Surgical Specialist

Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg
3312 Fall Hill Ave
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
540-371-7730
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 3.448275862069 of 4 stars
 |  Heppe review  |  show details
by Charles Langton on May 21st, 2014

I am pleased with the results DR. Heppe peformed. Make your own judgement though.He has before and after pics of my body lift. The price was very reasonable and consultation free also multiple follow ups at no charge. Pain management is weak however in his defense most doctors have started holding back on this area.

|  Thank you Dr. Heppe  |  show details
by Cheryl L. Taylor on May 13th, 2014

I had never had any plastic surgery done before. I wanted to get a mini face lift done. When I went in for my consultation I felt extremely at ease and was very impressed with Dr. Howard Heppe M.D. He explained what he could do and showed me some pictures of other patients he had performed the procedure on. I was informed of all aspects of what I would be dealing with and for me it was a very pleasant experience. I look and feel years younger. The people that knew I was having the procedure done could tell the difference, but they said it looked so natural. I looked and felt so much better about myself and would recommend a visit to see for yourself what a difference it could make in your life.

|  Awesome Doctor! Highly Skilled, Professional and Personable  |  show details
by Patricia M. on May 8th, 2014

This review is long but I am hoping that it helps direct the person looking for a skilled plastic surgeon to Dr. Heppe (as you can probably tell, I am extremely happy with my results.) I could not be more pleased with the mini-facelift and upper and lower blepharoiplasty (eyelid) surgery Dr. Heppe performed on me 6 weeks ago. The results are frankly amazing. I have no scarring nor bruising and look at least 10 years younger. I still look like myself only younger. My husband was worried that I would look like the woman who is always shown as an example of plastic surgery gone wrong and who looks like her cat. Now he’s concerned about the comments strange men are making to me who appreciate my appearance (which I find amusing.) I am 54 years old (today as a matter of fact) and have been a patient at Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg where Dr. Heppe practices for quite a while and use their services to get botox and filler injections. The 2 previous years have been extremely stressful on me and I could feel my face creeping towards my ankles. I decided to ask Dr. Heppe to come up with a game plan to rejuvenate my face. I chose Dr. Heppe because he has the reputation for being the most skilled plastic surgeon in our area. Dr. Heppe recommended the mini-facelift. I asked about having my eyes done too and he wasn’t sure if I needed them done just yet. When I asked Dr. Heppe “if you had my face would you get your eyes done?” he immediately said “yes” -- so I added the eyes and I sure am glad I did. Dr. Heppe made it easy for me to explain to him what I was unhappy about (sagging face, wrinkles in various areas, etc.) and he was very good at explaining to me what procedures can be done to correct the problems and the results to expect from the surgery. By the end of the consultation which only took about 45 minutes, I decided to go for it and get the surgery. Dr. Heppe’s administrative staff had a pricing sheet and agreement worked up within 10 minutes. The price quoted was very reasonable and what was even better was the numerous financing arrangements which was offered. The whole process of payment was painless. Two weeks after my visit I had the surgery (I did add filler to the agreement during those two weeks.) The surgery was only about 2 hours long and I only looked like a “q-tip” (as Dr. Heppe who has a great sense of humor put it) for a day right after the surgery. Within 1 week I was able to cover bruising with makeup and the swelling was almost non-existent. I have been going back for my follow up exams and the last time I went I saw my before pictures. I was very surprised how much older the woman in the pictures looked and told Dr. Heppe “I don’t recognize that woman.” This coming week I have another follow up appointment and will probably have my “after” picture taken. I am excited to compare them. I know this review has been long but I hope it has been helpful. I also hope anyone who has any type of plastic surgery procedure is as happy with their doctor as I am with Dr. Heppe.

|  Best Money You Can Spend!  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2014

