A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Hurtig:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Howard Hurtig is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Hurtig, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Dystonic Disorders
- Essential Tremor
- Huntington Disease
- Movement Disorders
- Parkinson Disease
- Tourette Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Hurtig graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Hurtig has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hurtig accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Howard I. Hurtig practice?
Dr. Howard Hurtig practices Neurology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Neurologists.