Dr. Howard Cohen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

August 3rd, 2016
Office staff sucks! Would NEVER recommend to anyone.

March 2nd, 2016
I have been coming to Dr. Cohen for about 3 years and usually I see Jill since my initial visit with Dr. Cohen. I was so grateful to Dr. Cohen for making me feel at ease and he didn't make me feel like I was a drug addict. I had been being seen by another pain management MD but was treated so badly that I was grateful that they decided to do only procedures. The best thing they did for me was to send me to Dr. Cohen. He explained my condition to me in detail and allowed me to continue on the Suboxone. I was tired of living on heavy pain medication and I could no longer function in my career taking it. The Suboxone therapy has changed my life. I see Jill now and I am so very blessed to be taken care of by her. She is the kindest and most caring person that I have ever met. Every time I see her she spends time listening to my concerns even though I know that she is swamped with other patients. The office staff has also been so kind to me as well. The area of medicine that Dr. Cohen specializes in is already filled with difficult to deal with patients but the staff treats everyone with the same respect and concern as they would anyone else. I also love the young man that is the MA for the office he is always so energetic and always remembers who I am. I give my gratitude and my ability to function normally to the LORD and thank Him for sending Dr. Cohen and Jill to me. Having my care transferred to Dr. Cohen's office has changed my life.

February 15th, 2016
Great pain Dr. For Fibromyalgia!

February 11th, 2016
Dr Cohen is an Excellent Pain Management Physician
Have seen Dr. Cohen many times and have found him to be very well educated in pain management and he and his staff were able to get me to levels of functionality that had eluded other physicians fr years.

January 18th, 2016
BEEN TO DR. COHEN FOR 12 YEARS-HE IS THE ONLY DOCTOR I HAVE EVER TRULY KNOWN THIS LONG,AND HE HAS GIVEN ME THE ABILITY TO LIVE A GREAT LIFE ,EVEN THOUGH WHEN I MET HIM I WAS BECOMING RAPIDLY UNABLE TO WALK ,MY HUSBAND OF 30 YEARS LEFT ,AND THROUGH ALL THESE YEARS ,HE HAS TREATED ME WITH DIGNITY,KINDNESS,AND ALTHOUGH EVERY DOCTOR'S HAS ALOT OF QUIRKS ,HE PERSONALLY IS ONE OF THE FINEST HUMAN BEINGS I KNOW. I CAN LIVE BY MYSELF,DRIVE A CAR,AND ALTHOUGH I HAVE BEEN A RECOVERING ALCOHOLIC FOR 28 YEARS,THE NARCOTICS HE HAS CHOSEN FOR ME HAVE NOT CAUSED ME TO RELAPSE IN 12 YEARS! THAT IN ITSELF IS THE BEST THING HE COULD HAVE EVER DONE FOR ME, SINCE THERE ARE NO SURGERIES AVAILABLE,AND MY CONDITIONS ARE PROGRESSIVE ,AND THE PAIN WOULD HAVE BEEN UNBEARABLE.

December 24th, 2015
Great Doctor, But....
If it weren't for his Medical Assistants and his inability to be a Manager when he needs to, instead of a Doctor, he would be one of the best Doctors I've seen in my entire life (I've seen over 250 in the last twenty years); however, he is still one of the best Physicians out there. Their office just has MAJOR procedural issues to work through.

December 8th, 2015
Dr. Cohen knows what he is doing.
Dr. Cohen has changed my life. He diagnosed depression and treated in a way that no other doctor was able to do. I have had five back surgeries and, because of Dr Cohen and PRIDE, I am off of pain medication and living a normal life. It was hard work in PRIDE, but well worth it. Please go see him if your doctor is just putting a bandaid on the problem.

December 4th, 2015
Late
I have had to wait hours to see this doctor. You would think that especially working in psychiatry and pain that he would make an effort to schedule patients in a way that would be timely.

November 15th, 2015
I have followed DKnox &r Cohen from his office off of Knox &Henderson,,to Priide over on Maple & Inwood, to his new office on Worth St.in Dallas near the old Baylor Hospital on Gaston Ave.. I will continue to tag along as long as he keeps me as his patient!!

November 11th, 2015
Dr. Cohen is AMAZING!

November 6th, 2015
WORTHLESS
Most worthless doctor I have been to yet. Doesn't listen to anything you say. Just an interrogation of a dps report. If you say your in pain then the pain meds are not working. If you say their working then your not having enough pain to need them. Psychiatrists do not make good pain management doctors. BEWARE

October 23rd, 2015
He made me wait 2 hours in the lobby for an appointment. When I advised that I needed to leave the response was lukewarm at best. The following appointment there was no apology for making me wait so long.