Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist, Internist

Video profile

3.0

Confused patient show details Confused patient
by Fran Martin on Jul 23rd, 2016

Went for IME watched him take a pulse on patient and he didn't have a watch on or there was no clock in the exam room, took blood pressure and fumbled with stethoscope and could not have gotten an accurate reading. Am Leary that his IME report will not be accurate as his attempt to take vitals was a complete fail. Waiting for report to finish my review on him. He was a very pleasant physician and had great bed side manner but he does work for Corvel workmans comp.

Great Dr. show details Great Dr.
by Mark Anderson on Dec 15th, 2015

Dr. Konowitz is a true doctor in all aspects of the word. I feel fortunate to have him in my circle of medical professionals and would highly recommend him to anyone who might need a good pain doc. I had seven surgeries in nine years and three of them were my back.

Recommended show details Recommended
by Carla on Aug 21st, 2014

To all your whiners out there - you are supposed to get drug tested, every doctor nowadays does it, they just don't tell you. And as far as the patient telling the doctor "to put something in the IME"... seriously, IME stands for Independent Medical Evaluation, not "patients' wishes and opinions". Dr. Konowitz is a good doctor, there is nothing wrong with him, but he has an uncanny ability to sniff out the druggies, like many of you here.

Can you award Negative stars??? show details Can you award Negative stars???
Sep 13th, 2012

I went to see Konowitz For an 'Independant Medical Exam'(IME) based on a referral from my Nurse case manager.First point. Never let yourself trust your case manager no matter how much they act like a friend. The bottom line is that their company is paid by the insurance company.I have Cronic Reigonal Pain Syndrome(CRPS) that was documented by both my primary care phys and my anesthesiologist.My doctor wanted to place a Nero Pain stimulator and the insurence co sent me to an IME.In my initial exams and review of my case he seemed really nice and like he was going to do his best to make sure I got the care I needed. (LIES!!!)I was even given another EMG by Konowitz in house specialist. (milking the bank).To his surprise the EMG yet again confirmed CRPS... NO MATTER!!!Konowitz explained to me that I will never be able to; run, stand for more than 20-30mins, lift or carry more than a few pounds, go up stairs easily and will have to find a new line of work. In addition to having to live in extream pain and have leg and back problems for the rest of my life. I explicitly asked him to put that in the IME report. (he denied)'His resolution for this diagnosis?' you ask.Perscribe horse tranquilizers and put me on full work release!!!!!! (ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?!?!?!)If I could give this mobster less than one star I would!!!! I admit that I may not have acted as a well cultured and civilize American to these affronts of Common Decentcy. So my reaction was a little candid. Needless to say I had all the nurses and other doctor's (or hired guns in lab coats) at the exam room door in minutes asking if he needed any help 'calming' the situation down. But no matter what I felt or how wrong it is this Hack's clinical opinion in my IME report was used by my insurance company to stop paying all my benifits. I could have gotten a more professional expieriance by going to an Ally Doctor in Shanghai!Following this I had to pay out of pocket to get a forth opinion to confirm that I suffer from CRPS. When my new doctor asked to see the IME report which my case manager then provided New doctor said he didn't even need to read it to know what it said.... Since they all say the same thing; prescribe pain meds and put on full work release.

Other doctors are better credentialed show details Other doctors are better credentialed
Jul 30th, 2012

waited almost 2 hours for this doctor to "arrive" for the mid-morning appointment and it took almost 3 hours with him coming into the room twice for under 5 minutes each time. this is ONLY the worker's comp insurance company's hired gun so this doctor denies the truth about whatever a person has so insurance company can try to stop paying for benefits. check credentials and compare

find another doctor show details find another doctor
May 30th, 2012

find another doctor...it is pretty eye-opening when you realize staff was just barely a smidgeon above doctor's roughness/lack of a caring manner! seriously though...find another doctor!

by G. Johnson on Mar 22nd, 2011

He is very knowledgable about the muscular pain that doesn't show on tests and really understood my situation. He was very caring to me and I will continue care with him.

I would find another Doctor show details I would find another Doctor
Mar 11th, 2011

He has poor ability to listen to the patien also seems to support Workman comp insurance companies