A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Spiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Spiro
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Spiro Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Spiro, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 24 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Colonic Diseases
- Crohn's Disease
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Intestinal Diseases
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Spiro graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Spiro has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Milford Hospital, Inc
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Howard Marget Spiro MD is a male Internist and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Howard M. Spiro practice?
- Dr. Howard Spiro has 3 office locations.
Dr. Howard Spiro practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near New Haven, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Guilford, CT and Milford, CT.
See New Haven Internists and New Haven Gastroenterologists.