Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD
Child, adolescent and adult Psychiatrist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.6601941747573 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by PB on Oct 2nd, 2014

I like that he understood my minor disadisfaction and worked with me and understood the problem and understood my point instead of just blowing me off. I would like to talk more about my problems from childhood to work past them and part of that is my fault as well not engaging or finding the way to dive into it. I just want to move past it and be at peace withall of it

by PB on Sep 29th, 2014

|  Ggffggg  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2014

Ghhhhhhhn

Sep 23rd, 2014

Am very glad I found him...

|  best doctor ever  |  show details
by Michael Rhinesmith on Sep 7th, 2014

Dr. Rudominer is the best doctor that I have ever known. He has gone above and beyond for me many times. He has been my doctor going on four years now, and though I'm not always the best patient he has never given up on me. He very is understanding and compassionate. Dr. Rudominer is a warm and friendly person. His office is comfortable and inviting. He has saved my life so many times. Dr. Rudominer has given me a completely knew start at life. I would totally recommend Dr.Rudy to any person who is struggling in life or just need someone to listen to them. I owe him everything, thanks again Dr.Rudominer.

|  Knowledgeable and trusting doctor  |  show details
by Jim T. on Aug 14th, 2014

Dr. R is a very knowledgeable doctor in the field who genuinely cares about his patients. He was able to come to an accurate diagnosis promptly and made sure I let him know how I was doing while taking medication. He makes himself available via text and email and responds fast. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a trusting doctor of psychiatry.

|  My review  |  show details
by Paul Bosco on Jun 11th, 2014

I'm pleased with going to dr.rudominer and the results I've been getting. I am able to express myself and say anything and he doesn't judge or mock me. He listens and tells me why the things on my life are happening and I feel closure with it. Also, he is trained for both drug dependency and being an actual psychiatrist where I can deal with my problems.

|  Professional and knowledgeable  |  show details
by James on Jun 2nd, 2014

I would like to start off by saying that when it comes to picking doctors, I am incredibly selective. With that being said, I have been struggling with ADHD my entire life, which unfortunately went undiagnosed until very recently. Upon graduating college, I came to the conclusion that as a highly motivated individual, my inability to concentrate was more deep rooted than generic laziness. After a fairly decent amount of research, I decided to see Dr. Rudominer about my ADHD, which turned out to be a life changing decision. When I arrived at his home office, I was immediately greeted and felt very comfortable. Dr. Rudominer did a very thorough analysis of my background information, and within a short time period came to the conclusion of adult ADHD. His diagnosis couldn't have been more accurate, and the medication he gave me not only treated my symptoms, it nearly eliminated the restrictions ADHD imposed on my life. If ADHD is affecting your life whether it be socially or professionally, I highly recommend giving Dr. Rudominer a shot.

|  Much more than just an RX writer  |  show details
by Cathy G on May 10th, 2014

My child has been a patient of Dr. R's since early adolescence. The doctor has been an important stabilizing force in our lives, dealing with many life challenges as college, family crisis , to name just a couple. One of the things that I really appreciate is that he doesn't just prescribe meds and when he does prescribe he closely follows the patient's progress and will change or discontinue something if it isn't really helpful. I know some other kids that have been on the same Aderol seemingly forever. He also doesn't just nod & ask "how did that make your feel" we went to a couple of those...He really probes and will call my kid on it when he knows he's feeding him a line.

|  Caring and compassionate.  |  show details
by DW on May 8th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Rudominer for about 6 years now. I was being treated for child abuse both physical and mental. I had a successful career and this surfaced after I had retired. We had many many conversations that were personally revealing emotionally. It was needed in order to heal. Dr. Rudominer listened intently and gave me the insight to focus on healing myself emotionally by embracing what had happened to me and putting it in the right perspective. Not only did Dr. Rudominer treat the emotional issues but he as a medical doctor also found imbalances in my blood work that were serious and they were resolved as well. It takes the time and trust to work through issues that have impacted one for years and Dr. Rudominer is an excellent guide. Many thanks to him for his patience and guidance. I am now on a maintenance program and am doing very well.

May 7th, 2014

The best psychologist in the tri-state area

|  Cannot say enough good things  |  show details
by KimA on May 6th, 2014

I don't often choose to recommend doctors as it is a reflection on myself as well as the person I recommend if the doctor is not everything a person hopes for,. However, this is one case where I feel 100% confident. I have been seeing Dr Rudi for a few years now and the treatment he has provided me is only matched by the empathy and compassion he has shown every time I see him. In addition, I feel secure in knowing Dr Rudi remains up to date on the latest knowledge and takes the time to continually keep himself abreast of any new developments in the field. I feel comfortable with him and have complete faith in his expertise. Anyone looking for a doctor can not go wrong by choosing Dr Rudi.

|  Best doctor ever.  |  show details
by Michael Rhinesmith on May 1st, 2014

Dr. Rudominer is the best doctor I have meet yet. I have been struggling with depression and anxiety and opiate dependency and ADD for a long time.I started seeing Dr. Rudominer. On October fifth 2012. And he got me to the point of feeling normal in the first couple visits. He has a real compassion for his patients and doesn't treat you like a number. He went above and beyond for me so many times, with medication's and with all my other problems. I,m not always a perfect patient but he has never given up on me. Dr. Rudominer has truly saved my life and I owe him more than I will ever be able pay for. Dr. Rudominer is honestly one of a kind..Thanks from Rhinesmith family.

|  Lifeboat  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2014

He tends to waste a lot of session time -- texting and texting, going over his appointment book for the upcoming week with a bottle of white-out, lecturing unsolicited sales callers, investigating an odd barely perceptible sound coming from his printer -- while you pour out the first half of your childhood or fill in the blank. I found him to be OK; definitely dedicated to what he does when he isn't doing something else. I had trouble getting past the personality, but felt it better to have him in the lifeboat than not, provided rescue comes soon.