After breastfeeding four babies, I wasn't happy with the way I looked. I had been thinking about doing a breast lift for years and I finally decided to get serious about it. After doing my due diligence by researching doctors and the procedures, I made an appointment with Dr. Heppe. Upon arriving, I was nervous and still had some doubts about having an elective surgery. My nervousness quickly turned to excitement after seeing the facility, meeting his staff, and speaking with him personally. I immediately scheduled my surgery without a second thought! He explained multiple options for achieving what I expressed to be my desired post-surgical outcome. While describing each option he was able to show me actual pictures of former patients who shared a similar "before" body type and situation to myself. The "before" body type makes the world of difference on the outcome you can expect; for instance, two patients with different amounts of natural breast, muscle tissue, body frame size, etc. can't possibly expect the same results. I appreciated hearing a thorough explanation of post-surgical expectations for each option along with applicable pictures and individualized price quotes. This combination of information allowed me to make an informed decision while having realistic expectations for my results. I ultimately decided on a combined lift and augmentation. After surgery, Dr. Heppe gave me the attention required to ensure I healed properly and I COULD NOT be happier with my results! I also wanted to defend Dr. Heppe on several reviews he received that I don't believe are fair. Dr. Heppe is a VERY honest doctor and will tell you his personal recommendations which you should follow since HE is the EXPERT! At the end of the day, it is your body and he can't MAKE you follow his recommendations. As a plastic surgeon his practice is based on patient satisfaction and he will ultimately do what you ask. I can GUARANTEE he told each of the less-than-satisfied patients what results they could expect based on their decisions and the type of surgery they chose. I would highly recommend Dr. Heppe to anyone! He is an AMAZING surgeon with extremely fair prices. It was a great experience for me and I feel amazing! My only regret was not making the choice to do this sooner!

|  Post Weight Loss Tummy Tuck  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2014

I had the Fleur de Lis abdominoplasty from Dr. Heppe after needing skin removed from significant weight loss. My first surgery removed less than half of what was needed. After his agreement on a poor removal (and a picture of me holding two handfuls of skin and fat that I mailed to his office), I had a revision. More skin was removed but I was left with two deformities. The first is a bulging spot of fat under one breast giving me a crooked mushroom top. The other is a protruding pelvic area where skin and fat were not removed causing my vagina to stick out further than my belly. He did not lypo me either surgery though I specifically asked for that the second surgery for contouring to create an hour glass shape - I still have rolls on my sides. In sum, while I have a small area around my belly button that is flat, I'm left with rolls surrounding my center on all sides. When I returned to have him address these known deformities, he was rude to me, forceful in grabbing my body, told me to consult his partner (because he didn't know how he could improve me) and slammed the door on his way out. Speaking only as a patient with extreme weight loss, PASS HIM UP! He was nice to me until he knew he did a poor job on me yet again, and I had reasonable expectations. I guess that was his way to get rid of me. It worked. I'm disappointed that no one has noticed I had a tummy tuck and that I still cannot wear a shirt without trying to hide my rolls. I'd rather have my skin and money back. I don't feel as if the partial improvement made was worth the money, two surgeries, two recoveries and the disrespect I received. He was the one behind the knife, but never again for me!

|  Wonderful Experience!  |  show details
by Melissa Crane on Dec 24th, 2013

Dr. Heppe and the entire staff were absolutely wonderful and I am extremely pleased with the results of my surgery! From the moment I called for my first appointment, the staff was very kind, courteous, and knowledgeable. Dr. Heppe explained the options available to me and everything that would be involved. On surgery day, I was so grateful that the anesthesiologist, Dave, put me right a ease. Everyone was caring and considerate and the follow-up care is fantastic. I could not be more pleased with the results. My only regret......that I didn't do it sooner!

by Michelle on Dec 2nd, 2013

The thought of having plastic surgery initially caused me a bit of anxiety but once I had a consultation with Dr. Heppe I had absolutely no hesitation. Dr. Heppe and his staff have been incredible. Everything connected to my surgeries has been explained in great detail. I've known exactly what to expect before, during and after surgery. I am thrilled with the results of the mini facelift and breast lift! Dr. Heppe is the best!

|  Excellant care for 10 years  |  show details
by Janelle Judy on Dec 2nd, 2013

Dr. Heppe has performed neck surgery, breast augmentation, botox injections and most recently surgery to remove skin cancer, never have I had any follow-up problems. He's always caring and interested in only the best for his patients. I have recommended him to friends, they as well as me have nothing but praise for him and his staff.

|  Breast augmentation  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2013

I am extremely unhappy about my breast augmentation. I went in there telling him I wanted to be a D. I picked 500 cc and he told me that was a huge implant. I stuck with it. My surgery was a month and a half ago. After three weeks of nerve damage to overcome. Through medications and dealing with my incision opening multiple times. I am left with breasts that have large incision lines under them. And sadly a size B. I am so upset I spent all this money and I am not nearly satisfied. After enduring all of the pain I am still left with self conscious small breasts

|  Outstanding Surgeon with an Extremely Caring Manner  |  show details
by Bill E. on Oct 29th, 2013

