A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Rutman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Rutman, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Rutman graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Rutman has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Mt Sinai Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rutman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- WellCare - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 7 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 10 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Howard I. Rutman practice?
Dr. Howard Rutman practices Cardiovascular Disease near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Bronx, NY and Hawthorne, NY.
See New York Cardiologists.