Doctor's Response

I am glad that he or she who wrote this review views me as dedicated. I have been in private practice for 41 years and can say I enjoy helping patients more than ever. I am very responsive and empathic to patents, but do sometimes have to answer texts if there is an emergency or an urgent call or text. My phone is always on vibrate. I always discuss it with my patients first and make sure they feel comfortable with it. It is apparent that this patient did not, but did not discuss his or her feelings about it with me. And yes if there are extraneous noises which I feel are disrupting the session, I will quickly try to make them stop if I can. I am glad that this patent recognizes that I am extremely careful not to make mistakes when writing down appointments in my appointment book. There is nothing worse than putting the wrong time or date down for a patient and having them come at the wrong time or day. As I said earlier, I listen very carefully to my patients and am very empathic. That is why I'm able to elicit information from their past that many patients have never told anyone else before. Although I am happy that this patient feels safe with me like I am in the "lifeboat" with him or her helping them from "drowning," it is not really possible or even helpful to always be in the "lifeboat" with my patents. However, I am always "nearby" to give them support even if it includes texting me in an emergency 24/7. The bottom line is that every treatment can not go as well as I would like and not every patient can form a solid therapeutic alliance with me. With 92 reviews if every review was wonderful, who would believe them? I have been honored with the 2013 Most Compassionate Doctor's Award as well as the 2012 and 2013 Patient's Choice Awards. I am also proud that I have also been listed as one of the best psychiatrists in the USA and Canada specializing in the treatment of people with Mood Disorders on a leading depression website.

|  An expert NJ psychiatrist and psychopharmacologist  |  show details
by David S. on Apr 18th, 2014

An expert NJ psychiatrist and psychopharmacologist. Successfully got my bipolar and ADD under control so I could work again and live my life again. Gets right to the heart of the problem and treats it quickly and aggressively with single meds or combinations that really work. Don’t waste your time with other psychiatrists who claim to know psychopharmacology (which is without question a big part of the solution), because it is a rare specialty that very few can do and do well. Dr. Rudy has been practicing for 40 years, and it is obvious that he loves what he does. I just wish I had met him 40 years ago. Thank you for all you have done for me.

|  Helped me when my doctor passed away  |  show details
by Helen on Apr 3rd, 2014

Dr. R. took my case when my doctor died unexpectedly. I was so distraught and worried I would never find someone comparable, particulary with my peculiar drug regimen. I was glad when I called Dr. R. and he said he would see me right away. He straightened out my medications and is a genius with health insurance coverage. He is extremely detail oriented, informative, and instructive. I found I could relate to him on the first visit; he readily put me at ease. He has a great sense of humor and he appreciates mine as well. He is intelligent, caring and most compassionate. I carry great respect for him and hope to continue our doctor/patient relationship as long as possible.

|  Compassionate and understanding.  |  show details
by Dw on Mar 7th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Rudominer's for a while now after suffering from depression. The depression is in remission and I have Dr. Rudominer to thank for his guidance through a very confusing time in my life. He is a kind, compassionate, and generous man.

|  saved my husband  |  show details
by Kristen S on Feb 25th, 2014

My hasband was suffering for years from depression and narcotic abuse. He has been clean and is back to himself thanks to Dr. Rudominers patience, pharmacology skills and compassion. When I first met him I was unsure since he is not very touchy feely. However he was and contiues to be very commited to my husbands care and success. We saw a number of doctors and all failed where Dr. R suceeded. Thank You from my daughter and our whole family for my hasband. He literally saved his life

|  Road to recovery  |  show details
by Baruch K. on Feb 20th, 2014

My wife has been seeing different psychiatrists through the many years of her life. She has not found one that is willing to help the root of her problems, with ultimately failing my wife. Until now she is seeing dr. Rudominer and with much work to be done she is well on her way to a satisfying life and full recovery. Without Dr. Rudominer I am feared to say that I probably would not have my wife by my side as I write this review. So to all those skeptics out there hear my voice, wonderful person and great doctor thank you for helping my wife and family. Bless you :)

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2014

Dr. Rudominer is one of the most confident, caring & compassionate doctors I've ever met. He's guided me through making changes in my life that I was always too afraid to make. Thanks to him, I've become more confident and self aware. I can't imagine what my life would be like without him. Scheduling appointments is super easy. Dr. Rudominer has always made himself available whenever I really needed to see him. He truly cares about his patients.

|  Best Ever  |  show details
by Kate on Feb 3rd, 2014

I found Dr. Rudominer in the yellow pages and I decided to call because of his affiliation with NYU. From the first meeting I felt comfortable with his knowledge, approach and personality. He has a no-nonsense drive to get his patients to a better quality of life. He is also up on all medications for treatment. Because of Dr. Rudominer my depression, from which I have suffered all my adult life, is now under control. I would recommend him without hesitation to anyone who needs help.

|  What is up with his narcissistic behaviors?  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2014

Dr. Rudominor may be great at working with medication and easy to contact, but his crazy ego obsession really makes me wonder about him. Who cares about his obsession with lining his walls with photos of himself with sports stars and actors and mentioning them and his accomplishments as often as possible Seems like it says a lot about part of him and that is not normal. And why are some people graving to pay thousands of dollars to be treated by him for 7-10 years? Crazy he charges hundreds of dollars paid in cash per session. How much does one person need to earn? Makes quite a statement and their are lots of docs with high patient ratings who are less greedy and charge normal amounts especially when they do not accept any insurance. Get a hold of your ego. That is not compassionate.

Doctor's Response

This does not seem to be a patient of mine. First, he has spelled my name wrong. Any patient of mine knows how to spell my name correctly. This is not a typo. Second his poor grammar implies even further that this is a bogus review! Third I have been in practice for 40 years dedicated to ALL my patients, and I am passionate about healing them getting them better and symptom free. I never give up in my quest to help patients and always strive to give patients hope! And his or her's use of the word "graving" is a strange and innapropriate usage. My patients' usually terminate psychotherapy and/or medication management in much fewer than 7-10 years. That just seems to be a made up number by this person. He also implies that I am not compassionate, yet I have been honored with the 2013 Most Compassionate Doctor's Award as well as the 2012 and 2013 Patient's Choice Awards. Among the nation's 870,000 active physicians and dentists, just five percent qualify for the awards, based on patient feedback. Doctors are rated on-line by patients on various components of care, including accuracy of diagnoses, the amount of time spent with the doctor, and the doctor's bedside manner and follow-up care.

