Dr. Howard Hermans MD Patient Reviews

• Vascular Surgery Sun City Center, FL

2.8

March 19th, 2017
Worse experience ever
Let me make this clear first. I was not seen by this Dr. I am speaking on behalf of my Dad. My Dad passed away after his GB surgery performed by Dr. Hermans at Blake Medical Center. I was there the entire two months that my Dad was trying to recover in the hospital. The lack of compassion, concern, communication and sympathy is unacceptable.

October 20th, 2015
Very restricted appointment times and locations, first visit was a waste of time Dr was not even there.

May 2nd, 2015
He saved my Mom's life. She had to have emergency surgery after 2 doctors in the ER sent her home 2x. He came to visit her everyday for a week while she was in the hospital. Answered all my questions and seemed like he genuinely cares.

April 11th, 2015
Very Rude - No Bedside Manner
Stay away from this doctor - He is very rude and has no bedside manner - he doesn't like when you question him about your care and tells you to stop whining - After Surgery he tells you that you know why you are in alot of pain because he cut you - What!!! He won't even look you in the eyes when he talks to you he is reading his phone half the time - Very Unprofessional - You can do better

March 2nd, 2015
Awesome Doctor!!!
I had the best experience with this doctor. I almost lost my leg and he saved it. I also had my gallbladder removed and he had great bedside manners. When I had to follow up after my surgeries he explain my diagnoses in great details did not beat around the bush or waste anytime. He seemed up tight but once he started to talk to me he was at ease and pleasant. I highly recommend him. He knows what he's doing. His office staff is wonderful always smiling and helpful.

September 10th, 2013
this doctor will never be in the same took as I am.
I had a wound that wasn't healing. He walked in with his group of med students and residents, and his small man syndrome. I've had many surgeries in this location and have convinced myself that a human doctor is really no one to fear...that a normal doctor would do what they can and if necessary, would schedule surgery to fix something that causes an awake patient pain or much discomfort. This doctor Insisted on getting me medicated asap, no more horsing around. But this man has some sadism in him apparently...or he's Good at acting. He waited (one minute) after the iv medication before pushing me over to my side and shoving at least 2 fingers into my wound. He said to the effect of-the nurses like you too much to hurt you. I was crawling up the bed away from him making scream-like noises and moans of agony. Just as i was about to try to turn enough to hurt him back, he pulled his hands out. Said my wound was 3cm and now was 6cm. Then he had the gall to say i never told him to stop. The fact that i couldn't speak because of the pain didn't cross his mind. Crawling up the bed meant nothing and my screams were all I'm my head. The nurse who was present was crying by the time he turned the from my room to the nurses station. The charge nurse came in and spoke to me and she was livid at what i had to go thru. Do not go to this doctor unless no other choice...and even then think twice.

November 1st, 2012
He saved my life!

October 31st, 2011
Check your other options
I had no options, what should have been an easy procedure turned into a 60K hospital stay; no urgency applied to my condition.

July 27th, 2010
GREAT MD
I HAD PLEASENT EXPERIENCE WITH A WONDERFUL OUTCOME!! THE BEST THING I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS MD IS THAT HE NEVER BEATS AROUND THE BUSH AND TOLD ME MY DIAGNOSIS HOW IT WAS!!! NEVER TRIED TO SUGAR COAT ANYTHING. OVER ALL I HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE, VERY PLEASED WITH BOTH MD AND STAFF!

June 24th, 2010
I wouldnt let him touch me. He seems to just not care. I thought it was just me until I heard other horror stories. Stay away from this one. I did not go back after my first visit.