Dr. Howard Malamood MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Schenectady, NY

3.4

February 15th, 2017
Used to be good
Saw Dr. Malamood in the early 90s and he was considerate, compassion and caring. But-- recently, I can't relate the same. He appears annoyed, irked and dismissive of my complaints. Doesn't promptly respond to patient portal requests, calls to Triage Nurse largely go unheeded and I ended up being hospitalized for my problem. Follow-up with doctor found pretty much the same indifference as before. Not sure what is going on, but he isn't the same as he was earlier in his career.

December 18th, 2014
No regard for the patient in any way.
The intake staff is deceptive and charges for exams done with no purpose. I had to get a colonoscopy and an endoscopy done. They led me to believe they would do them together until after the exam when they told me it is not their practice to do the exams together at the same session. When I objected they became rude and pushy separating me from my spouse insisting both cannot be done at the same time. They have NO regard for the patient in any way. I would recommend you avoid this facility.

July 22nd, 2014
No Thanks
He is all about procedures, and he puts the pressure on to schedule them. Once procedures are over, he has no interest in routine follow up care. I was diagnosed celiac and then he showed me the door. Rather insultive personality and I found it perplexing that he himself is morbidly obese. I'm asking him for health guidance??

June 7th, 2014
I recently was referred to this practice for reflux issues and I cannot find a single thing to complain about. I was seen by Harold, the NP and then by Dr. Malamood for an endoscopy. Everyone, receptionists, nurses and practioners, was phenomenal. I had questions answered, results explained and was treated respectfully by all staff. Dr. Malamood was sincere and had an excellent bedside manner with me. Very nice practice.

July 6th, 2013
Angry Patient
Do not waste your time with this quack. He's more interested in lecturing you and being the attendance police than actually practicing medicine. After 5 minutes of him berating me about me missing some appointments 2 years ago, I got up and walked out. I have never got up and walked out on a doctor before, but it was well deserved in this case. He doesn't deserve a license. It's bad enough to deal with these unfortunate diseases that we have, but to have to listen to some obnoxious, over-weight, self-righteous, angry hall monitor lecture me about missing appointments after I drove 30 minutes to get seen is ridiculous. I wish I could give less than 1 star.

July 5th, 2013
Terrible Doctor Stay Away Complete Unprofessional
My husband waited over a month for this appt. As a previous patient he was sure that the doctor had read his charged. Dr. Malamood came in the room with an attitude and started to list off all of the appts that my husband had missed. He then stated that he (my husband) did not care about his health and was not serious about it. My husband walked out of the office. I later spoke with Dr. Malamood over the phone where he threatened to hang the phone up on me. I proceeded to tell him about his repulsive behavior and attitude. I don 't recommend this doctor and i will be sure to let others know about my experience.

November 14th, 2011
Endoscopy mill
Dr Malamood seems to have no interest in solving medical problems. If you are interested in endless tests and endless hours in the waiting room to get your results after having to wait a month for your appointment then Howard is your man. Despite three tests that indicated a gall bladder problem Malamood curtly told me didnt know what was causing my pain and gave me some topical anesthetic patches. His office refused to give me my records other than one page from one visit. No test results, nothing. After going to another doctor i had my gall bladder removed and have been symptom free ever since.

March 5th, 2010
Excellent in all categories
Dr. malamood has been my physician for some 16 years. I highly recommend him.