H. Anthony Rose, MD
Video profile
535 E 70th St
New York, NY 10021
(212) 606-1278
Locations and availability (3)

|  Wonderful Doctor!!  |  show details
by Amy on Nov 27th, 2013

This is the first time I've ever been motivated to write a review -- for a doctor or for anything else. I dropped a heavy humidifier on my foot and needed to see a doctor as soon as possible. I started what I was sure would be an hours long process to find a doctor that 1) accepted my insurance and 2) could see me within the next day or two. True to form, all of the doctors I called told me their first available appointment wasn't for another month. I was going to just go out of my insurance network, when I called Dr. Rose's office. His staff could not have been more helpful, and they made every effort to fit me in that morning. From that moment, until the end of my appointment with Dr. Rose, I was so pleasantly surprised. The entire experience couldn't have gone smoother -- from the wonderful people in the radiation/x-ray department (especially Robyn Peck and Roseann Zeldin) to Dr. Rose and his staff. He was extremely kind with a great bedside manner. He answered all of my questions and concerns, and never once made me feel rushed. He seemed to be very knowledgeable and took the time to explain everything to me. He even told me that he wanted to be sure I healed correctly, and to be sure to let him know within the next couple of weeks if I was experiencing any escalation of pain. I am so relieved to have found such an exceptional doctor -- and plus, he takes insurance! Such a rarity in today's world! I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Rose to anyone.

|  THE BEST DOCTOR AND STAFF EVER FROM AN ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON WHO NEEDE SURGERY  |  show details
by hsmith on Apr 23rd, 2013

THIS APPOINTMENT WAS FOR A THIRD OPINION FOR A DIFFICULT KNEE SURGERY. I AM AN ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON MYSELF.I CANE TO SEE DR ROSE AFTER REFERRING MANY OF MY PATIENTS TO HIM OVER THE YEARS.I WAS IMPRESSED FROM THE MOMENT I MADE MY APPOINTMENT .HIS STAFF WAS EXTREMELY PLEASANT AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. I DECIDED TO HAVE DR ROSE DO MY SURGERY.HE SPENT TIME EXPLAINING THE SURGERY TO ME AND SHOWED ME THE AREA IN QUESTION ON MY MRI.HIS NURSES ELLEN,JACKIE AND MARIA WERE VERY HELPFUL WHEN I NEEDED INFORMATION ABOUT SCHEDULING SURGERY .THEY EXPLAINED THE PROCESS TO ME AND ALWAYS WERE PLEASANT AND MADE ME FEEL LIKE I COULD CALL WITH ANY ISSUE. I KNOW THAT PATIENTS HAVE LOTS OF QUESTIONS AND NOW THAT I WAS A PATIENT I HAD LOTS OF QUESTIONS. I HAD MY SURGERY EIGHT WEEKS AGO AND AM BACK ON THE TENNIS COURT. THANK YOU DR ROSE AND STAFF.I AM HAPPY I CHOSE DR ROSE.

|  Very rude staff and physician  |  show details
by P. D. on Apr 12th, 2013

I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone else. He is condescending and rude. He brushes aside questions. He spent les than 5 minutes with me. His office staff has the same manner. Not pleasant at all.

by Emanuel Curcio on Mar 12th, 2013

Dr Rose is a great Orthopedist. He is accurate with his diagnosis and uses surgery as a last resort. When he does perform surgery, the results are excellent. He has gave me a new lease on life with my hip replacements. He rates 5 stars.

|  The Best  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2013

Exceptional doctor. Kind, knowledgeable, extremely helpful staff. I had a shoulder and knee operation. Back playing D1 college lacrosse. Wouldn't go to anyone else.

|  Terrific Doctor, Rude Staff Member  |  show details
by Karen Ingram on Jan 24th, 2013

Dr Rose replaced my left knee in April, 2010. The surgery went very well. He is a knowledgeable and personable MD. The only complaint I had was with one of his staff members, Ellen. She is and was very brusque on the telephone. When I had a problem with the pain medicine prescribed at the hospital she blew me off and said to contact the hospital. Now in 2013 I developed pain on my right side and found it difficult to walk. I wasn't sure who to contact so I called Dr Rose's office. Ellen answered the phone and in her cold manner said I should see a physiatrist! That's without being given a diagnosis. Since I like Dr. Rose I called back later and pretended to have hip pain to get to see him. It was just bursitis. I never had any follow ups after a visit.

|  THE BEST  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2012

Very nice and professional one cool Doctor we made the right choice for our son.

|  ONLY GUY I TRUST  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2012

I have had multiple surgeries with Dr. Rose, for different problem on my shoulders, knees, and elbow. He is the BEST! My parents were long time patients and after my first visit, I would never trust anyone else. Even my kids have gone after getting injured in school sports. This man knows his stuff, and his staff is very helpful. There is even a few nurses that can help out when he is in surgery!!!! Can't say enough about him, but if you have a problem... GIVE HIM A CALL!

