Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Fabulous Dr. Homler show details Fabulous Dr. Homler
Jun 3rd, 2015

The best Dr. I have ever had. Really thorough and cares about his patients. Even gets on the phone with you personally after hours if you have a problem.

A Step Above... show details A Step Above...
by Gareth M. Wong on Feb 25th, 2015

Dr. Homler is an excellent doctor and is well respected by the medical community. He listens to you and goes over any lab work in great detail explaining what your numbers represent and how to take steps to improve it if necessary. His waiting time after signing in is very prompt and close to your appointment time. Dr. Homler has extensive knowledge on out of the ordinary ailments . He seems to always come up with an answer. He is very busy with a lot of patients, so have your visit and questions planned out well.

US certified Nurse Practitioner; Professor Emerita from Adelphi U., NY show details US certified Nurse Practitioner; Professor Emerita from Adelphi U., NY
by Sandy Oestreich on Sep 7th, 2014

Although I have not had the pleasure of meeting Dr Homler, he was gracious enough to spend time emailing me to answer my questions about the painful-feet Erythromelalgia! Saved me weeks of searching, so valuable, so explicit, so open to sharing info. As I'm an APRN, I KNOW how busy health practices have BECOME, and how we professionals have to dance doubletime to see the plethora of patients each day. Most of us are badly frustrated that we cannot spend much or any time on explaining thoroughly to patients or drilling down as WE WOULD SO WISH on "connecting" with our patients. This frustration is probably at the base of much patient frustration too! It IS to ME, so I'm thinking it could be so for Dr Homler. Because of insurance cutbacks, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE IN THE EXAM ROOMS. Hard to stay "grounded" when you're flying thru the day. Please be patient with us who try so hard as Dr Homler does to meet ALL patient needs. Negative responses here seem all to have happened in 2011. Maybe that's when they went to electronic records, a boon in the near future but can be a Big deterrent to patient care at the start. Please remember that we are just as Human as You are/patients are, and having to miss lunch and/or restroom breaks every day would make Anyone a bit frustrated. I actually hug my own doctors in Florida, where I live. Again, I have never met Dr Homler in person, so maybe my review is worthless. But I was impressed with his thorough correspondence which is the Most Helpful yet in my search of the studies! Kudos from me. Another caveat, I have received and would reject any compensation or similar for this or any Review. Just my 2 cents. Sandy Oestreich, Nurse Practitioner-researcher

Great Doc show details Great Doc
Jan 15th, 2014

Dr. Homler is a kind, compassionate, highly skilled and knowledgeable doctor. He's thorough in his workup/physical diagnosis. Seems always up to date with the the latest in the medical journals, and often cites particular recent studies to support his treatment plan, or thinking. He's a great communicator, patient and will take the time to listen and explain things. I would highly recommend him. Did I say he's really smart?

Oct 22nd, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Homler for over 15 years and never have I had a more knowledgeable, caring, and professional physician in my life. I have many friends who are MD'S who have said that Dr. Homler is probably the best Internist in the Sacramento region. I wouldn't give up Dr. Homler for anything.

Extremely professional and effective Internal Medicine Specialist. show details Extremely professional and effective Internal Medicine Specialist.
Jul 1st, 2012

One of the best and most effective doctor visits I have ever had. Dr. Homler is a great diagnostician and spent considerable time working up a health recovery plan for me. His ideas on a complete healthy lifestylve approach to living works to every patients advantage.

Worst Dr. Ever! show details Worst Dr. Ever!
Dec 28th, 2011

If you are looking for a Dr. that will treat you as a real person, if you want to ask questions or get clear information then don't go to Dr. Homler. His idea of responding to questions is to shove an article in your hand leave you to read it and come back and as far as he is concerned he has done his job- no need to engage in a dialogue with the patient as you are inferior to him in every way. If the article didn't resolve your concerns and you have the audacity to further question the Dr. he will severe your relationship as his patient. No discussion, just leaves the room. He left me without needed medication for on going thyroid disease- all this after waiting 6 months to see him for first visit and another 4 months after lab work.

