Dr. Howard Rudominer MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Livingston, NJ

• Good
  • Bad

April 3rd, 2014
Helped me when my doctor passed away
Dr. R. took my case when my doctor died unexpectedly. I was so distraught and worried I would never find someone comparable, particulary with my peculiar drug regimen. I was glad when I called Dr. R. and he said he would see me right away. He straightened out my medications and is a genius with health insurance coverage. He is extremely detail oriented, informative, and instructive. I found I could relate to him on the first visit; he readily put me at ease. He has a great sense of humor and he appreciates mine as well. He is intelligent, caring and most compassionate. I carry great respect for him and hope to continue our doctor/patient relationship as long as possible.

March 7th, 2014
Compassionate and understanding.
I have been a patient of Dr. Rudominer's for a while now after suffering from depression. The depression is in remission and I have Dr. Rudominer to thank for his guidance through a very confusing time in my life. He is a kind, compassionate, and generous man.

February 25th, 2014
saved my husband
My hasband was suffering for years from depression and narcotic abuse. He has been clean and is back to himself thanks to Dr. Rudominers patience, pharmacology skills and compassion. When I first met him I was unsure since he is not very touchy feely. However he was and contiues to be very commited to my husbands care and success. We saw a number of doctors and all failed where Dr. R suceeded. Thank You from my daughter and our whole family for my hasband. He literally saved his life

February 21st, 2014
Road to recovery
My wife has been seeing different psychiatrists through the many years of her life. She has not found one that is willing to help the root of her problems, with ultimately failing my wife. Until now she is seeing dr. Rudominer and with much work to be done she is well on her way to a satisfying life and full recovery. Without Dr. Rudominer I am feared to say that I probably would not have my wife by my side as I write this review. So to all those skeptics out there hear my voice, wonderful person and great doctor thank you for helping my wife and family. Bless you :)

February 15th, 2014
Great Doctor
Dr. Rudominer is one of the most confident, caring & compassionate doctors I've ever met. He's guided me through making changes in my life that I was always too afraid to make. Thanks to him, I've become more confident and self aware. I can't imagine what my life would be like without him. Scheduling appointments is super easy. Dr. Rudominer has always made himself available whenever I really needed to see him. He truly cares about his patients.

February 3rd, 2014
Best Ever
I found Dr. Rudominer in the yellow pages and I decided to call because of his affiliation with NYU. From the first meeting I felt comfortable with his knowledge, approach and personality. He has a no-nonsense drive to get his patients to a better quality of life. He is also up on all medications for treatment. Because of Dr. Rudominer my depression, from which I have suffered all my adult life, is now under control. I would recommend him without hesitation to anyone who needs help.

January 31st, 2014
What is up with his narcissistic behaviors?
Dr. Rudominor may be great at working with medication and easy to contact, but his crazy ego obsession really makes me wonder about him. Who cares about his obsession with lining his walls with photos of himself with sports stars and actors and mentioning them and his accomplishments as often as possible Seems like it says a lot about part of him and that is not normal. And why are some people graving to pay thousands of dollars to be treated by him for 7-10 years? Crazy he charges hundreds of dollars paid in cash per session. How much does one person need to earn? Makes quite a statement and their are lots of docs with high patient ratings who are less greedy and charge normal amounts especially when they do not accept any insurance. Get a hold of your ego. That is not compassionate.
Doctor's Response

This does not seem to be a patient of mine. First, he has spelled my name wrong. Any patient of mine knows how to spell my name correctly. This is not a typo. Second his poor grammar implies even further that this is a bogus review! Third I have been in practice for 40 years dedicated to ALL my patients, and I am passionate about healing them getting them better and symptom free. I never give up in my quest to help patients and always strive to give patients hope! And his or her's use of the word "graving" is a strange and innapropriate usage. My patients' usually terminate psychotherapy and/or medication management in much fewer than 7-10 years. That just seems to be a made up number by this person. He also implies that I am not compassionate, yet I have been honored with the 2013 Most Compassionate Doctor's Award as well as the 2012 and 2013 Patient's Choice Awards. Among the nation's 870,000 active physicians and dentists, just five percent qualify for the awards, based on patient feedback. Doctors are rated on-line by patients on various components of care, including accuracy of diagnoses, the amount of time spent with the doctor, and the doctor's bedside manner and follow-up care.