|  A Helping Hand  |  show details
by MJ on Jan 29th, 2014

Writing this review brings back the memories of all the reasons as to why I needed Dr. Rudominer's help in the first place. Those long nights hoping to overcome what was severely affecting my life but to no avail. I found Dr. Rudominer with the help of google and read through as many of the countless reviews that i could possible find. After reading 4 start review after 4 star review I actually became skeptical, I remember thinking to myself how someone could really be that good. Well fast-forword a couple months later and I'm a believer. My life has done a 360 ever since i met Dr. Rudominer and the speed at which my life has changed is a direct result of how good he really is. Personally, I think what makes him such a great Dr is his ability to connect with his patients mainly because he actually cares about his patients. Its not just once or twice a week in an office, he finds the time to call or text if need be, and if one cannot make it to the office he will even use Skype. I guess what I'm trying to say is he will go above and beyond and then some for his patients and thats what makes him great.

|  Four stars all around  |  show details
by tracy on Jan 27th, 2014

I've had my fair share of doctor "horror" stories, so when I went looking for a psychiatrist I did so with a great deal of skepticism. I assumed I'd either find a horrible doctor with excellent availability, or an amazing doctor who couldn't see me for six months. Suffice to say, I got lucky. Dr Rudominer responded to my initial email within 24 hours and I had an appointment for a few days later. I've been seeing him for a few months now, and it's been a "four star experience.." He returns phone calls and texts, has a flexible schedule, doesn't rush me and hasn't fired me the few times I've missed appointments ;) When I walk into his office it's like exhaling a giant breath and I really love going -- not sure many people can say that about their doctors.

|  Changing Lives  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2014

If you are here reading this now because you are looking for a new therapist, or your first. That Dr. Rudominer is in the business of finding practical and lasting solutions for his patients. Each therapy has its unique challenges and issues which are myriad and complex, many of which have been detailed in the preceding reviews. But the common thread throughout these reviews is expressly stated verbatim by patients in the following words, over and over -- "He changed my life." If you are looking for a therapist who sits back, takes copious notes, and throws the occasional pearl your way this doctor is probably not for you. But if you are looking for a psychiatrist who takes a proactive and "hands on" approach to helping patients solve problems, improve outcomes, and often (from reading these reviews) change lives, then this doctor may be for you. No therapy is perfect, nor is this doctor. That he does not hide but rather makes patients aware of his accomplishments and skills (referred elsewhere here as "ego") has never bothered me. It's information I would rather have than not, and it didn't take long in my therapy to appreciate his sense of humor, which can be quite self deprecating. You will disagree with Dr. Rudominer at times, he will get on your nerves at times, but he gets results, and he often changes lives.

|  Am I the only one who sees how transparent these reviews are?  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2014

This guy clearly asks his patients to do this which in my opinion is a tad bush league. I've seen this man for a while I can say this, he cares about one thing and one thing only- MONEY. Let's think about this logically, why would he pay huge sums of money to flood internet search engines so that his name pops up first when searching for psychiatrists in this area? Then, once the unsuspecting person checks his ratings that to me seem inflated and voila, another customer. He hired med practitioners who can prescribe for him as well. His thought here is to offload those that can't afford him to these ppl and then he can still line his pockets. Quite the business model. Efficiencies of scale.

Doctor's Response

I believe the way this review has been written and the language used by this person that this is not or has never been an actual patient of mine. It is unclear why he or she chose to write this bogus negative review on me. My patients never refer to me as "this guy" or themselves as customers! I have over 60 favorable reviews on Vitals from patients who know how dedicated I am to give them the highest respect and quality of care. I have also been honored by receiving both the 2012 and 2013 Most Compassionate Doctor's and Patients' Satisfaction Awards. Among the nation's 870,000 active physicians and dentists, just five percent qualify for these awards based on patient feedback

Dec 12th, 2013

He has made a big difference in my life.

|  best choice i have really ever made  |  show details
by Pete V on Dec 12th, 2013

I have been a pt of Dr. Rudominer for close to 7 years. He alone has changed my life for the better in so many ways, for example when i first started to see him i was in destress. i reallly needed to be helped. He took great egergency to making an appt for me the very next day, witch from there saved my life. I was treated with respect and listened to with great concern that iv never seen from a doctor before. to care about all my problems and really zero in on what was my problem. My job hours are also very demanding . and forever changing witch Dr. Rudominer always would work with me and always return my call weather it would be really early or really late i have always had the comfort knowing that i had him in my corner always caring and helping me to do better and really deal with my problems. what other doctors missed he picked up. for example i have always had a very hard time contrating at work ,when i was in school, and just day to day life. He diginosed me with ADHD when others my whole life had missed that. that alone was a life changer. For i found myself with the ability to constrate at work and make better choices in life. because of him i am leading a happy life with the intencions on getting ingaged to a wonderfull girl who if i was never treated corectly and contuied down the path i was going i never would have met the love of my life. I look foward to contuing seeing Dr Rudiminer . Knowing i have a Great Doctor who really cares about me and my life is very satisfing and very greatfull to have him.

|  excellent psychiatrist  |  show details
by Michael T. on Dec 6th, 2013

I am 6 year patient of Dr. Rudy. He saved my life and I thank him for that. Excellent pharmacologist and compassionate as well. I have seen some reviews say he is standoffish or full of himself. This is easy to break through. He knows his stuff and keeps current on meds treatment modalities. I can only say that being in the field he is as good as any psych i have visited and there have been many.

|  "End of the Road"  |  show details
by Pro V. Ocative on Nov 18th, 2013

It's paradoxical that I, of all his patients, am "writing a review" of Dr. R, as my psychiatrist. To say that he must really trust me, is a testament itself, of the faith that he has in his patients, as well as the faith he instills in them, also. I know first hand! Dr. Rudy has been my doctor for…..I'm not even sure how many years. More important, is that he still is my doctor. I've been treated differently by others. I admit, I am, a challenge; a huge one. He's hung in there with me, though. I like to tell him that I keep him young! Not sure he agrees. Yet he has faced me, as I'm sure he does all his patients, with patience, understanding, empathy, intelligence, and with the "know how" that 30 years of experience earns. He's honest, approachable, consciences, and I hate to inflate his ego this much, but he's pretty brilliant, also. He is quite a doctor. One I am happy to recommend. When I'm not hating him, I absolutely love him to pieces. He's the best! You can't find better. I'm sure you will agree.

|  I have come so far since I've started seeing him  |  show details
by Benita on Oct 13th, 2013