Aug 15th, 2012

Dr Rose recently operated on my knee; was very pleased with all aspects of the procedure, follow up, process, etc. Would not hesitate to recommend.

|  Wouldn't go anywhere else  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2012

I had ACl surgery when I was 53 along with a meniscus tear. I had seen some (full of themselves), Dr.'s before. Dr Rose is by far the best I have seen. If I lived in Calif. I would fly back to have him do any ortho surgery. Kind, knowledgable and gives it to you straight, but humble. I was treated like the president of the USA, by him his staff and the hosp.Ali Ramaliu

|  CARING AND EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2012

THIS WAS MY THIRD OPINION TO BE EXAMINED FOR MY KNEE FROM THE TIME I CALLED THE OFFICE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE TIME I LEFT THE OFFICE I CAN TELL YOU I WAS EXTREMELY HAPPY. THE STAFF WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL.THE DOCTOR TOOK TIME TO UNDERSTAND MY HIGH LEVEL OF FRUSTRATION AND WHY I WAS HAVING ANOTHER OPINION. EVERY DOCTOR I SAW SAID I NEEDED TO HAVE SURGERY IMMEDIATELY DR ROSE SAID THAT YES BY MY XRAYS AND MRI I NEEDED TO HAVE SURGERY HOWEVER HE FELT THAT IN LIGHT OF MY MOBILITY AND LACK OF PAIN I SHOULD TRY TO GET ALONG UNTIL I BEGAN TO HAVE PAIN AND THEY HE WOULD OFFER SURGERY. I KNOW WHEN I DO HAVE SURGERY I WILL CHOOSE DR ROSE. WHEN I LEFT THE OFFICE THE STAFF SAID GOOD BYE AND I RECEIVED A PRINT OUT OF MY EXAM AND DISCUSSION WITH THE DOCTOR ALONG WITH A WHAT TO DO TO IF I SHOULD HAVE PAIN.THANK YOU DOCTOR ROSE AND STAFF. YOU ARE WONDERFUL.I CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT YOU AND YOUR STAFF.

|  orthroscopic knee surgery  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

My overall experience with Dr' Rose was excellent. The initial and follow up visit's to his office were always a positive experience and there was not much waiting time. His staff is professional, pleasant, courteous and helpful. The surgical experience at the Hospital for Special Surgery was outstanding. From the moment I walked into the admissions office until discharge, the attention given was fabulous. The staff made you feel at ease at a time when you were nervous. I would highly recommend Dr Rose to anyone. Debbie Petkanas Glen Cove NY

|  NO JUST A NUMBER  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

My mother recently had surgery with Dr. Rose. I kept hearing how great he was, nice, and caring. I didn't understand why my mom was saying that until I went along with her for her first visit after surgery. The staff was great, so pleasant and nice. They actually smile even when we left. Genuinely nice, and the doctor was super caring. My mother is elderly and sometime at her visits, the doctor is ready to push her out the door, and doesn't even care to see how she is. Not Dr. Rose! He cares about her as a patient, and is so thorough, and complete. I'm not even a patient and I'm totally recommending him to everyone I know. Great office, great staff, AMAZING DR!!!!

|  Extremely comfortable with Dr. and staff  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2012

I found the Dr. Rose to be extremely competent and direct. He recommended surgery but was not pushy about it. He even suggested that if i wasn't 100% comfortable with his diagnosis and recommendation that i get a second opinion. I had dealings with both his Nyc office staff as well as his LI staff and found them both to be extremely accommodating and courteous.

|  Jack L.  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2012

I have never been treated so well at a doc office. They greet me nicely and ask how I am feeling. The doctor is amazing and spends time with me. You geta sheet after that tells what my problem is and what the plan is. The office is very accessible by phone or email. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

Feb 13th, 2012

Dr. Rose is a wonderful doctor. His staff however is nothing but nasty and rude! I would think again about going to the doctor just because of the nasty staff!!

