Dr. Howard Rudominer MD Patient Reviews

September 7th, 2014
best doctor ever
Dr. Rudominer is the best doctor that I have ever known. He has gone above and beyond for me many times. He has been my doctor going on four years now, and though I'm not always the best patient he has never given up on me. He very is understanding and compassionate. Dr. Rudominer is a warm and friendly person. His office is comfortable and inviting. He has saved my life so many times. Dr. Rudominer has given me a completely knew start at life. I would totally recommend Dr.Rudy to any person who is struggling in life or just need someone to listen to them. I owe him everything, thanks again Dr.Rudominer.

August 14th, 2014
Knowledgeable and trusting doctor
Dr. R is a very knowledgeable doctor in the field who genuinely cares about his patients. He was able to come to an accurate diagnosis promptly and made sure I let him know how I was doing while taking medication. He makes himself available via text and email and responds fast. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a trusting doctor of psychiatry.

June 11th, 2014
My review
I'm pleased with going to dr.rudominer and the results I've been getting. I am able to express myself and say anything and he doesn't judge or mock me. He listens and tells me why the things on my life are happening and I feel closure with it. Also, he is trained for both drug dependency and being an actual psychiatrist where I can deal with my problems.

June 2nd, 2014
Professional and knowledgeable
I would like to start off by saying that when it comes to picking doctors, I am incredibly selective. With that being said, I have been struggling with ADHD my entire life, which unfortunately went undiagnosed until very recently. Upon graduating college, I came to the conclusion that as a highly motivated individual, my inability to concentrate was more deep rooted than generic laziness. After a fairly decent amount of research, I decided to see Dr. Rudominer about my ADHD, which turned out to be a life changing decision. When I arrived at his home office, I was immediately greeted and felt very comfortable. Dr. Rudominer did a very thorough analysis of my background information, and within a short time period came to the conclusion of adult ADHD. His diagnosis couldn't have been more accurate, and the medication he gave me not only treated my symptoms, it nearly eliminated the restrictions ADHD imposed on my life. If ADHD is affecting your life whether it be socially or professionally, I highly recommend giving Dr. Rudominer a shot.

May 10th, 2014
Much more than just an RX writer
My child has been a patient of Dr. R's since early adolescence. The doctor has been an important stabilizing force in our lives, dealing with many life challenges as college, family crisis , to name just a couple. One of the things that I really appreciate is that he doesn't just prescribe meds and when he does prescribe he closely follows the patient's progress and will change or discontinue something if it isn't really helpful. I know some other kids that have been on the same Aderol seemingly forever. He also doesn't just nod & ask "how did that make your feel" we went to a couple of those...He really probes and will call my kid on it when he knows he's feeding him a line.

May 8th, 2014
Caring and compassionate.
I have been seeing Dr. Rudominer for about 6 years now. I was being treated for child abuse both physical and mental. I had a successful career and this surfaced after I had retired. We had many many conversations that were personally revealing emotionally. It was needed in order to heal. Dr. Rudominer listened intently and gave me the insight to focus on healing myself emotionally by embracing what had happened to me and putting it in the right perspective. Not only did Dr. Rudominer treat the emotional issues but he as a medical doctor also found imbalances in my blood work that were serious and they were resolved as well. It takes the time and trust to work through issues that have impacted one for years and Dr. Rudominer is an excellent guide. Many thanks to him for his patience and guidance. I am now on a maintenance program and am doing very well.

May 7th, 2014
The best psychologist in the tri-state area

May 6th, 2014
Cannot say enough good things
I don't often choose to recommend doctors as it is a reflection on myself as well as the person I recommend if the doctor is not everything a person hopes for,. However, this is one case where I feel 100% confident. I have been seeing Dr Rudi for a few years now and the treatment he has provided me is only matched by the empathy and compassion he has shown every time I see him. In addition, I feel secure in knowing Dr Rudi remains up to date on the latest knowledge and takes the time to continually keep himself abreast of any new developments in the field. I feel comfortable with him and have complete faith in his expertise. Anyone looking for a doctor can not go wrong by choosing Dr Rudi.

April 23rd, 2014
Lifeboat
He tends to waste a lot of session time -- texting and texting, going over his appointment book for the upcoming week with a bottle of white-out, lecturing unsolicited sales callers, investigating an odd barely perceptible sound coming from his printer -- while you pour out the first half of your childhood or fill in the blank. I found him to be OK; definitely dedicated to what he does when he isn't doing something else. I had trouble getting past the personality, but felt it better to have him in the lifeboat than not, provided rescue comes soon.
Doctor's Response

I am glad that he or she who wrote this review views me as dedicated. I have been in private practice for 41 years and can say I enjoy helping patients more than ever. I am very responsive and empathic to patents, but do sometimes have to answer texts if there is an emergency or an urgent call or text. My phone is always on vibrate. I always discuss it with my patients first and make sure they feel comfortable with it. It is apparent that this patient did not, but did not discuss his or her feelings about it with me. And yes if there are extraneous noises which I feel are disrupting the session, I will quickly try to make them stop if I can. I am glad that this patent recognizes that I am extremely careful not to make mistakes when writing down appointments in my appointment book. There is nothing worse than putting the wrong time or date down for a patient and having them come at the wrong time or day. As I said earlier, I listen very carefully to my patients and am very empathic. That is why I'm able to elicit information from their past that many patients have never told anyone else before. Although I am happy that this patient feels safe with me like I am in the "lifeboat" with him or her helping them from "drowning," it is not really possible or even helpful to always be in the "lifeboat" with my patents. However, I am always "nearby" to give them support even if it includes texting me in an emergency 24/7. The bottom line is that every treatment can not go as well as I would like and not every patient can form a solid therapeutic alliance with me. With 92 reviews if every review was wonderful, who would believe them? I have been honored with the 2013 Most Compassionate Doctor's Award as well as the 2012 and 2013 Patient's Choice Awards. I am also proud that I have also been listed as one of the best psychiatrists in the USA and Canada specializing in the treatment of people with Mood Disorders on a leading depression website.

April 18th, 2014
An expert NJ psychiatrist and psychopharmacologist
An expert NJ psychiatrist and psychopharmacologist. Successfully got my bipolar and ADD under control so I could work again and live my life again. Gets right to the heart of the problem and treats it quickly and aggressively with single meds or combinations that really work. Don’t waste your time with other psychiatrists who claim to know psychopharmacology (which is without question a big part of the solution), because it is a rare specialty that very few can do and do well. Dr. Rudy has been practicing for 40 + years, and it is obvious that he loves what he does. I just wish I had met him 40 years ago. Thank you for all you have done for me.

April 3rd, 2014
Helped me when my doctor passed away
Dr. R. took my case when my doctor died unexpectedly. I was so distraught and worried I would never find someone comparable, particulary with my peculiar drug regimen. I was glad when I called Dr. R. and he said he would see me right away. He straightened out my medications and is a genius with health insurance coverage. He is extremely detail oriented, informative, and instructive. I found I could relate to him on the first visit; he readily put me at ease. He has a great sense of humor and he appreciates mine as well. He is intelligent, caring and most compassionate. I carry great respect for him and hope to continue our doctor/patient relationship as long as possible.

March 7th, 2014
Compassionate and understanding.
I have been a patient of Dr. Rudominer's for a while now after suffering from depression. The depression is in remission and I have Dr. Rudominer to thank for his guidance through a very confusing time in my life. He is a kind, compassionate, and generous man.