I began seeing Dr Rudominer quite a long time ago when I was in a deep depression and barely able to function! Now at the present time with all the therapy I have received from him I am a completely different woman, I now am able to go out every day and enjoy my day and not only that I am happy with who I am and so is my husband! Like my husband said " I got my girlfriend back"! The person I once was. Dr Rudominer helped me achieve all of this and still to this day continues to do so!! I highly recommend him to anyone who is seeking help with anything that may be troubling them a great deal!

|  Still extremely happ with Dr. Rudy's care  |  show details
by Kim A. on Sep 2nd, 2013

I have been one of Dr. Rudominer's patients for a little over 2 years and have written before regarding how happy I am with his service, Still, I feel compelled to write an additional review as the care I have received from Dr. Rudy is above and beyond my expectations. Dr. Rudominer is now only knowledgeable, but I feel even more confident in his care knowing he continually remains up to date on anything and everything in the filed that may help his patients. He is empathetic, caring and most importantly "real" in that he is easy to talk to and speaks to me without seeming in any way condescending. I think the most impressive aspect of Dr. Rudominer's care is his assessibility. Never before have I seen a doctor who gives me the secuirity of knowing he is always there should I need him. I highly recommend Dr. Rudominer for anyone looking for a doctor. You will not be disappointed.

Aug 23rd, 2013

Dr. Rudominer has been treating my adult ADHD for the past 5 years with very positive results. His clinical approach is extremely thorough and he explores both your psychological state as well as your physiological state. Dr. Rudominer strongly advocates healthy living practices, balanced diet and vitamins as well as moderating medications for the best results. There are not many practitioners in this field these days that will take as thorough of an approach to diagnostics as well as treatment, I cannot be happier with the results of the treatment from Dr. Rudominer.

|  Very helpful  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2013

I've only seen Dr. Rudominer a couple of times, but so far, so good. He is very prompt and tactful with his work. He is extremely knowledgeable and has a lot of experience, which is comforting in getting an accurate diagnosis and/or prescription. Before going to him, I was at a standstill as for what to do. I was suffering from severe depression, anxiety and struggling with untreated ADD. Now that I've seen him a couple of times I actually have hope for my future. Would definitely recommend Dr. Rudominer, after all the years of not getting the proper and appropriate treatment.

by Georgene F. on Aug 19th, 2013

We have just begun our journey with Dr. Rudominer and so far we are very pleased. He is kind, professional and eager to figure out the best way to get our son on the path of wellness. Our son has suffered in silence for many years and hopefully now with this doctor's help he will feel his old self again in the near future.

|  Thank you Dr. Rudominer  |  show details
by MaryAnn C. on Aug 8th, 2013

Thanks to Dr. Rudominer, my husband and I have our son back. He has been struggling with drug addiction for years and before seeing him, nothing else seemed to work. We have sent him to at least five different rehab facilities, but only Dr Rudominer was able to figure out the right medication my son needed to get on the road to recover. Our family has seen such a dramatic change in him since he has been seeing Dr. Rudominer and I recommend anyone with family or friends struggling with addiction to seek him out.

|  Thanks to Dr. Howard Rudominer  |  show details
by Eddie C on Aug 8th, 2013

Dr. Rudominer honestly saved my life. He paid close attention to all my symptoms and problems going on in my life and he prescribed me the right medications to overcome them. He got me out of active addiction and on the right track to live the life I've always wanted to live. I can be the father I always wanted to be and the man my family deserves. I have never felt so comfortable in my own skin. I am extremely greatful for all he has done for me and I recommend anyone that's struggling in life to give him a chance to save your life as well.

|  Dr. Rudy  |  show details
by Jack Callander on Jul 23rd, 2013

Great Doctor!

|  Compassion  |  show details
by KW on May 10th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Rudominer for about 6 years. The treatment was for depression caused by verbal and physical abuse when I was younger. I am an adult but had cause to see Dr. Rudominer over a life changing event that triggered the depression and the anxiety. Throughout the treatment I can only say that Dr. Rudominer exhibited a professional but very compassionate course of action to treat me. He was kind, considerate, and caring allowing the time necessary to heal. I am doing very well thanks to his guidance. Thanks Dr. Rudy.

|  The highest recommendation for Dr. Rudominer  |  show details
by Kimberly A on May 2nd, 2013

After seeing Dr. Rudominer for several years now I was compelled to write a second review as I have been more than satisfied with the level of care I have received. What makes Dr. RUdominer so helpful is not only the knowledge he possesses in his chosen field , but his compassion and abilty to relate to me as a person not just a patient. He has been a source of strength for me as I continue on my road to a better self and I am grateful for everything he has done for me. I cannot recommend a doctor more highly.

|  So Grateful  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2013

I am so grateful that Dr. Rudominer is treating my child. There is nothing worse than a parent feeling helpless when great trauma falls upon one's child. Dr. Rudominer's expertise, care, timeliness, and accessibility has breathed oxygen back into our lives.

|  Dr Rudominer has changed my life  |  show details
by Benita K. on Mar 5th, 2013

Dr Rudominer accepted me as a patient and has changed my life for the best, not only has he helped me with my mental health but my physical health as well many underlying issues continue to be solved to this day. I highly recommend him to anyone who is searching for a reliable and trustworthy physchiatrist!!

|  Recommended  |  show details
by Daniel on Feb 13th, 2013

I am not an easy patient to deal with. In treating my complex case, Dr. Rudominer acted with prompt efficacy and simultaneous sensitivity. First and foremost he is a professional, but he is also down to earth with an engaging and authentic personality. His care for his patients is genuine, and I look forward to my appointment every week. He is worthy of your trust.

|  An absolute amazing new life style  |  show details
by Pete. V on Feb 11th, 2013

Dr. Rudominer has changed my life in many ways. He first helped me with dependence witch i thought was never going to change.. Dr. Rudy stayed by by side easing me thou the very difficult transitional time making me feel really comfortable to talk and open up to, like he has for the last 7 years. Its a through the tough task and with his amazing calmness and experience got me through the rough road. that was 7 years ago.. My life was changed in a way i cant even explain.. Then there was the hurtle of over coming my anxiety and depression. with the treatment from Dr Rudominer my day to day life dramatically did a complete 360.. taking the time to find what medication would work for me and through it all always would keep me calm and feel at peace carefully monitoring my treatment to make sure i found the right treatment for me. After those experiences i was a changed happy person. Just when i thought things couldn't get better in my life Dr. Rudominer also discovered that i had ADHD... With out any hesitation he started to find the best treatment that would ultimately COMPLETELY form me into the man i have become today. people at work, family,and friends seen a hugh difference in my life. I opened a side business, started dating more, and was able to completely focus at work. I thank Dr Rudominer from the deepest part of my heart and feel very proud and lucky knowing he is, and always will be in my corner no matter how bad things may seem Dr. Rudominer will help guide me through. He has always been very easy to reach even with my early bird work hrs he always responds back. Over the years i have referred many of my close friends,family, and colleges to him and have never had a complaint..and will always reefer him to any person in need of help, knowing that that person will be well taken care of by an experienced, knowledgeable, and caring Doctor.

