Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

I was BUTCHERED show details I was BUTCHERED
by K Copeland on Jun 1st, 2015

I was told and confirmed by Dr. Caplan I would have two scars on the right and left side if my neck to remove tissue. I WAS BUTCHERED , yes I had two scars on the right and left side. However I also had the tisssue that was suppose to be removed, I BEEN DEFORMED ever since. Thanks Dr. Caplan

Howard Caplan is the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Philadelphia & Suburb Areas show details Howard Caplan is the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Philadelphia & Suburb Areas
by Gail W. on Mar 31st, 2015

Dr. Howard Caplan has always been direct (which not everyone likes to hear) with procedures that I do not need. He is very thorough and knowledgeable in his field and I highly recommend him. Been seeing him for many years for procedures and more than once, he has told me I do not need it. I trust him implicitly.

Thank you Dr. Caplan! show details Thank you Dr. Caplan!
Jun 20th, 2012

I am a former patient of Dr. Caplan's & hope to become again one of his present patients. Due to us relocating I had to find another Dr. We are now presently in the Exton area. My first visit, many years ago, with Dr. Caplan was to help me with a major scar due to the removal of a maglinant melonma from a previous Dr., it looked like someone branded me. Dr. Caplan resized it so that I could feel, look & dress like a woman again. 5 yrs later I had to have a partial mastectomy & my chest wall reconstructed. He again performed what I call "his magic". I can not say enough about him. He is kind, considerate, & professional! Thank you Dr. C!

Dr. Howard Caplan is HONEST show details Dr. Howard Caplan is HONEST
Jan 10th, 2012

Dr. Caplan is not only an excellent cosmetic surgeon current on all of the latest procedures and options available to his patients, but he is honest. After seeing many other cosmetic surgeons who suggested extensive work I had not ever considered or knew I had a problem area, Dr. Caplan did NOT suggest those procedures, and quite the contrary, insisted I was not ready OR "if you have some money to make you feel good but won't last" then I'll do it. He is to the point and answers direct questions. I would trust his input 100%. Many people may see a cosmetic surgeon with unrealistic expectations; he wants to avoid that. Having had a recent procedure on nasal-labial folds with injections, he saw me 3 weeks later and then said he thinks I needed a little more on one side, which would be at his expense because he should have added more to make both sides even. I didn't even notice the difference. This is, again, what I mean about his integrity and honesty.

Fine Doctor and Surgeon show details Fine Doctor and Surgeon
Dec 22nd, 2010

Dr. Caplan is a fine doctor and surgeon. I've just looked up some information on aboardcertifiedplasticsurgeon.com, and Dr. Caplan has all the qualities that this website highlights as important for a good plastic surgeon: he has sound medical judgement, technical expertise, a good sense of body aesthetics, and he works to develop a strong patient-surgeon rapport.