January 29th, 2014
A Helping Hand
Writing this review brings back the memories of all the reasons as to why I needed Dr. Rudominer's help in the first place. Those long nights hoping to overcome what was severely affecting my life but to no avail. I found Dr. Rudominer with the help of google and read through as many of the countless reviews that i could possible find. After reading 4 start review after 4 star review I actually became skeptical, I remember thinking to myself how someone could really be that good. Well fast-forword a couple months later and I'm a believer. My life has done a 360 ever since i met Dr. Rudominer and the speed at which my life has changed is a direct result of how good he really is. Personally, I think what makes him such a great Dr is his ability to connect with his patients mainly because he actually cares about his patients. Its not just once or twice a week in an office, he finds the time to call or text if need be, and if one cannot make it to the office he will even use Skype. I guess what I'm trying to say is he will go above and beyond and then some for his patients and thats what makes him great.

January 27th, 2014
Four stars all around
I've had my fair share of doctor "horror" stories, so when I went looking for a psychiatrist I did so with a great deal of skepticism. I assumed I'd either find a horrible doctor with excellent availability, or an amazing doctor who couldn't see me for six months. Suffice to say, I got lucky. Dr Rudominer responded to my initial email within 24 hours and I had an appointment for a few days later. I've been seeing him for a few months now, and it's been a "four star experience.." He returns phone calls and texts, has a flexible schedule, doesn't rush me and hasn't fired me the few times I've missed appointments ;) When I walk into his office it's like exhaling a giant breath and I really love going -- not sure many people can say that about their doctors.

January 16th, 2014
Changing Lives
If you are here reading this now because you are looking for a new therapist, or your first. That Dr. Rudominer is in the business of finding practical and lasting solutions for his patients. Each therapy has its unique challenges and issues which are myriad and complex, many of which have been detailed in the preceding reviews. But the common thread throughout these reviews is expressly stated verbatim by patients in the following words, over and over -- "He changed my life." If you are looking for a therapist who sits back, takes copious notes, and throws the occasional pearl your way this doctor is probably not for you. But if you are looking for a psychiatrist who takes a proactive and "hands on" approach to helping patients solve problems, improve outcomes, and often (from reading these reviews) change lives, then this doctor may be for you. No therapy is perfect, nor is this doctor. That he does not hide but rather makes patients aware of his accomplishments and skills (referred elsewhere here as "ego") has never bothered me. It's information I would rather have than not, and it didn't take long in my therapy to appreciate his sense of humor, which can be quite self deprecating. You will disagree with Dr. Rudominer at times, he will get on your nerves at times, but he gets results, and he often changes lives.

January 5th, 2014
Am I the only one who sees how transparent these reviews are?
This guy clearly asks his patients to do this which in my opinion is a tad bush league. I've seen this man for a while I can say this, he cares about one thing and one thing only- MONEY. Let's think about this logically, why would he pay huge sums of money to flood internet search engines so that his name pops up first when searching for psychiatrists in this area? Then, once the unsuspecting person checks his ratings that to me seem inflated and voila, another customer. He hired med practitioners who can prescribe for him as well. His thought here is to offload those that can't afford him to these ppl and then he can still line his pockets. Quite the business model. Efficiencies of scale.
Doctor's Response

I believe the way this review has been written and the language used by this person that this is not or has never been an actual patient of mine. It is unclear why he or she chose to write this bogus negative review on me. My patients never refer to me as "this guy" or themselves as customers! I have over 60 favorable reviews on Vitals from patients who know how dedicated I am to give them the highest respect and quality of care. I have also been honored by receiving both the 2012 and 2013 Most Compassionate Doctor's and Patients' Satisfaction Awards. Among the nation's 870,000 active physicians and dentists, just five percent qualify for these awards based on patient feedback

December 12th, 2013
He has made a big difference in my life.