|  In time of need  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2013

Dr. Rudominer understands his specialty and knows how to treat his patients. I was at a crossroads and knew it was time to make a change so I researched online a local specialists in dependence and found Dr Rudy who had the best rating. Fortunately that was true. He lived up to my expectations by taking me right away as he knows the window to start treatment is short. He made me feel comfortable on how my treatment would be seem less which it turned out to be. I am a better man today and I thank Dr. Rudominer for playing a key role at a key time. I would recommend him to my family and friends as I value his depth of experience as a compliment to his pleasant patient interaction style. I enjoy talking to him.

Feb 5th, 2013

Extremely helpful. Dr. Rudy always goes out of his way to make sure I have everything I need. Super easy to contact, whether it is via phone, email, or even the contact box on his website. Really nice and comfortable location. He has never been more than 5 min late. You can tell he has a lot of experience in his field. I was able to completely turn my life around with his help. Great doctor.

Feb 4th, 2013

I posted a review for Dr. Howard Rudominer a year and a half ago when I first started treatment. I am still in treatment with Dr. Rudominer and I have come a long way. I have made unimaginable progress while in treatment and continue to move forward. I am doing very well in school now, thanks to proper diagnosis and treatment, and am much more motivated to accomplish tasks. Also exciting, I can finally say that I am no longer depressed. Dr. Rudominer has helped me rise above the most difficult times in my life and though I still have more progress to make, I have made more progress than I ever thought possible, all attributed to the help of Dr. Rudominer.

|  Be on time and you should be just fine!  |  show details
by Shawn Donnelly on Feb 2nd, 2013

Dr. Rudominer came into my world during one of its lowest moments. Since the very first phone call I placed to him (on his personal iPhone) he has proven himself to be extremely eager to help and what is perhaps even more important--Dr. Rudominer has proven to be just as capable as he is willing and eager to help out his patients. Whether proving his willingness to accommodate his patients as much as humanly possible by offering an extremely flexible schedule to providing his patients with unheard of real-time access to him in times of emergency or need through the use of iMessage on his iPhone, Dr. Rudominer continues to not only prove how dedicated he is to his patients, but also, just how much he loves what he does for his patients through his psychiatric practice.

by SJM on Jan 29th, 2013

Dr. Rudy has been treating me for a few years now, for various issues/problems. I found him by chance and have to say I am so happy he is the doctor I found. He is a caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, kind and honest doctor. He is always available, anytime and he will always get back to you no matter what (ie - time of day, reason, etc). Dr. Rudy has helped me through many things and his concern and knowledge of anything i ask him is exceptional. He is also a doctor who will search for the answers if he doesn't know it at that moment, which is something I've never seen before. An example of his (Dr. Rudy's) character/person, was when hurricane Sandy hit our area; I was worried because of past experience with Hurricane Irene, and the day after Sandy hit, he texted me just to ask how my family was, how our house was, and he wanted me to know that he was hoping we were all ok. I've never heard of a doctor doing that, and was touched by his concern. Dr. Rudominer is a doctor I would recommend to anyone, a really wonderful man.

|  Guiding relationships between nations...  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2013

For me as a foreigner, it was a scary experience to go to a doctor and someone that I did not know. In my country, I would never think about going to therapy, its not our thing to talk about problems with a stranger. After only a few sessions, I realized that Dr. Ruddy does a tremendous job bridging between 2 different people with different mentalities and cultures. My relations with my fiancee went beyond great... and we are about to be married. After being in this country for nearly 3 years I would encourage people to go for therapy. I highly recommend Dr. rudy, he is a great tool to build mind, body & soul...so put him to work!

|  insightful journey  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2013

Dr R. has help me in so many was, from discovering my learning disorders, bringing me closer to my son or giving me the courage to remarry. he takes a holistic approach from diet to health and from introspective to daily surroundings. I would have never achieved the life that i have without his relentless guidance.

|  Phenomenal doctor!  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2013

I must say Dr. Rudominer is an absolutely amazing physician! After seeing multiple psychiatrists who kept misdiagnosing me with different conditions and unsuccessfully treating my symptoms, Dr. Rudominer nailed down my condition right on and provided me with a superb treatment plan! I was on a leave from graduate school and thanks to Dr. Rudominer's treatment plan and rapid diagnosis, I was back to graduate school 8 months earlier than everyone else predicted! I went from being a 3/10 in terms of daily functioning to a perfect 10/10 and my productivity has surged! I am so thankful to Dr. Rudominer and I highly recommend him as a psychiatrist! I don't think it would be an overstatement to say that he is the best in the tri-state area!

Jan 25th, 2013

Doctor Rudominer is undoubtedly very knowledgeable in terms of diagnosis and medical treatment. I have been seeing him for a few months after a somewhat traumatic experience, which caused me to become temporarily but severely paranoid (also enhanced by excessive marijuana abuse). Before Doctor Rudy, I was being unjustly treated with an excessive amount of anti-psychotic pills, which my previous doctor wanted me on for an extensive period of time causing me to be a socially crippled zombie. Doctor Rudominer very wisely reduced my dosage over time to a very minimal one, allowing me to go back to school to complete my education, and more importantly, my social life; completely paranoia-free. I highly reccomend Doctor Rudominer for he is clearly very competent in terms of prescribing the right medication and the amount you should take. However, he can be arrogant; in the first few weeks he constantly reminded me of his long term experience and his proficiency when I did not ever question him/inquire it. He is fairly expensive, and even though I dont feel that the time you pay for general discussion with him is very useful (from my perspective, anyway), I do feel that his history of experience and his knowledge in prescribing the proper treatment and dosage outweighs the negative factors.

