Dr. Howard Lando Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Howard Lando?

Posted on September 16th, 2015

Dr. Lando has been my endocronologist for over 35 years. He has been treating my thyroid disease and has been able to stabalize my difficult and atypical condition. He and his staff are caring and professional. He is now treating my daughter for thyroid problems. I would not have her see any other endocronologist. I highly recommend Dr. Lando.

Long-time patient

Posted on June 23rd, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Lando for routine follow-up visits since 1991 after having a total thyroidectomy. His staff is pleasant, efficient, and professional. Dr. Lando is thorough and cheerful. I actually look forward to my twice a year visits to his Alexandria office. I heartily recommend him.

Analyst

Posted on September 30th, 2014

It was difficult to obtain an appointment for my first visit due to the doctor's busy schedule, to no fault of his own, but very accommodating once accepted. I found the doctor and his superb staff very professional, caring and also accurately diagnosing my issues. Once all of the lab work and other test completed, I was given a number of items for improvement with new medication and am working toward a goal that is getting better every day. It was nice to have the on-site lab and on-site educational classes. Also, it was very convenient to be able to email my Physician's Assistant or call her when I had question. That PA was Meghan Baker who is smart, professional, caring and did her job with a smile. She always kept me on tract! The staff always went out of their way to help even at their busiest moments during the day. Thanks to everyone! I would highly recommend this doctor and staff. They take no short cuts, and deliver up front with a diagnosis, and expect you to follow through. Again, thank you to all.

Great Experience

Posted on April 30th, 2013

My overall experience was terrific. The staff was very kind, attentive and polite. The nurse called promptly with results. Phlebotomist was very gentle, no bruising after 6 samples of blood was taken. Doctor was very thorough and kind. Thank you for the great experience!

Posted on June 22nd, 2012

His tough it out philosophy is very irritating.

Great Doctor, a little goofy!

Posted on April 16th, 2012

Dr. Lando spent a lot of time with me as a new patient. He gave an accurate diagnosis, asked about my symptoms, and gave a detailed prognosis. He didn't seem rushed like a lot of other doctors and let me ask as many questions as I wanted without cutting me off. He is a little goofy and tells jokes but it kind of lightened the mood

Dr. John Cronin

Posted on January 24th, 2012

First class doctor.

Jumped the Shark

Posted on October 17th, 2011

Horrible bedside manner! Dr. Lando does not like patients to ask questions and seems to get easily insulted when you start to ask - suffers from the God complex for sure. I went to him because he was in the Washingtonian as one of the best Endo's in the area...don't believe the hype. The staff rarely returns calls and often puts the phone off the hook during the day so it is difficult to dial in.

Excellent doctor

Posted on August 8th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Lando for a number of years. During that time, he has carefully monitored my health engaging me as a partner. He diagnosed an unusual chronic condition that other doctors didn't even try to diagnose. I haven't had to wait long for him but I usually try to snag the first appointment in the morning. He will spend extra time with patients which might mean a wait.

springfield

Posted on March 25th, 2011

he is unwilling to explore alternative treatments to those fed to him by the drug companies. his solution to things run two directions: 'more and more drugs", or 'tough it out'. looking for a new doc now.

Posted on February 17th, 2011

His bedside manner and desire to run many expensive tests didn't sit well with me. If you have great health insurance and like to endure medical procedure to rule out every disease you don't have, than Dr. Lando might be the right Dr for you.

Old fashioned doc

Posted on May 18th, 2010

If my former doc had not had a family emergency, I never would have gotten in to this practice, as it is well-established and I don't think it is open to new pts. Thankfully, he saw me and has continued my care. He saw me through several emerging medical problems. He repeats his jokes (slapstick humor), but at least it is an effort to be jovial. I believe I am in good hands.