Dr. Howard Royal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

May 1st, 2016
Intimidates, poor communication, condescending...
He might be a fair doctor, but I'm not going to ever go back. Communication is all on his part. He wants you to listen to him and do exactly what he says. If you question him you will likely be yelled at. If you want to be treated like an uneducated sharecropper in 1926 go to this guy. If you want a thoughtful discussion about your health concerns find a doctor in Augusta (not Aiken) associated with University Health Care. I am uneasy with the health care culture in Aiken.

July 22nd, 2015
Has to be the worse doctor visit ever in my life.

May 31st, 2014
Dr Royal listen to your patients.
Dr Royal is now using the net to enter data, instead of spending time with patients. He is entering data.He is rude and doesn't listen at all before giving advise. People stay away. Dr Royal retire now.

September 17th, 2013
Good man!
I have been seeing Dr. Royal for approximately 15 years. He speaks openly and frankly about my symptoms/diagnosis and potential long term impacts. He has a very matter-of-fact manner that encourages me to trust his opinions (although I can understand how others would prefer to have sugar-coated delivery of information). I highly recommend this practitioner to anyone seeking thorough, professional, ADULT medical services. Remember, people, many of the conditions we suffer from are incurred by life-style choices we've made. Be prepared to handle the truth.

April 14th, 2013
Awful
Dr. Royal is an arrogant, condescending, pitiful excuse for a doctor, with some major screws loose...avoid that man!

April 19th, 2012
Terrible
If you need a doctor, DO NOT go to Dr. Royal. I am writing this review to save you the time and money we wasted by seeing him. I obviously can't speak for everyone, but this review is 100% accurate based on our experience. Dr. Royal tried to convince my spouse that all the pain was simply conjured up. He accused us of trying to diagnose the problem, and discounted everything we said when all we wanted was to explain the pain we were experiencing in hopes that he would help us. Instead, we left Dr. Royal's office feeling like none of our concerns were addressed, and all we had to show were some prescriptions that would never fix the problem, only mask it. My advice: avoid the anger and frustration we endured by staying far away from this man's practice.

November 3rd, 2011
It depends on what kind of mood the Dr. is in to what his bedside manner will be.

October 18th, 2011
Had to quit seeing him after he told me my strep throat was food stuck on my tonsils. Went to another doctor for a second opinion, who actually bothered to swab. This wasn't the first mis-diagnosis either, just the one that finally made me throw in the towel with him

October 18th, 2009
Best I've had
I wouldn't trust anyone else in Aiken. He is the best!