Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
1001 N Waldrop Dr
Ste 403
Arlington, TX 76012
817-265-2464
Locations and availability (3)

|  Horrible Service from Office Staff  |  show details
by Lisa Sawyer on May 7th, 2014

I had a thyroidectomy more than 10 years ago. I contacted Dr. Heller as a new patient. There was a 6 week wait to see him. Because of my surgery, I must take replacement hormone. I realized I was going to run out 10 days before my appointment. I called to see if I could have thyroid labs done in advance and if I could get a prescription for the 10 days I would be missing. I realize I would be a new patient, so I asked to have a nurse call me back. It took two days to get a call back, and I believe the woman who called was a receptionist. She said no to both of my requests. I told her I would have to take half doses the last 10 days, and she said that was fine! I was truly shocked by that. Fortunately, I found much more service oriented endocrinologist who was happy to help with both requests. Skip this practice. I can't imagine what it would be like if I had a serious problem!

|  Excellent physician  |  show details
by Elizabeth on May 31st, 2013

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Heller for several years. He diagnosed why my husband had recurring kidney stones and made recommendations. My husband no longer has kidney stones. Dr. Heller is knowledgeable, abreast of current research and interested in his patients. We highly recommend Dr. Heller.

|  show details
by Jay B. Terrell, DDS on Apr 12th, 2013

It took 3 months to get an appointment. My appointmentment was at 9:30 Am. They were having problems verifying my secondary insurance. I called and it took about a minute. At 10:38, I decided to cancel the appointment. Never saw the Dr, so no opinion there. One staff member asked how I would handle the situation and I told try asking for cash, check or credit card but to wait over an hour is ridiculous.

|  Amazing  |  show details
by LaToya Smith on Apr 1st, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Hellers for a very long time. I was transfered from another hospital into his care (thank God for miracles). He's been one of my doctors every since, I belive that was 6 or more years ago. If you're ever having problems with your thyroid or you're told you need an endocrinologist go see Dr. Heller he is an amazing doctor who truly listens & cares about his patients!

|  Finally Found an Endocrinologist I like!  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2011

My experience with Dr. Heller was excellent. Almost no wait time, listened really well, great bedside manner, and explained things in an intelligent way (did not talk down to me). Very knowledgable. I left another endocrinologist in hopes of finding someone who not only knows what he's talking about, but works well with me personally. Highly recommend Dr. Heller.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2011

My son has been seeing Dr. Heller since he was practicing at U.T. Southwestern. He is a very caring, concerned physician. He not only has probably saved my son's life, but has helped me through some really stressful situations. His guidance, understanding, and knowledge cannot be put into words.Lisa Rogers

|  KUDO'S to Dr. Howard J. Heller  |  show details
Dec 8th, 2010

Dr. Howard J. Heller is an EXCELLENT Physician. He is a very caring and thoughtful physician, his beside manner goes without saying. I only wish other physicians would take pattern from Dr. Heller. His concern for his patients can not be rated. He listens to his patients, he takes the time necessary required by his patients, and shows genuine care and concern for each of them. I would highly recommend Dr. Howard Heller to anyone seeking an Excellent Endocronologist.

|  Top of Class  |  show details
by Nicole Hendricks on Nov 3rd, 2010

Dr. Heller is an amazing doctor. My husband has a rare disorder and Dr. Heller is very knowledgeable. He stays on top of the latest medical breakthroughs and researches his patients cases thoroughly. I highly recommend Dr. Heller. I have seen several specialist before and never met one that is as compassionate as Dr. Heller.