Nov 21st, 2012

Dr. Rudominer was great! he gave me an appointment the very next day! very caring And spends alot of time with his patients . he has helped me so much I can't thank him enough!

|  Helping hand  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2012

After being seen by many doctors with zero bed side manners, we bumped into dr Rudy. He showed to have great manners superior knowledge in lots of meds and being there when ever we need him. Great doctor and more so a superior human being.

Nov 7th, 2012

Dr. Rudy knows whats he is doing and knows about ADHD. I highly recommend this doctor.

|  perfect  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2012

hes a really good doctor he takes his time with me and really tries to understand me and my issues hes change me and my whole personality hes made my bad habits disapear and i thank you so much

|  Thank you for everything you've done  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2012

Dr. Howard S. Rudominer has empowered me, at 43, to take control of my mental health once and for all, and FINALLY make a breakthrough towards peace, health and happiness. Life is not a dress rehearsal, and it's never too early or too late! If you want a fighting chance to meet your God-given potential, you have a partner who is just a phone call away. Superb physician. DES

|  Dr. Rudominer  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2012

I am a recovering addict who can say with complete honesty that finding Dr. Rudominer was no accident! It was divine intervention. A man who truly cares, my bottom was hit and Dr. Rudy gave me hope. After only talking to him once on the telephone I felt better already! I highly recommend him for anyone with a substance abuse problem, in particular opiate addiction. He has over 30 years experience in addiction doctoring BUT he specializes in Child Psychology.

Oct 2nd, 2012

Dr. Rudominer has given me genuine hope for the first time in years after having suffered with treatment-resistant depression and anxiety. His diagnosis and treatment plan (i.e. combination of meds) -- after only three sessions so far -- have eased my symptoms to the point that I now look forward to getting up every morning and facing the world! Thank you Dr. Rudy. D.S.

|  Dr. Rudy is the Best!  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2012

I am no longer seeing Dr. Rudy, as I decided to go in-network due to financial issues, but I can honestly say that Dr. Rudy is the absolute best. He is far and away the most caring and involved psychiatrist that I know. If you or anyone that you know has a mental illness, Dr. Rudy is the one to go to. He put me on the right road and established the medications that I take. I am stable and thriving, thanks to Dr. Rudy. Thank you, Dr. Rudy!

Jul 13th, 2012

What can I say about Dr. Rudy other than he is the best. I have seen many doctors in my day but never one like he. Dr. Rudy truly cares about the well being of his patients. He wants his patients to be happy, enjoying their life to the fullest. It can't get better than that.Thanks for all you do!!!

|  Child Psychiatrist  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

I was able to speak with Dr. Rudominer as soon as I called. He called back in a timely manner. During our appointment with our teenage daughter he was very knowlegeable and compassionate.

|  Excellent Physician, best in the field!  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Rudominer for some time now. I put my life in his hands and he did not disappoint. His skills with pharmachology, approach and ability surpassed my very high expectations. He saved my life and I would recommend him to anyone who wants an excellent psychiatrist

|  Life Saver  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2012

Dr. Rudominer is extremely knowledgeable and experienced and is helping me now with psychosis. He was able to diagnose me and properly treat my symptoms. After one week my life was close to back to normal, and I now have the assurance that I need that everything will be the way it was soon. Highly recommend this doctor for anyone with depression, delusions, or any other related symptoms.

May 3rd, 2012

He seems to be a master of psychopharmacology. I haven't yet had much experience with him in therapy, but think he is probably quite competent. I did not rate him four stars because his voice and mannerisms could be a bit more soothing. I also think he brags too much about his expertise.

|  look no further dr rudominers an amazing caring doctor  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

i been goin to dr rudominer for 3 weeks and i never met someone so accurate and caring in the 3 times i been to him.plain and simple if u want a dr that knows his stuff especially opiate users look no further for a great dr.i been using opiates for 6 yrs and i never met a dr which i been to plenty that knows how to treat his patients with the right medications.thank you dr rudominer and look no further for a great dr.

Apr 9th, 2012

I feel very comfortable talking to him about how I am feeling. He is very observant about what I say and responds with insightful information. I was new to the area and I had a great relationship with the Dr I had seen in my former city. He has made the transition very easy.

Apr 4th, 2012

For the first time in years, we have a Dr. that is concerned and questioned past medical history. Dr. Rudominer actually takes the time and digests information.

|  Excellent!  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

Dr. Rudominer is an exceptional psychiatrist. Having seen multiple mental health professionals, I can honestly say that he is by far the best. He is always on time, he listens and he is not afraid to try new approaches when the situation warrants it. He is a fabulous physician and I recommend him highly and without reservation.

Feb 7th, 2012

My son goes to Dr. Rudominer for his attention issues. When I decided to deal with my own, I made an appt and discussed my own focus issues. The doctor took his time to evaluate what might work for me and I am happy to say that with a few adjustments of the medication, I am feeling better and less scattered than I have in years.

Jan 18th, 2012

A well versed doctor who knows the right methods to help his patients. He has worked with me to find what works best. I highly recommended this doctor.

|  Dr Rudominer diagnosed my daughters ADD spot on in college and she graduated ASU in 4 years  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2012

Dr Rudominer was recommended to us when my daughter was in college No need for expensive testing,through his questionnaire he diagnosed her with ADD Back at school and on medicine my daughter texted me thank you so much I can focus,not get distracted and study. She went from years of struggling and us battling to handling everything on her own. Now having graduated she got a job right away and is thriving there. Don't hesitate if you. Think yourself or your child may be. Pickup the phone. Life is difficult on its own to be struggling

Jan 11th, 2012

Dr. Rudominer was highly recommended to us. He exceeds the recommendation. Our 10 year old son was struggling in so many areas of his life and on all the wrong meds, It did not take the "doc" to long to figure out what my sons needs were. Life has changed beyond our expectations. We get to go to parties, out to eat, and vacation with a clear head. He is also doing so much better in school. It's funny, I decided to see Dr. Rudominer for some of my own issues. Miracles are happening for me also. My ADHD and yes I still have the 'H", was really hampering my abilities to enjoy life. Now I take medicine and feel a how lot better. Thanks Dr. Rudy for always being there.

|  He saved my life.  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2012

i have been a patient of Dr. Rudominer for several years. I first consulted him when I was suffering from chronic depression and claustrophobia. Both my parents had died suddenly and I was left to deal with the grief and confusion of two teenaged siblings. I sobbed every day for an entire year before I sought help. Dr. Rudominer was compassionate and caring. I underwent psychoanalysis and was able to confront many traumatic childhood experiences that no longer haunt me. I don't know what I would be like today if I had not found him. He saved my emotional and psychological life and possibly my physical life since I was having suicidal thoughts. I can not recommend him more highly.

