A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Spiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Spiro
Colonoscopy Patient Education Guide Read all about colonoscopy examinations and tests with Vitals colonoscopy patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Spiro Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Spiro, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 24 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Colonic Diseases
- Crohn's Disease
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Intestinal Diseases
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Spiro graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Spiro has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Milford Hospital, Inc
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Howard Marget Spiro MD is a male Internist and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Howard M. Spiro practice?
- Dr. Howard Spiro has 3 office locations.
Dr. Howard Spiro practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near New Haven, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Guilford, CT and Milford, CT.
See New Haven Internists and New Haven Gastroenterologists.