Dec 2nd, 2011

I picked doc rose cos he was convenient for me to see him in Ny for work or when I was off on LI. The girls in the office are nice too. Not nasty or dismissive you know. Anyways thanks to him and the girls who got me in the same day I called I'm feeling better. I'm glad it's nothing, but im totally coming back whenever anything acts up!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2011

Dr. Rose listens to me and answers all my questions. Diagnosed my problems accurately and resolved my issues. Great doctor.

Aug 3rd, 2011

I cant say enough about Dr. Rose!!! he is absolutely wonderful. He literally changed my life, I can live life free of pain. He said "when you are ready, call me. I'll find time." I waited over 4 years! i was so scared of a knee replacement. When I called i was scheduled immediately and the staff was so great at helping through and answering all of my questions. The nurse was pretty much available all the time, and the girls in the office remembered me every time i came in or called. I wasn't just an number, I was me. Although I do need to get my other knee, I know whenever I am ready to undertake this venture I will be welcomed, and have the greatest experience ever with this office. I recommend Dr. Rose to everyone I come across. THE BEST!

|  Jumpshots  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2011

I am happy to say am doing very well after my ACL surgery. Physical therapy is about done and I have started to run and work out again. I actually played my first game of basketball on Saturday and moved very well (my jumpshot left something to be desired). It was a little sore the next day but I am sure that will get better the more I run. Thank you again for everything you have done the whole process was very easy and I am already seeing how much stronger the knee is getting.Patrick L.

Mar 4th, 2011

Well my gripe with any medical office is sometimes I forget what the Doctor tells me. Then I have to call and wait for a phone call and its a never ending process. Sometimes a phonecall is not what I want because even later down the road I forget again what the Doctor said. What so smart is I got this sheet. After the puzzled look on my face, Dr. Rose's super sweet office staff explained that it was my discharge sheet. It was a sheet explaining, what Dr. Rose found, what he did, and even a way for me to e-mail him. I am so excited that this office is up to date with technology. They get an A in my book.Lisa

|  No Waiting! No Surgery!  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2011

I have been to many differet orthopedists, and waited for an eternity. I made an appointment on a Friday, saw him Monday, got my MRI right away and was in Physical Therapy by the end of the week. 2 months later, (knock on wood), I feel back to normal. I was worried because I was told by some other cut happy docs that I needed surgery. Dr. Rose was super confident and said no. I am so glad that I was able to stay out of the operating room. Even the staff was pleasant and responded to my requests quickly! One word: AMAZING!DAVID R.

|  AMAZING MD AND STAFF!!!!  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2010

I was weary when I came on this site bcs I wasn't sure what to expect. Let me tell you not only is HSS the place to have surgery but this staff is great!!! Dr. Rose was my second opinion but he actually made me feel ok with having my surgery. I was given an appointment quickly. After my appointment spoke with the nurse who answered so many of my questions! The rest of the staff got all of my stuff done so i didn't need to worry about work!! I am so happy I chose this office. The staff was just as nice as Dr. Rose... although if it wasn't for his hands, my knees wouldn't be the same! Recommend him to everyone I know!

|  POSTER PATIENT  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2010

Well, not running but swimming, walking around my development and chasing my grand children thanks to Dr. Rose. I am finally back up and running. The staff was great, and alwasy available to answer all of my questions and help guide me through the surgery. Diane R

|  PROUD PATIENTS  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2010

Thank you for taking time out of your day to call in a new prescription that my dad can take with his new heart stent.We are proud o be your patientsLinda Villalta & Massimino Capone

|  Fantastic  |  show details
by Happy and walking...... on Aug 30th, 2010

Great doctor and fantastic staff. Went out of their way to get my surgery on the schedule so I wouldn't have to wait. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

|  Excellent  |  show details
by Jerry Leddy on Jul 13th, 2010

Dr. Rose was great throughout the process. He encourages you to get back to being active; that is important to me.

|  hey pops  |  show details
by your son on Mar 1st, 2010

whats going on does this thing work? call me love john

|  Fantastic, caring, superbly competent...BUT...  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2010

The "office manager" is incredibly arrogant and nasty. Other staff is quite good and caring...especially the Great Neck crew...but NOT the "witch." :-)

Oct 27th, 2009

nasty office staff

|  don't call his nurse  |  show details
by a person that was in need on Apr 17th, 2009

she will bite off your head

Feb 21st, 2009

Dr. Rose is the best in his field, but he has the most incompetent office staff!