Dr. Howard Shackelford Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

July 29th, 2016
I trust him with my life I have seen his work since 1980 he is the best

June 30th, 2016
This man saved my husbands life with emergency surgery. He explained everything to me in precise detail after the surgery and the follow up with my husband

December 28th, 2015
Thank you for giving me the best Christmas Blessing I could ever hope for. You saved my son s life. Thank You from the bottom of my heart. Bless You and your family.

July 7th, 2015
Dr. Shackleford is a wonderful Christian man who is very humble concerning his abilities. There is no other surgeon I would want working on me. Can't express how much confidence I have in this doctor and how much I admire him.

January 24th, 2011
Saved my dad's life
in may of 2010 my dad needed a 5 vessel coronary artery bypass graft. he was diagnosed as needing this at a local hospital that dr shack does not come to. i am a registered nurse and having seen his remarkable work in the hospital that i work in, i only wanted him to operate and manage my father's care. i called his office and told them who i was and what was going on. they called him @ home(he was not on call by the way) and he called me back in less than 5 minutes. i gave him updates and he told me to get my dad to wheeling medical park hospital as soon as possible and he would take care of the rest. once there dr shackelford came to see my dad. my dad said i really dont understand all of this but i am scared. dr then asked him what he liked. my dad told him sports but mainly football. they sat and talked about football for 20 plus minutes and then dr explained the procedure using football terms and analogies so not to speak over my dad's head. during the surgery he had a nurse call out to us multiple times to update my family. today my father is alive and well. working just like he loves to do and is in the best shape of his life. working at another hospital that dr shackelford is afiliated, when he rounds, he asks me how my dad is doing. i have never in my years of nursing known a better surgeon. his physician assistants are all very intelligent, caring and compassionate. if you live in the ohio valley and a loved one of yours needs surgery, i would recomend dr shackelford to you. after all, don't you and your loved ones deserve the best?

December 16th, 2010
Doctor Shackelford and all Staff,
You made me laugh before surgery. This helped so much. PAM in the hospital made my tearful day easier to deal with. She found a common interest of our dogs and my day turned out so much better. The hospital staff are top notch for a big baby like myself.I just lost my job after surgery. Hope your understanding in my attempts to pay the bill that I am scared to receive from you.Your PA's are the best. Smart women. I like to see this. It's obvious that you treat them with great respect. So many community members told me ahead of time that if I wanted the best surgeon then (Shack) is the man. Thank you and the Lord for your skill, funny manner and ability to find just the perfect group of individuals to assist you in your work. Praises and Praises send to you.

April 22nd, 2017