Howard Kerstein MD Patient Reviews

May 31st, 2016
DR. KERSTEIN IS AN EXCEPTIONAL DOCTOR IN WHOM I HAVE COMPLETE TRUST.

September 4th, 2013
Very unprofessional
He was very unprofessional and rude, some of the comments he made to me a doctor should never say. Telling me that my husband would probably appreciate it if I lost the weight have gained since and having 2 children. Even after explaining to him I was at a "normal weight" 8 months ago and started gaining weight while exercising and watching what I ate.

October 8th, 2012
Find another Doctor
I can't even begin to tell you how unprofessional the Dr.s Office Manager was with me on the phone. After the initial person took my call and had trouble understanding who I was insured by, she transferred me to the Office Manager. This gal immediately ripped my head off after for the third time I told her who my insurance carrier was. Sorry but it is not a priveldge to come visit you. I can find another provider. Maybe the good Doc needs a new office manager.

July 27th, 2012
Donna & Marvin Cary
My husband & I have been patients of Dr. Kersteins since 1977. He is absolutely the best doctor. He is kind, considerate and very caring and has given us the best care we could possibly get. Would not think of going anywhere else.

August 4th, 2011
not listen to at all
This Dr. did not honor the long and winding road I have taken to arrive in his office on that day. He was down right rude and dismissive of my results & prognosis' just because of the dr's I have seen or because I had been to a hospital outside of the United States--- but he softened a bit when I proved to him that my tests were performed Stateside. But he still choose to ignore this vital piece of my medical history. He was condescending when he did not agree with the terms I used described my symptoms to him. And the more he challenged me, the more flustered I became, so I walked out feeling defeated & bullied rather than cared for.

June 11th, 2011
misdiagnosed
He may be good, but I saw him because I'd been diagnosed with Type 1.5 diabetes and I'm pretty sure he told me then that there's no such thing. Instead he treated me as Type 2 but I was on insulin since initial dx and the pills he prescribed weren't helping. Then later he changed it to Type 1 and put me on a pump and CGM that turned out to be worthless, but after 2 years of that I switched to another endo who knows Type 1.5 and put me on a more accurate and easier to calibrate CGM.

June 8th, 2011
This doctor actually took the time to figure out what was going on. Great doctor!

October 5th, 2010
Wonderful care
Dr. Kerstein is kind and helpful. Called me at home to let me know my testresults. I have never had a doctor take the time to call me directly. Very considerate.

July 21st, 2009
My favorite doctor in the planet
I am from a small southern town and have been used to very personal and polite doctors that are eager to help. I have totally found that in Dr. Kerstein. He makes personal follow up calls and sincerely cares about finding a remedy. I can't say enough about him.

July 14th, 2009
Personal care and followup
After moving away from Colorado, I tried to find a local doctor who could compare in the level of care and personal follow-up that I had received from Dr. Kerstein. I was unable to do so, and now fly back annually to Colorado so that I can continue to be a patient of Dr. Kerstein. He is thorough, takes time to answer all of my questions, and calls me personally with test results. I cannot recommend anyone more than I can Dr. Kerstein.