A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Trachtman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Howard Trachtman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Trachtman, MD is board certified in Pediatric Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hemolytic-Uremic Syndrome
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Failure (Chronic)
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Water-Electrolyte Imbalance
Education & Awards
Dr. Trachtman graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Trachtman has 18 hospital affiliations:
- NYU Hospitals Center
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Trachtman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Health Plus - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Howard D. Trachtman practice?
Dr. Howard Trachtman practices Pediatric Nephrology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New Hyde Park, NY and Brooklyn, NY.
See New York Nephrologists.