Dr. Howard Rudominer MD Patient Reviews

February 25th, 2014
saved my husband
My hasband was suffering for years from depression and narcotic abuse. He has been clean and is back to himself thanks to Dr. Rudominers patience, pharmacology skills and compassion. When I first met him I was unsure since he is not very touchy feely. However he was and contiues to be very commited to my husbands care and success. We saw a number of doctors and all failed where Dr. R suceeded. Thank You from my daughter and our whole family for my hasband. He literally saved his life

February 20th, 2014
Road to recovery
My wife has been seeing different psychiatrists through the many years of her life. She has not found one that is willing to help the root of her problems, with ultimately failing my wife. Until now she is seeing dr. Rudominer and with much work to be done she is well on her way to a satisfying life and full recovery. Without Dr. Rudominer I am feared to say that I probably would not have my wife by my side as I write this review. So to all those skeptics out there hear my voice, wonderful person and great doctor thank you for helping my wife and family. Bless you :)

February 15th, 2014
Great Doctor
Dr. Rudominer is one of the most confident, caring & compassionate doctors I've ever met. He's guided me through making changes in my life that I was always too afraid to make. Thanks to him, I've become more confident and self aware. I can't imagine what my life would be like without him. Scheduling appointments is super easy. Dr. Rudominer has always made himself available whenever I really needed to see him. He truly cares about his patients.

February 3rd, 2014
Best Ever
I found Dr. Rudominer in the yellow pages and I decided to call because of his affiliation with NYU. From the first meeting I felt comfortable with his knowledge, approach and personality. He has a no-nonsense drive to get his patients to a better quality of life. He is also up on all medications for treatment. Because of Dr. Rudominer my depression, from which I have suffered all my adult life, is now under control. I would recommend him without hesitation to anyone who needs help.

January 30th, 2014
What is up with his narcissistic behaviors?
Dr. Rudominor may be great at working with medication and easy to contact, but his crazy ego obsession really makes me wonder about him. Who cares about his obsession with lining his walls with photos of himself with sports stars and actors and mentioning them and his accomplishments as often as possible Seems like it says a lot about part of him and that is not normal. And why are some people graving to pay thousands of dollars to be treated by him for 7-10 years? Crazy he charges hundreds of dollars paid in cash per session. How much does one person need to earn? Makes quite a statement and their are lots of docs with high patient ratings who are less greedy and charge normal amounts especially when they do not accept any insurance. Get a hold of your ego. That is not compassionate.
Doctor's Response

This does not seem to be a patient of mine. First, he has spelled my name wrong. Any patient of mine knows how to spell my name correctly. This is not a typo. Second his poor grammar implies even further that this is a bogus review! Third I have been in practice for 40 years dedicated to ALL my patients, and I am passionate about healing them getting them better and symptom free. I never give up in my quest to help patients and always strive to give patients hope! And his or her's use of the word "graving" is a strange and innapropriate usage. My patients' usually terminate psychotherapy and/or medication management in much fewer than 7-10 years. That just seems to be a made up number by this person. He also implies that I am not compassionate, yet I have been honored with the 2013 Most Compassionate Doctor's Award as well as the 2012 and 2013 Patient's Choice Awards. Among the nation's 870,000 active physicians and dentists, just five percent qualify for the awards, based on patient feedback. Doctors are rated on-line by patients on various components of care, including accuracy of diagnoses, the amount of time spent with the doctor, and the doctor's bedside manner and follow-up care.

January 29th, 2014
A Helping Hand
Writing this review brings back the memories of all the reasons as to why I needed Dr. Rudominer's help in the first place. Those long nights hoping to overcome what was severely affecting my life but to no avail. I found Dr. Rudominer with the help of google and read through as many of the countless reviews that i could possible find. After reading 4 start review after 4 star review I actually became skeptical, I remember thinking to myself how someone could really be that good. Well fast-forword a couple months later and I'm a believer. My life has done a 360 ever since i met Dr. Rudominer and the speed at which my life has changed is a direct result of how good he really is. Personally, I think what makes him such a great Dr is his ability to connect with his patients mainly because he actually cares about his patients. Its not just once or twice a week in an office, he finds the time to call or text if need be, and if one cannot make it to the office he will even use Skype. I guess what I'm trying to say is he will go above and beyond and then some for his patients and thats what makes him great.

