A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Brown:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Howard Brown, Orthopaedic Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Brown
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Brown Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Brown, FAAOS, FACS, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
Education & Awards
Dr. Brown has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hosp Martinsville
- Wake Medical Center-Cary Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Howard Richard Brown FAAOS, FACS, and MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Howard R. Brown practice?
- Dr. Howard Brown has 2 office locations.
Dr. Howard Brown practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Martinsville, VA.
See Martinsville Orthopedic Surgeons.