Dr. Howard Silberstein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 26th, 2016
Dr. Silberstein is the total package: Brilliant, talented, and caring. He's an excellent neurosurgeon; he listens carefully to you, and he is surprisingly humble. He released my son's tethered spinal cord (when my son was 11 years old), and later, he did laminoplasty to relieve cervical spinal stenosis when I was diagnosed with myelopathy. We had two excellent outcomes. We are so grateful to Dr. Silberstein, and we absolutely love him.

October 25th, 2014
Would not recommend
Waited weeks for an appt. then put on cancellation list. Our PCP referred to him, would not go back or recommend. He was short, rude to parents and was in with us for 2 minutes. Walked out of there with no more information than we had going in. finding a Dr. who will listen and speak to us like we matter.

April 18th, 2014
Frustration with timeliness of phone response
Dr. Silberstein was great and the surgery was fine. 7 years later I am pregnant and am having trouble with pain I believe is caused by my medical condition. The secretary does not reply in a timely manner, and never completely satisfies my reasons for calling. I have to wait full weeks at a time for responding calls and if I need further information I am told I'll get a call by Monday or Tuesday the following week and I don't get one until Friday.

December 9th, 2013
excellent surgeon
Dr Silberstein is a terrific no-nonsense doctor. No unneeded follow up appts. He is caring and concise. I have had two surgeries done by him and both were very successful. I highly recommend Dr Silberstein.