howard Heit is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heit
Lupus Patient Education Patient education guide to systemic lupus erythematosus and less common forms of lupus.Before Visiting Dr. Heit Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Heit, FASAM, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Heit graduated from University of Pittsburgh .
Dr. Heit has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Howard Heit FASAM and MD is a male Internist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Howard Heit practice?
- Dr. Howard Heit has 3 office locations.
Dr. Howard Heit practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Fairfax, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Herndon, VA.
See Fairfax Internists and Fairfax Gastroenterologists.