A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Sherman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Howard Sherman is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Sherman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Biliary Tract Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Sherman graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Sherman has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division
- Montefiore Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sherman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Healthfirst - 10 plans