Dr. Howard Homler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

June 3rd, 2015
Fabulous Dr. Homler
The best Dr. I have ever had. Really thorough and cares about his patients. Even gets on the phone with you personally after hours if you have a problem.

February 25th, 2015
A Step Above...
Dr. Homler is an excellent doctor and is well respected by the medical community. He listens to you and goes over any lab work in great detail explaining what your numbers represent and how to take steps to improve it if necessary. His waiting time after signing in is very prompt and close to your appointment time. Dr. Homler has extensive knowledge on out of the ordinary ailments . He seems to always come up with an answer. He is very busy with a lot of patients, so have your visit and questions planned out well.

January 15th, 2014
Great Doc
Dr. Homler is a kind, compassionate, highly skilled and knowledgeable doctor. He's thorough in his workup/physical diagnosis. Seems always up to date with the the latest in the medical journals, and often cites particular recent studies to support his treatment plan, or thinking. He's a great communicator, patient and will take the time to listen and explain things. I would highly recommend him. Did I say he's really smart?

October 22nd, 2012
I have been seeing Dr. Homler for over 15 years and never have I had a more knowledgeable, caring, and professional physician in my life. I have many friends who are MD'S who have said that Dr. Homler is probably the best Internist in the Sacramento region. I wouldn't give up Dr. Homler for anything.

July 1st, 2012
Extremely professional and effective Internal Medicine Specialist.
One of the best and most effective doctor visits I have ever had. Dr. Homler is a great diagnostician and spent considerable time working up a health recovery plan for me. His ideas on a complete healthy lifestylve approach to living works to every patients advantage.

December 28th, 2011
Worst Dr. Ever!
If you are looking for a Dr. that will treat you as a real person, if you want to ask questions or get clear information then don't go to Dr. Homler. His idea of responding to questions is to shove an article in your hand leave you to read it and come back and as far as he is concerned he has done his job- no need to engage in a dialogue with the patient as you are inferior to him in every way. If the article didn't resolve your concerns and you have the audacity to further question the Dr. he will severe your relationship as his patient. No discussion, just leaves the room. He left me without needed medication for on going thyroid disease- all this after waiting 6 months to see him for first visit and another 4 months after lab work.

June 20th, 2011
Great Smart DR
Great Dr! Knows his stuff and is one of the best in the region.

February 3rd, 2011
You better take out the title of infectious disease on your door and office. You have no idea how to properly diagnose and identify specific diseases, mmmm I don't know, like MRSA.

January 26th, 2011
Terrible staff, worse office policies
Might be a good Doc, I'll never know. Or care. After waiting 6 months for an appointment with him, I walked out of the first visit based on the following information:1) Annual $35 administrative fee not covered by insurance, despite receiving specialist fees from insurance and collecting copays. I thought about it and probably would have paid it if they offered above average administrative services -- but they don't.2) CASH ONLY policy (no credit cards) results in my inability to use my health care reimbursement account visa card, therefore I would have to file a paper claim for every single visit to his office vs. swiping the card, being aproved and DONE.3)Inability or Ingorance regarding Microsoft HealthVault, Google health and other online medical records services. This is still fairly new so I didn't ding them but they need to come into the year 2011. It's not 1972 any more. I want my labs avaialable online for my future reference as opposed to storing paper copies or having to scan all that crap myself. 4) They CAN fax or email a prescription to my mail order prescription service. This is a basic expectation for all my doctors. The "Cash Only" policy was the big showstopper for me. I make 6 figures and paying isn't the issue. Its the administrative overhead it creates for me, and especially when he wants to charge extra for administrative support that he doesn't provide. Sorry doc - take a hike.

December 10th, 2010
Seems way too busy and over worked
Office staff was very rude and could not be bothered with questions. Dr. Homler was too busy to talk with me as he stated, "I am too busy with patients". I wonder if his attitude was like this 28 years ago or has it changed over time?

November 19th, 2010
I find Dr. Homler very concerned and thorough.

October 12th, 2010
Brilliant, caring and thorough
I have the pleasure of being a patient of Dr. Homler's. He is kind, compassionate, highly skilled and knowledgeable, and thorough in his diagnosis. He's a great communicator, and will take the time to listen and explain things. I could not be happier to be in such good hands.