Dr. Howard Heller MD Patient Reviews

May 13th, 2015
Great Doctor!!!

May 7th, 2014
Horrible Service from Office Staff
I had a thyroidectomy more than 10 years ago. I contacted Dr. Heller as a new patient. There was a 6 week wait to see him. Because of my surgery, I must take replacement hormone. I realized I was going to run out 10 days before my appointment. I called to see if I could have thyroid labs done in advance and if I could get a prescription for the 10 days I would be missing. I realize I would be a new patient, so I asked to have a nurse call me back. It took two days to get a call back, and I believe the woman who called was a receptionist. She said no to both of my requests. I told her I would have to take half doses the last 10 days, and she said that was fine! I was truly shocked by that. Fortunately, I found much more service oriented endocrinologist who was happy to help with both requests. Skip this practice. I can't imagine what it would be like if I had a serious problem!

May 31st, 2013
Excellent physician
My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Heller for several years. He diagnosed why my husband had recurring kidney stones and made recommendations. My husband no longer has kidney stones. Dr. Heller is knowledgeable, abreast of current research and interested in his patients. We highly recommend Dr. Heller.

April 12th, 2013
It took 3 months to get an appointment. My appointmentment was at 9:30 Am. They were having problems verifying my secondary insurance. I called and it took about a minute. At 10:38, I decided to cancel the appointment. Never saw the Dr, so no opinion there. One staff member asked how I would handle the situation and I told try asking for cash, check or credit card but to wait over an hour is ridiculous.

April 1st, 2013
Amazing
I've been a patient of Dr. Hellers for a very long time. I was transfered from another hospital into his care (thank God for miracles). He's been one of my doctors every since, I belive that was 6 or more years ago. If you're ever having problems with your thyroid or you're told you need an endocrinologist go see Dr. Heller he is an amazing doctor who truly listens & cares about his patients!

November 7th, 2011
Finally Found an Endocrinologist I like!
My experience with Dr. Heller was excellent. Almost no wait time, listened really well, great bedside manner, and explained things in an intelligent way (did not talk down to me). Very knowledgable. I left another endocrinologist in hopes of finding someone who not only knows what he's talking about, but works well with me personally. Highly recommend Dr. Heller.

January 11th, 2011
Great Doctor!
My son has been seeing Dr. Heller since he was practicing at U.T. Southwestern. He is a very caring, concerned physician. He not only has probably saved my son's life, but has helped me through some really stressful situations. His guidance, understanding, and knowledge cannot be put into words.Lisa Rogers

December 8th, 2010
KUDO'S to Dr. Howard J. Heller
Dr. Howard J. Heller is an EXCELLENT Physician. He is a very caring and thoughtful physician, his beside manner goes without saying. I only wish other physicians would take pattern from Dr. Heller. His concern for his patients can not be rated. He listens to his patients, he takes the time necessary required by his patients, and shows genuine care and concern for each of them. I would highly recommend Dr. Howard Heller to anyone seeking an Excellent Endocronologist.

November 3rd, 2010
Top of Class
Dr. Heller is an amazing doctor. My husband has a rare disorder and Dr. Heller is very knowledgeable. He stays on top of the latest medical breakthroughs and researches his patients cases thoroughly. I highly recommend Dr. Heller. I have seen several specialist before and never met one that is as compassionate as Dr. Heller.