Jan 4th, 2012

Dr. Rudominer helped me through one of the darkest times in my life. He supported me & did everything in his power to help me. He took my calls and texted me, day or night if I was having a problem. One time he actually took a call from me while he was at the U.S. Open. I can't stress the importance of having a doctor who actually KNOWS you & strives to get you to that place of well being. I give Dr. Rudominer my thumbs up!!

Nov 14th, 2011

I have seen Dr. Rudominer for the last two years as a psychopharmacologist. He is human, warm, with an excellent sense of humor. His patients love him. I have a bipolar disorder. We experimented in the beginning with medications. Now my medications are excellent. I haven't been happier in my life. I spent 15 years in analytic therapy with a psychoanalyst. Dr. Rudominer has psychoanalytic training. He sees some patients four times a week. I am going to begin to see him as a therapist. His psychoanalytic background is invaluable to me. Dr. Rudominer runs an online group of hundreds of psychopharmacologists so he is ahead of the curve. He is also an assistant professor of psychiatry at a good medical school. Being in academic medicine is very important. I was very lucky to get Dr. Rudominer and I can't recommend him highly enough.

|  Exceptional caring professional.  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2011

DR. Rudominer is without equivocation a concerned, compassionate, intelligent and caring physician in the truest sense of the word. He cares for his patients both physically and mentally, in other words, he treats the whole patient. He helped me through a very dark time in my life. With his guidance, patience and understanding I am well today. Thank you Dr. Rudy.

Nov 2nd, 2011

Dr. Rudominer is an excellent pharmacologist. Took time necessary to diagnose. Very Professional. I have seen 3 Psychiatrists in my life and none have compared to him. He was able to get a handle on depression. Assisted with working through life long issues. I dont get how others see him as full of himself. Once you get to spend time he is able to laugh at himself. He quite literally saved my life as I was reluctant to take anti depressants and he found a regime that didnt turn me into a zombie. I am in the field and know how some psychaitrists can be. He does not pull punches and tells one what we need to hear not what we want to hear which could turn people off who want to stay in their own comfort zone. Thus others who may see him as full of himself.

|  Satisfied  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2011

Dr. Rudominer has been helpful to me & I have seen improvement with the issues I brought to him. I am typically rushed through my appointment, and I don't always like that. He is costly, but helpful to this point for me. I would recommend him, clinically he does a good job.

Oct 19th, 2011

Very good diagnostician and pharmacologist. VERY full of himself and seems to be somewhat judgmental. You can't blame a guy for wanting to get paid what he feels he's worth, but getting paid seems to be top of mind for him.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your comments as to my ability as a diagnostician and psychopharmacologist. I am also a certified psychoanalyst and thus am able to provide the psychotherapy to my patients instead of sending them to a separate therapist. I am sorry you feel that "getting paid seems to be top of mind for (me)" After 40 years of full-time private practice, there is no way I would still be practicing if I didn't still love what I do and work as hard as I can to help resolve my patients' conflicts and psychiatric disorders as my top priority! I just received the 2012 national Patients' Satisfaction Award!

Oct 12th, 2011

Dr. Rudominer is a caring and extraordinarily competent doctor. After years of marginal social issues, migraines, OCD and performance anxiety, I turned to Dr. Rudominer. I needed to be my best having lost my job due to a merger and after many successful years as an executive. Dr. Rudy helped me overcome my anxiety, understand that there were others who faced similar obstacles and helped me improve my confidence and ultimately re-enter the job force. My life has turned around and I owe him a debt of gratitude.

|  Dr. Rudominer  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

Dr. Rudominer is a caring and knowledgeable doctor who has made a remarkable difference in my life. His treatment program for me has allowed me to feel great about myself and has given me the ability to lead a happy & healthy life!

|  Best physician ever  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

After struggling with bi-polar disorder and suicide attempts, my mother's psychiatrist recommended Dr. Rudominer. He basically saved my life, and also gave me a good QUALITY life. That is why he was the only psychiatrist I would trust to care for my daughter when she started having mental health problems. Thanks to Dr. R., she is back to back a happy, healthy, normal teenager. He is the only doctor I've ever had that really cares about me and my welfare, and dedicates an enormous amount of time to keeping me happy and healthy. We are very lucky to have him in our lives.

Sep 28th, 2011

Once again, Dr. Rudy showed what a wonderful doctor and caring person he is. He truly understands his patients and their family needs. Since seeing Dr. Rudy our family has unity. We understand our son's struggles. Glad to have him on our team.

|  excellent psychiatrist!  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2011

Very compassionate and caring. I knew from the first visit I had with Dr. Rudominer that he was the only one that could help me.

Aug 5th, 2011

i'm extremely thankful to have found Dr. Rudy. He cares very much about my well being and diagnoses properly. He's gone above and beyond with trying to diagnose exactly what I have, like having me take psychological tests, which led him to the correct diagnosis. He helps me understand my problems in a way that no psychologist or psychiatrist has ever done for me and is very patient. He's a very nice person and cares about each individual patient as much as possible. It is clear he enjoys his profession, which is shown in every patient's progession.

|  I'm so lucky to have found Dr. R!  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2011

After 20 years of bouncing from psychiatrist to psychiatrist due to poor care or I should say lack of actually caring I've finally hit the jackpot! Dr. Rudy has been such a Godsend to me & my kids. He's the first psychiatrist that has cared enough about me to diagnose me properly and treat me accordingly without judgement. I am very comfortable with him and he is a big part of my support system that is important for my future success at recovery and treatment. I appreciate all Dr. R. does and especially that he cares about me as his patient. It's a relief to finally have found someone who I can trust! Thank you for being such a wonderful person and doctor. :)

Jul 23rd, 2011

Our family is so thankful to Dr. Rudy. He was able to give our family normalcy. Our son is now on the correct medicine. He is learning and socially we are seeing tremendous improvement. For the first time we were able to have a play date with friends. It was a 7 1/2 hrs with no stucture and shadowing. My son just started seeing Dr Rudy alone. After his session he was totally different. He was happy and extremly confident. Dr Rudy is ALWAYS encouraging and empathetic.

