inactive

Howard Weiner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

November 4th, 2016
Dr. Weiner is THE WORST!!! See someone else!!!
Horrible follow through with requests, constantly cancels appointments and is late or absent for sessions (without prior notification; often with notifying of schedule change only minutes prior to sessions), difficult to renew RXs, unsavory practice of 'double billing' insurance companies for misc. 'medical reviews & medication refills' (charges a fee for writing RX refills & NEVER knows which RXs he provides, forcing patient to inform him about which medications are RX'ed & when to refill. He will inconvenience patients by asking them to email him with the RX refill & not follow through with request or take weeks to follow through causing patient to run out of medications), careless with patient privacy (such as sending a list of all his patient's personal info when sending 'policy updates'), constantly shortened session times. Dr. Weiner barely pays attention to patient while in session; takes phone calls, responds to emails & other personal business while in session with patients or leave the room to attend to personal business without compensating for lost session time. LONG wait times prior to sessions; doctor frequently will go overtime with a previous patient and then does not adjust next patient's session time accordingly-- poor time management and extremely poor 'customer service'. Difficult to work with in regards to everything. Rude, obnoxious, combative, uninterested in the way he approaches people. I can go on and on... besides the fact that he will work with a patient for 2 years until he becomes bored or uninterested with the patient. Especially difficult to deal with if he thinks you're smarter than him; he becomes frustrated if challenged with anything. Classic textbook narcissist! A complete failure and disappointment of a doctor! I'd give him 'zero' stars if the option was available. I wasted my time and money with this doctor!!!

June 28th, 2016
Dr. Weiner has been a lifesaver for me. His caring and concern about my condition go above and beyond expectations and when I have been unable to advocate for myself, his communication with my family members has always been very much appreciated. He is able to convey a caring and interested attitude while remaining very professional, competent and involved.

May 16th, 2016
Highly satisfied patient.
Dr Weiner is a gifted psychiatrist with a very clear direct method of communicating his diagnosis and proposed treatment plan .Dr Weiner has a very busy practice, yet he made time to see me when I had an unexpected issue. His office manager Carol is very responsive. He is an exceptional family therapy facilitator, an experienced diagnostician,in addition to possessing a preternatural ability to identify and simplify core issues that hide within complex behavioral and emotional problems. Recommend highly.

December 10th, 2015
Top notch psychiatrist
Dr. Weiner is extremely intelligent and strikes me as being well-versed with respect to the latest medical research. His style is straight-forward/frank so he may not be the right guy if you're looking for "warm & fuzzy" Our son had mood swings including depression and had seen numerous other docs. Weiner accurately identified his condition as being bipolar for which he received the proper treatment. We will always be indebted to Dr. Weiner as a result.

October 19th, 2015
He tried to cover up a bad reaction to ECT where I had trouble breathing, enough said on his quality of care.

January 29th, 2014
My son has been seeing Dr.Weiner for over a year, he started him with the wrong dose of medication. