Dr. Howard Hermans Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Howard Hermans?

Worse experience ever

Posted on March 20th, 2017

Let me make this clear first. I was not seen by this Dr. I am speaking on behalf of my Dad. My Dad passed away after his GB surgery performed by Dr. Hermans at Blake Medical Center. I was there the entire two months that my Dad was trying to recover in the hospital. The lack of compassion, concern, communication and sympathy is unacceptable.

Posted on October 20th, 2015

Very restricted appointment times and locations, first visit was a waste of time Dr was not even there.

Posted on May 2nd, 2015

He saved my Mom's life. She had to have emergency surgery after 2 doctors in the ER sent her home 2x. He came to visit her everyday for a week while she was in the hospital. Answered all my questions and seemed like he genuinely cares.

Very Rude - No Bedside Manner

Posted on April 12th, 2015

Stay away from this doctor - He is very rude and has no bedside manner - he doesn't like when you question him about your care and tells you to stop whining - After Surgery he tells you that you know why you are in alot of pain because he cut you - What!!! He won't even look you in the eyes when he talks to you he is reading his phone half the time - Very Unprofessional - You can do better

Awesome Doctor!!!

Posted on March 3rd, 2015

I had the best experience with this doctor. I almost lost my leg and he saved it. I also had my gallbladder removed and he had great bedside manners. When I had to follow up after my surgeries he explain my diagnoses in great details did not beat around the bush or waste anytime. He seemed up tight but once he started to talk to me he was at ease and pleasant. I highly recommend him. He knows what he's doing. His office staff is wonderful always smiling and helpful.

this doctor will never be in the same took as I am.

Posted on September 11th, 2013

I had a wound that wasn't healing. He walked in with his group of med students and residents, and his small man syndrome. I've had many surgeries in this location and have convinced myself that a human doctor is really no one to fear...that a normal doctor would do what they can and if necessary, would schedule surgery to fix something that causes an awake patient pain or much discomfort. This doctor Insisted on getting me medicated asap, no more horsing around. But this man has some sadism in him apparently...or he's Good at acting. He waited (one minute) after the iv medication before pushing me over to my side and shoving at least 2 fingers into my wound. He said to the effect of-the nurses like you too much to hurt you. I was crawling up the bed away from him making scream-like noises and moans of agony. Just as i was about to try to turn enough to hurt him back, he pulled his hands out. Said my wound was 3cm and now was 6cm. Then he had the gall to say i never told him to stop. The fact that i couldn't speak because of the pain didn't cross his mind. Crawling up the bed meant nothing and my screams were all I'm my head. The nurse who was present was crying by the time he turned the from my room to the nurses station. The charge nurse came in and spoke to me and she was livid at what i had to go thru. Do not go to this doctor unless no other choice...and even then think twice.

Posted on November 1st, 2012

He saved my life!

Check your other options

Posted on October 31st, 2011

I had no options, what should have been an easy procedure turned into a 60K hospital stay; no urgency applied to my condition.

GREAT MD

Posted on July 27th, 2010

I HAD PLEASENT EXPERIENCE WITH A WONDERFUL OUTCOME!! THE BEST THING I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS MD IS THAT HE NEVER BEATS AROUND THE BUSH AND TOLD ME MY DIAGNOSIS HOW IT WAS!!! NEVER TRIED TO SUGAR COAT ANYTHING. OVER ALL I HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE, VERY PLEASED WITH BOTH MD AND STAFF!

Posted on June 24th, 2010

I wouldnt let him touch me. He seems to just not care. I thought it was just me until I heard other horror stories. Stay away from this one. I did not go back after my first visit.

Posted on November 26th, 2016