|  Thank you Dr. Rudominer  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2011

Dr. Rudominer may have saved my daughters life. Unless you have gone through a crisis like I have with a child you cannot know the depth of gratitude I have for all he has done to help her. At the time of this crisis it was the weekend and I could not find anyone to help me. I was desperate. A friend recommended Dr. Rudominer, and even though I was not a present patient, he returned my call within minutes. The relief that just our conversation provided was profound. I knew she was in good hands and had hope for her recovery. I highly recommend him. He is dependable, caring, professional, and treats the whole child. He has helped my daughter blossom into a beautiful, strong, young woman. Each time I pray, I thank God for Dr. Rudominer and ask Him to continue to provide him with wisdom in treating my precious child.

|  Excellent Pharmacologist and empathetic  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2011

Quite simply Dr. Rudominer saved my life where others have failed. I was dependant on narcotic painkillers for many years. I was a mess and ready to die. Between he and his team I am thriving in my career and personal life. Free of drugs for nearly 4 years. The longest I have been in twenty years. Thank You form my life Dr. R

May 19th, 2011

I have seen other psychiatrist's in the past and was never fully satisfied. Dr. Rudominer helped me after the first visit and I felt very comfortable. I completely recommend him.

May 13th, 2011

Dr. Rudominer is very thorough. Importantly he treats the overall health of the patient, understanding the mind-body connection.

|  My Experience  |  show details
May 5th, 2011

Dr. Rudominer is very easy to talk to and understanding. He works with me every week to become a better and healthier person.

|  I finally found the BEST doctor!  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2011

Dr. Rudy is the best psychiatrist I've been to in my 20 years of mental health treatment. He is very "matter of fact" and he, unlike many other doctors, actually believe what you're telling him. He is a very good diagnostition, he makes sure to re-evaluate your diagnosis periodically so that you are getting the best treatment possible. He takes his job very seriously and cares a great deal about his patients. I have already referred 3 people to him and will continue to do so. He is very accomodating and understanding. Dr.R.is NOT your typical psyciatrist/doctor. You can text message him with any questions and you will recieve a reply within 20 minutes. If you have an emergency, he will always accomodate you. I haven't found a better psyciatrist yet & I don't plan on leaving him for anyone else. I would reccommend Dr. Howard Rudominer to my loved one's and friends. He's a doctor you can trust, and that's the most important thing.

Apr 5th, 2011

I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone, that is how much confidence I have in his abilities!

|  Helped Me Turn My Life Around  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2011

I am an adult who had clinical depression requiring hospitalization after an attempted suicide attempt.After I got out of the hospital, I started treatment with Dr. Rudominer. Dr. Rud is an excellent psychiatrist and I highly recommend him. He knows his meds and is very precise in using the latest medicine to treat psychiatric issues AND is extremely active in monitoring your reactions and experience to tweak the treatment to the patient. Although very busy, he is available to his patients and will get you in for treatment if necessary. I've had experiences with other psychiatrists and Dr. Rud is by far the best I've experienced. He may not appear to be the most caring, but he presents a sort of "tough love" in encouraging you to get your life together. Listen to his treatment recommendations, they're on target.He's also a huge Knicks fan, so if you run out things to talk about during treatment, you can always talk basketball.

|  Very thorough and conscientious  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2011

I am an adult with a significant case of ADD. It was creating problems at work and in my personal life. I had seen two previous doctors and had minimal success. Dr. Rudominer is very thorough. He had me go for a full blood workup, which neither of the previous physicians had. While there were no major underlying conditions, we addressed several others and it does seem to be working. He is also very conscientious. He calls or texts to follow up and is very concerned with how any prescription he issues may effect my overall health. He insists I monitor my blood pressure to be sure my stage 1 hypertension is staying controlled. In all, I would recommend Dr. Rudominer highly.

|  sucks  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2010

did not help at all!!!!!!!

Doctor's Response

I am sorry you feel this way, but it is difficult for me to comment on what may have happened, since i do not know who this is writing this comment. Unfortunately, every case can not work out optimally. I always feel badly when a patient or a parent feels that I was not helpful. I just received the 2012 National Patients' Satisfaction Award! There are many reasons that this may be the case, but I ALWAYS try my best to do a thorough evaluation and give respectful and detailed feedback. I have dedicated my 40 years of practice to helping patients with their sufferring and take each case very seriously.

|  First Rate  |  show details
by CTSSA on Aug 27th, 2010

I first consulted Dr. R. when both my parents died suddenly and I was left with the financial and emotional care of two siblings. I had just started a new job and I was extremely depressed. I cried every day for an entire year before I went to see him. I had also developed claustrophobia and began having panic attacks during which I thought I was suffocating to death. When I made my initial call he spoke to me with warmth and concern and I immediately felt I had found help. I underwent psychoanalysis during which I discussed my mother's attempts at suicide and a very difficult childhood. I had never spoken to anyone about this dark period of my life and I felt relieved. He was patient and kind and helped me get my life back together. I no longer suffer from claustrophobia nor do I get panic attacks. I have been able to put my past in perspective. Whenever I feel I need to speak to him he is available. In spite of the time that has past he remembers everything about me and is always engaged in helping me. I have never waited in his office for more than 5 minutes and then he has allowed the session to run 5 minutes over to compensate. He has always returned my calls in a timely fashion and will always make room in his busy schedule to see me if I wish to. I can not imagine what my life would be like without his sage counseling. Perhaps, like my mother, I would have been perpetually depressed. I am forever grateful to him.

Aug 3rd, 2010

Dr. Rudominer is an excellent doctor. He is a down to earth guy who goes out of his way to look out for his patients. He is not only a great listener, but is also always willing to take the time to explain and answer any and all questions. I wouldn't go to any other doctor!

Jul 19th, 2010

Overall, a good psychiatrist, albeit opinionated.

|  the worst  |  show details
by harry on Mar 10th, 2010

Dr Rudominer doe not communicate and has an extreme problem with his superiority complex. He must be stayed away from.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that this parent of my patient felt this way. Actually, if you read all my reviews, one will see that communication with patients is one of my strong points! I just received the 2012 National Patients' Satisfaction Award. There are times that parents do not want to hear the truth about their child's problem or the part they play in the problem. Unfortunately, that is what happened in this unusual case, which the parent interpreted as a "superiority complex!"