Opthalmology

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
cataract surgery show details cataract surgery
by Dr. Kane on Feb 26th, 2013

Thank you so much Dr. Kane and staff. I am so pleased with my new lens!!!!! Amazing!!!! Thank you!!! The surgery time was so much easier than I thought.

disappointed show details disappointed
Oct 26th, 2012

I had been Dr. Kane's patient for more than ten years. I had told him my father had glaucoma and his office administered a test of intraocular pressure. After my last annual checkup I went to an optometrist and although his refraction was very close to that of Dr. Kane, the optometrist noticed that my optic nerves showed signs of glaucoma. I have since seen another ophthalmologist who administered a peripheral vision test that confirmed that I have "moderate to severe glaucoma," altho with normal pressure. So altho Dr. Kane looked into my eyes every year and periodically tested the pressure, he failed to notice the deterioration of my optic nerve. I should add that when he performed cataract surgery on me, the surgery went very smoothly, but the lenses he inserted did not give me the vision he'd promised. I would not recommend this doctor.

Turkey show details Turkey
Sep 9th, 2012

Avoid

Put in wrong lenses! show details Put in wrong lenses!
Aug 9th, 2012

After going to Dr. Kane for many years, I arranged to have him do my cataract surgery. He put in the wrong lenses and I need glasses for both near and far. He also knew I had a family history of glaucoma, but it took an alert optometrist to call my attention to a developing problem. Very disappointing.

EXCELLENT DR show details EXCELLENT DR
by TAMMO on Sep 2nd, 2010

the best ophthalmologist ever visited he has treated my father who nearly lost his vision and he's recovring know.

NEVER GOING BACK show details NEVER GOING BACK
by DAVID on Aug 12th, 2010

UNPROFESSIONAL.....BAD MANNERS.....ARROGANT STAFF AND DOCTOR.