January 27th, 2014
Four stars all around
I've had my fair share of doctor "horror" stories, so when I went looking for a psychiatrist I did so with a great deal of skepticism. I assumed I'd either find a horrible doctor with excellent availability, or an amazing doctor who couldn't see me for six months. Suffice to say, I got lucky. Dr Rudominer responded to my initial email within 24 hours and I had an appointment for a few days later. I've been seeing him for a few months now, and it's been a "four star experience.." He returns phone calls and texts, has a flexible schedule, doesn't rush me and hasn't fired me the few times I've missed appointments ;) When I walk into his office it's like exhaling a giant breath and I really love going -- not sure many people can say that about their doctors.

January 15th, 2014
Changing Lives
If you are here reading this now because you are looking for a new therapist, or your first. That Dr. Rudominer is in the business of finding practical and lasting solutions for his patients. Each therapy has its unique challenges and issues which are myriad and complex, many of which have been detailed in the preceding reviews. But the common thread throughout these reviews is expressly stated verbatim by patients in the following words, over and over -- "He changed my life." If you are looking for a therapist who sits back, takes copious notes, and throws the occasional pearl your way this doctor is probably not for you. But if you are looking for a psychiatrist who takes a proactive and "hands on" approach to helping patients solve problems, improve outcomes, and often (from reading these reviews) change lives, then this doctor may be for you. No therapy is perfect, nor is this doctor. That he does not hide but rather makes patients aware of his accomplishments and skills (referred elsewhere here as "ego") has never bothered me. It's information I would rather have than not, and it didn't take long in my therapy to appreciate his sense of humor, which can be quite self deprecating. You will disagree with Dr. Rudominer at times, he will get on your nerves at times, but he gets results, and he often changes lives.

January 5th, 2014
Am I the only one who sees how transparent these reviews are?
This guy clearly asks his patients to do this which in my opinion is a tad bush league. I've seen this man for a while I can say this, he cares about one thing and one thing only- MONEY. Let's think about this logically, why would he pay huge sums of money to flood internet search engines so that his name pops up first when searching for psychiatrists in this area? Then, once the unsuspecting person checks his ratings that to me seem inflated and voila, another customer. He hired med practitioners who can prescribe for him as well. His thought here is to offload those that can't afford him to these ppl and then he can still line his pockets. Quite the business model. Efficiencies of scale.
Doctor's Response

I believe the way this review has been written and the language used by this person that this is not or has never been an actual patient of mine. It is unclear why he or she chose to write this bogus negative review on me. My patients never refer to me as "this guy" or themselves as customers! I have over 60 favorable reviews on Vitals from patients who know how dedicated I am to give them the highest respect and quality of care. I have also been honored by receiving both the 2012 and 2013 Most Compassionate Doctor's and Patients' Satisfaction Awards. Among the nation's 870,000 active physicians and dentists, just five percent qualify for these awards based on patient feedback

December 12th, 2013
He has made a big difference in my life.

December 12th, 2013
best choice i have really ever made
I have been a pt of Dr. Rudominer for close to 7 years. He alone has changed my life for the better in so many ways, for example when i first started to see him i was in destress. i reallly needed to be helped. He took great egergency to making an appt for me the very next day, witch from there saved my life. I was treated with respect and listened to with great concern that iv never seen from a doctor before. to care about all my problems and really zero in on what was my problem. My job hours are also very demanding . and forever changing witch Dr. Rudominer always would work with me and always return my call weather it would be really early or really late i have always had the comfort knowing that i had him in my corner always caring and helping me to do better and really deal with my problems. what other doctors missed he picked up. for example i have always had a very hard time contrating at work ,when i was in school, and just day to day life. He diginosed me with ADHD when others my whole life had missed that. that alone was a life changer. For i found myself with the ability to constrate at work and make better choices in life. because of him i am leading a happy life with the intencions on getting ingaged to a wonderfull girl who if i was never treated corectly and contuied down the path i was going i never would have met the love of my life. I look foward to contuing seeing Dr Rudiminer . Knowing i have a Great Doctor who really cares about me and my life is very satisfing and very greatfull to have him.

December 6th, 2013
excellent psychiatrist
I am 6 year patient of Dr. Rudy. He saved my life and I thank him for that. Excellent pharmacologist and compassionate as well. I have seen some reviews say he is standoffish or full of himself. This is easy to break through. He knows his stuff and keeps current on meds treatment modalities. I can only say that being in the field he is as good as any psych i have visited and there have been many.