Great Smart DR show details Great Smart DR
Jun 20th, 2011

Great Dr! Knows his stuff and is one of the best in the region.

Feb 3rd, 2011

You better take out the title of infectious disease on your door and office. You have no idea how to properly diagnose and identify specific diseases, mmmm I don't know, like MRSA.

Terrible staff, worse office policies show details Terrible staff, worse office policies
Jan 26th, 2011

Might be a good Doc, I'll never know. Or care. After waiting 6 months for an appointment with him, I walked out of the first visit based on the following information:1) Annual $35 administrative fee not covered by insurance, despite receiving specialist fees from insurance and collecting copays. I thought about it and probably would have paid it if they offered above average administrative services -- but they don't.2) CASH ONLY policy (no credit cards) results in my inability to use my health care reimbursement account visa card, therefore I would have to file a paper claim for every single visit to his office vs. swiping the card, being aproved and DONE.3)Inability or Ingorance regarding Microsoft HealthVault, Google health and other online medical records services. This is still fairly new so I didn't ding them but they need to come into the year 2011. It's not 1972 any more. I want my labs avaialable online for my future reference as opposed to storing paper copies or having to scan all that crap myself. 4) They CAN fax or email a prescription to my mail order prescription service. This is a basic expectation for all my doctors. The "Cash Only" policy was the big showstopper for me. I make 6 figures and paying isn't the issue. Its the administrative overhead it creates for me, and especially when he wants to charge extra for administrative support that he doesn't provide. Sorry doc - take a hike.

Seems way too busy and over worked show details Seems way too busy and over worked
Dec 10th, 2010

Office staff was very rude and could not be bothered with questions. Dr. Homler was too busy to talk with me as he stated, "I am too busy with patients". I wonder if his attitude was like this 28 years ago or has it changed over time?

Nov 19th, 2010

I find Dr. Homler very concerned and thorough.

Brilliant, caring and thorough show details Brilliant, caring and thorough
Oct 12th, 2010

I have the pleasure of being a patient of Dr. Homler's. He is kind, compassionate, highly skilled and knowledgeable, and thorough in his diagnosis. He's a great communicator, and will take the time to listen and explain things. I could not be happier to be in such good hands.

Caring, Gentle and Careful show details Caring, Gentle and Careful
Oct 5th, 2010

I have been ill for quite some time and have some experience with all types of doctors. As long as they accomplish something, I'm not too picky. But Dr. Homler was meticulous and spent time looking at records, medications and speaking with other doctors to make his best attempt at assisting me. In fact, he came as close as anyone in aleviating one of my symptoms by prescribing a fairly noninvasive drug. He is gentle in manner but still takes time to do a physical exam, which amazingly, many doctors no longer do! I would recommend him to anyone.

Thorough, interested, caring, capable. Not a pill pusher show details Thorough, interested, caring, capable. Not a pill pusher
Sep 30th, 2010

I've been apatient of Dr Homlers for nearly 8 years. Great experience. He is very knowledgable and follows up. Persistent is tracking down possible problems from disgnostic test results.

Aug 26th, 2010

Very thorough with good follow up. Takes time to be sure I understand my condition and his instruction.

Treats me better than most show details Treats me better than most
Jul 17th, 2010

Found things wrong with me other doc have missed and I am doing a lot better under his care

excellent clinician show details excellent clinician
Jun 30th, 2010

One of the few PCP who still performs thorough history and physical exams. Time and time again he has been able to accurately diagnose and treat the serious medical problems of my elderly parents, thus avoiding unnecessary and costly ER visits. (Our former PCP just sent us to the ER.) He keeps current with the medical literature and uses his vast knowledge to give his patients superior, academic quality care (without the burden of having to travel to an academic teaching hospital). I've had health care from Stanford and UCSF medical schools and Dr. Homler's care is comparable. It is rare to find this kind of high quality medical care in a suburban setting. He is also available for emergencies. He works with us so that we are involved in our own treatment decisions. He treats us with respect and courtesy and truly listens to our wishes and concerns. He is outstanding! It took us a while to find him and we are now so thrilled to have his care.

Howard Homler show details Howard Homler