Dr. Howard Rudominer MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 2nd, 2011
Excellent Pharmacologist and empathetic
Quite simply Dr. Rudominer saved my life where others have failed. I was dependant on narcotic painkillers for many years. I was a mess and ready to die. Between he and his team I am thriving in my career and personal life. Free of drugs for nearly 4 years. The longest I have been in twenty years. Thank You form my life Dr. R

May 19th, 2011
I have seen other psychiatrist's in the past and was never fully satisfied. Dr. Rudominer helped me after the first visit and I felt very comfortable. I completely recommend him.

May 13th, 2011
Dr. Rudominer is very thorough. Importantly he treats the overall health of the patient, understanding the mind-body connection.

May 5th, 2011
My Experience
Dr. Rudominer is very easy to talk to and understanding. He works with me every week to become a better and healthier person.

April 22nd, 2011
I finally found the BEST doctor!
Dr. Rudy is the best psychiatrist I've been to in my 20 years of mental health treatment. He is very "matter of fact" and he, unlike many other doctors, actually believe what you're telling him. He is a very good diagnostition, he makes sure to re-evaluate your diagnosis periodically so that you are getting the best treatment possible. He takes his job very seriously and cares a great deal about his patients. I have already referred 3 people to him and will continue to do so. He is very accomodating and understanding. Dr.R.is NOT your typical psyciatrist/doctor. You can text message him with any questions and you will recieve a reply within 20 minutes. If you have an emergency, he will always accomodate you. I haven't found a better psyciatrist yet & I don't plan on leaving him for anyone else. I would reccommend Dr. Howard Rudominer to my loved one's and friends. He's a doctor you can trust, and that's the most important thing.

April 5th, 2011
Excellent Doctor
I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone, that is how much confidence I have in his abilities!

March 23rd, 2011
Helped Me Turn My Life Around
I am an adult who had clinical depression requiring hospitalization after an attempted suicide attempt.After I got out of the hospital, I started treatment with Dr. Rudominer. Dr. Rud is an excellent psychiatrist and I highly recommend him. He knows his meds and is very precise in using the latest medicine to treat psychiatric issues AND is extremely active in monitoring your reactions and experience to tweak the treatment to the patient. Although very busy, he is available to his patients and will get you in for treatment if necessary. I've had experiences with other psychiatrists and Dr. Rud is by far the best I've experienced. He may not appear to be the most caring, but he presents a sort of "tough love" in encouraging you to get your life together. Listen to his treatment recommendations, they're on target.He's also a huge Knicks fan, so if you run out things to talk about during treatment, you can always talk basketball.

February 13th, 2011
Very thorough and conscientious
I am an adult with a significant case of ADD. It was creating problems at work and in my personal life. I had seen two previous doctors and had minimal success. Dr. Rudominer is very thorough. He had me go for a full blood workup, which neither of the previous physicians had. While there were no major underlying conditions, we addressed several others and it does seem to be working. He is also very conscientious. He calls or texts to follow up and is very concerned with how any prescription he issues may effect my overall health. He insists I monitor my blood pressure to be sure my stage 1 hypertension is staying controlled. In all, I would recommend Dr. Rudominer highly.

December 15th, 2010
sucks
did not help at all!!!!!!!
Doctor's Response

I am sorry you feel this way, but it is difficult for me to comment on what may have happened, since i do not know who this is writing this comment. Unfortunately, every case can not work out optimally. I always feel badly when a patient or a parent feels that I was not helpful. I just received the 2012 National Patients' Satisfaction Award! There are many reasons that this may be the case, but I ALWAYS try my best to do a thorough evaluation and give respectful and detailed feedback. I have dedicated my 40 years of practice to helping patients with their sufferring and take each case very seriously.

August 27th, 2010
First Rate
I first consulted Dr. R. when both my parents died suddenly and I was left with the financial and emotional care of two siblings. I had just started a new job and I was extremely depressed. I cried every day for an entire year before I went to see him. I had also developed claustrophobia and began having panic attacks during which I thought I was suffocating to death. When I made my initial call he spoke to me with warmth and concern and I immediately felt I had found help. I underwent psychoanalysis during which I discussed my mother's attempts at suicide and a very difficult childhood. I had never spoken to anyone about this dark period of my life and I felt relieved. He was patient and kind and helped me get my life back together. I no longer suffer from claustrophobia nor do I get panic attacks. I have been able to put my past in perspective. Whenever I feel I need to speak to him he is available. In spite of the time that has past he remembers everything about me and is always engaged in helping me. I have never waited in his office for more than 5 minutes and then he has allowed the session to run 5 minutes over to compensate. He has always returned my calls in a timely fashion and will always make room in his busy schedule to see me if I wish to. I can not imagine what my life would be like without his sage counseling. Perhaps, like my mother, I would have been perpetually depressed. I am forever grateful to him.

August 3rd, 2010
Dr. Rudominer is an excellent doctor. He is a down to earth guy who goes out of his way to look out for his patients. He is not only a great listener, but is also always willing to take the time to explain and answer any and all questions. I wouldn't go to any other doctor!

July 20th, 2010
Overall, a good psychiatrist, albeit opinionated.