After losing about 150 pounds I was left with rolls of excess skin that were subject to chafing and were just plain uncomfortable. I made an appointment with Dr. Heppe to discuss surgical options. My experience began with friendly, courteous treatment by his staff. I then met Dr. Heppe who was equally friendly and courteous. He thoroughly and professionally explained the pros and cons of surgery, described the procedure he would recommend, and described the results he would expect. He spent quite a bit of time with me in that initial evaluation and answered all of my questions clearly and directly. I decided to have the surgery and I am now very happy I did so. The results are even better than expected. The surgery itself was handled by Dr. Heppe and a superb team including his surgical nurses and anesthesiologist. Follow-up began the day after the surgery and continued well after the surgery. On each occasion, Dr. Heppe and his staff displayed obvious concern for my well-being and recovery. I cannot envision a better experience than the one I had with Dr. Heppe. I highly recommend him and his superb staff to anyone contemplating plastic surgery.

|  Excellent Tummy Tuck !!!  |  show details
by Anjela Eubank on Oct 8th, 2013

Dr. Howard Heppe performed a tummy tuck for me. It was the best gift I have ever given myself. I joke and say it is the gift that keeps on giving. The tummy tuck completely changed the way I felt about my body. Although slim, my stomach had excess fat. No amount of exercise or crunches could take that away. Dr. Heppe confirmed that and the decision which took years, was finally made. Dr. Heppe and his staff were extremely professional and courteous. Dr. Heppe's follow up, follow through and bedside manner was caring, knowledgeable and professional. Dr. Heppe's skilled surgery resulted in little scarring despite the width of the incision. Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg has its own operating room which added to the convenience of the procedure. His staff was courteous, professional and helpful during the pre-during and post operation arrangements. I think so highly of Dr. Heppe and his practice that two of my out of town friends (Florida and California) scheduled surgeries with Dr. Heppe. If you are looking for a great surgeon, a great office and staff for your procedure, look no further. Schedule with Dr. Heppe and Plastic Surgury Services of Fredericksburg !

|  Great Job Dr. Heppe and staff  |  show details
by C. on Sep 27th, 2013

I love my new breasts. I got exactly the natural looking result I was hoping for. Dr. Heppe was wonderful and his staff more than accommodating. I would recommend Dr. Heppe to anyone looking to have this cosmetic procedure performed.

|  Breast reconstruction after double mastectomy  |  show details
by Señora Gearhart on Apr 25th, 2013

Dr. Heppe is the consumate professional. He prides himself on doing quality work whether the patient is the for medical reasons or cosmetic reasons. He wants every patient to be happy with results and will do whatever it takes to make that happen. He is a skilled surgeon and.master of his craft. I would not think of using anyone else.

|  Breast reconstruction after double mastectomy  |  show details
by Señora Gearhart on Apr 24th, 2013

|  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED DOCTOR AND STAFF!!!  |  show details
by Jennifer H on Apr 18th, 2013

I had gastric bypass in December 2010 and lost 148 pounds, leaving quite a bit of skin sagging (11 pounds to be exact) and in desperate need of removal. I conducted substantial research and interviewed 3 different doctors, and chose Dr. Heppe based on our meetings and high recommendations from friends and others. I could not have been happier. It was one of the best decisions I ever made and really helped me fulfill my journey to a new lifestyle. And it gave me look I have always dreamed of. I had an arm lift, breast lift, breast augmentation, and lower body lift with him. Healing was easy; scars have healed VERY nicely. I had no problems and continue to have no problems. I would go back for more in an instant (if I had anything left to do - LOL). Dr. Heppe is very professional and kind. He is a perfectionist (which is a great quality in a plastic surgeon). His office staff and medical professionals go above and beyond. I highly recommend Dr. Heppe for your plastic surgery needs!!!

|  My Journey with Dr. Heppe  |  show details
by Sharon Jacobson on Apr 8th, 2013

I just recently was a patient of Dr. Heppe's. I had reconstructive surgery and also breast reduction following a mastectomy. Dr. Heppe made the process so much easier for me, by keeping me informed on any and all procedures he was going to do. His warm personality and wonderful sense of humor meant so much to me. I am now finished and so very happy with the results. My implant is perfect size, and I am nice and even, which meant a lot to me. Having the nipple done and the tattooing was really interesting. I must say that Dr. Heppe, in my opinion is the cream of the crop. He is easy to talk with and up to date on all the newest procedures. I can not even find words to thank him. Dr. Heppe's staff is top of the line also, they are always smiling and treating you kindly and making you feel completely comfortable at all times. I will miss them all..I would highly recommend Dr. Heppe to anyone facing breast reconstruction, you won't find any better.....

