A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Brown:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Howard Brown, Orthopaedic Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Brown, FAAOS, FACS, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
Education & Awards
Dr. Brown has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Wake Med Raleigh Campus
- Memorial Hosp Martinsville
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Brown accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 13 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Howard R. Brown practice?
Dr. Howard Brown practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Martinsville, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Dunn, NC and Fuquay Varina, NC.
See Martinsville Surgeons.