Dr. Howard Mangurten MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Hoffman Estates, IL

• Good
  • Bad

April 7th, 2015
Always made to be at ease - conversation throughout the visit made one feel comfortable.

March 27th, 2015
GREEDY doctor, and did not want to be there!
Worst visit ever!!! This is a GREEDY doctor. I told this guy to bill my insurance for the visit, but he still sent the blood work to a lab that my insurance did not cover, even after EXPLICITLY telling him not to. Then, he sends me a bill for $687. I called my insurance and convinced them to pay this as a one-time fee. My insurance sent a letter to me stating that as a one-time deal they paid the blood work in full. This doctor then sends me a letter offering a special "discount" and that I still owed $381 and must be paid immediately. My insurance already paid him in full! I told him that, and then he sends it to a collection agency despite showing proof! I called him again and he insists that the insurance only paid partially DESPITE the letter from the insurance company that they paid the WHOLE THING. I've never seen a greedier doctor! AVOID. The visit itself, he was bored and I can tell that he did NOT want to be there. Worst visit ever!!!

June 10th, 2016