Nov 20th, 2012

Dr Heppe has operated on me twice. I had breast augmentation 13 years ago with amazing results. All procedures, risks and benefits were thoroughly explained to me. I was concerned about having a "natural" result; my fears were missplaced. Dr Heppe gave me just what I wanted! Last year I had an tummy tuck and liposuction by Dr Heppe. Again, my results were fantastic. I LOVE having a flat abdomen again!! Dr Heppe and his staff took the time to address all of my concerns and medical issues--special care was taken to prevent post-op complications. I have complete faith in this doctor and his staff.

|  Very Special Doctor, Great Results,  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

Being sixty nine years old, everything has moved from where it was in my youth. What really concerned me was my Mother's sagging jowls and neck. Had no desire to look twenty, just wanted to reflect how I feel, which is usually pretty great. My lifestyle does not include hair and nail salons, my dress is casual, ( not sloppy ),my smile is almost always being used, mostly laughing at me. My face was showing tired, not rested, not the inside me. Dr. Heppe has changed that and now my heart and face say the same thing. I expected pain, there has been slight discomfort, no pain. I did look like I tried to kiss a Kennworth doing fifty, but that is going away. The comments are funny, almost all compliments say they like my new hairstyle. It is my wig " Miss Bessy ", to cover bruises. I have learned to use a little makeup, in less than three weeks this individual and his caring staff have been so supportive. I waited thirty years to do this, could not be more satisfied. This mini procedure was not done to please a man, or to make me look younger, just to make my healthy, fluffy self feel good about me. I do not do the other 'F" word. Being fluffy as we mature is not all bad, and Miss Bessy is a temp. fix till I no longer look like a contender that lost. Talk to this Dr. and his staff, they answer all the concerns, in a professional and friendly manner. This kind of caring only comes when the individual in charge treats the staff with respect and caring. Having knowledge, skill and ability, are not enough, people skills make the difference. I wish everyone could know how this team has helped me feel so much better. When God shares a gift, it is sometimes wasted, not with this man. Tender Thoughts in Faith, to all of you, from me and Bessy

Oct 13th, 2012

I visited Dr Heppe to have breast implants removed as my old ones, which I had had for some time, were very hard and I needed to have them replaced.Dr Heppe described the procedure and what to expect. I was advised that the old scar tissue would be removed and gel implants inserted to give me a natural look and feel.At every stage I felt completely at ease and had complete faith in Dr Heppe. To this end I must say that I am delighted with the results and would have no hesitation in recommending Dr Heppe to anybody in the future for cosmetic suurgery. I was amazed at how quickly the soreness went and the incisions are fading rapidly.

|  awful  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2012

Never ever ever go to this doctor. My nose is worse off than it was before my rhinoplasty. It's no longer symmetric and it's obvious I had surgery. Also, I have a friend who had boob implants and they're no longer symmetric and one of her nipples is facing the complete opposite direction than the other. Dr. Heppe is never willing to fix anything he does wrong that is CLEARLY worse off than it was before you payed for him to ruin your face or chest.

Mar 11th, 2012

I am a public speaker and am new to Fredericksburg. Dr. Heppe placed Juvederm in my undereye area in order to build up the dark areas. I have had plastic surgery from others doctors and have always been satisfied, but Dr. Heppe has left me with a large lump under each of my eyes. It looks terrible and looks like I have been punched in the face.Dr. Heppe said he would add another injection to take out the filler but I wouldn't trust him to touch me again. His bedside manner is terrible and he was only interested in how much money he could make from me because he knew my husband and I traveled a lot.Fredericksburg, VA needs an experienced Plastic Surgery practice. Dr. Heppe has a corner on this geographical market. I will now go to a No. Virginia dr. to repair this mess. DO NOT go to this doctor!

|  Excllent Experience  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2011

I had rhinoplasty and mid-face lift. My nose is perfect and mid-face lift is better than expected. The doctor immediately disclosed all of the risks even before giving me my cost estimate. He does whisk in and out of offices and patient rooms but he has a busy practice and has been doing it for so long that he does not need a lot of painstaking attention, in my opinion. But I drew a picture of my existing nose and a picture of my perfect nose and showed it to him the morning of surgery and he agreed with my expectations and provided what I wanted. Follow-up care is excellent. But my only critique is that I was not really prepared for the seriousness of the surgery. Specifically, I did not know until seconds before the surgery that I would be catheterized during surgery. It is probably good that I didn't know because I may have backed out of the surgery. I have a weak stomach for the surgical details. All nurses, anesthetist, and other ladies were excellent. Also, the day of surgery was very orchestrated. They are on a specific schedule & things move really fast. So, be prepared!

|  nose job .... worse than it was before  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2011

i had a rhinoplasty surgery performed by dr. heppe a year ago. im only 22 years old and spent my well-earned money on this surgery, because i was unhappy with my appearance. he assured me prior to the surgery that he could fix my nose to look the way i described. since the surgery, my nose is now crooked, i have a noticeable scar because my stitches were not stitched up all the way, and when i went to go see him (twice) after the surgery, he had nothing to offer with my dissatisfaction. i cried in his office and he stood there with no emotion or sympathy whatsoever. i look in the mirror everyday now and HATTEEEE how i look even more and also, have no money. i paid to have my nose look worse than before. i would tell anyone that would want to go to dr. heppe, to stay away!!!! he is rude and is only in it for the money.

|  Permanently Disfigured  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2011

I am permanently disfigured from surgery performed by this guy. One entire side of my face is problematic - I have a "pleat" in my neck, my jawline is uneven and I have a huge lump in the left side of my face. One ear is higher than the other and one eye is higher than the other - he has tried to fix his mistakes once without success and acted like it was my fault that he didn't know what he was doing. After the last visit, he just summarily dismissed me and acted like since I don't make a million dollars a year and can't afford a procedure every month, I wasn't worthy of his time and effort. This guy is a grade A jerk and the results of his surgery have left me disfigured and mentally in a state of depression - I hate the way I look but now am afraid to go to another surgeon to have it repaired. I have filed a complaint with the state medical board and it is pending.

|  Excellent experience  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2011

professional, honest, realistic. Outstanding results.....7 weeks out from surgery...went from a size 10 to a size 4! Dr. Heppe explained in detail procedure, answered all questions, and made me feel at ease. I will definitely use his expertise and services again.

Apr 19th, 2011

I had a tummy tuck done March 1, 2011. Dr. Heppe changed not only my physical appearance, but my mental state of well being. I have self confidence for the first time in 23 years. I actually own jeans again, something I have not worn since my daughter was born in 1988. I was shocked to read the negative reviews. I have never had such amazing care by a doctor or staff as I did with Dr. Heppes office. I am planning on having a breast lift done and would not consider seeing anyone other than Dr. Heppe. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering making the changes in your body that will change your outlook.

|  Completely 100% Satisfied  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

Dr. Heppe performed a tummy tuck on me about 16 months ago, and most recently breast implants. Both times he took the time to sit with me, answer all my questions, and was very in tune to my thoughts and concerns regarding the surgeries. He was very caring, and his staff wonderful. I wouldn't trust anybody else to work on me, but Dr. Heppe or his staff. I did do my research in the area, and found him. It was very important to me to find a doctor who was board certified, and with experience. I made arrangements with Dr. Heppe's office while my husband was overseas for a long period of time, and when he got back, he absolutely loved him. My mother also attended a post op appt. with me (1st surgery), and she is enamored with him. Even after the abdominoplasty, I went back for 2 tweaks, and he fixed it right away - no hesitation. Dr. Heppe saved my life with that surgery; I ended up losing 40 lbs. in total thereafter. Also, I am very happy with the implants. A few of my friends have seen his work and stated, "he did a phenomal job". I highly recommended Dr. Heppe's services. He is a wonderful doctor.

|  Very dissatisfied  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2011

My stomach looks like nothing I have ever seen. Dr. Heppe said that me 'might have' stitched too deep and now I have a large indentation on both sides of my stomach. He just looks and shakes his head. Lots of eye contact when he was selling the surgery, not so much afterwards. This is just the beginings of his botched surgery.

|  Wouldn't take my dog to this doctor  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2011

4 months post surgery one ear is longer than the other, scar tissues and skin flaps and ares that won't heal properly all over my face, neck and head. I look like a chipmunk on steroids - this was supposed to be a simple chin tuck and I look like I've got my cheeks stuffed full of nuts and he completely dismissed one of area that I emphasized I'd like to have corrected - he stares out in space instead of making eye contact and he just does not listen to the patient. I'm so upset with this work that I'm seriously considering legal action.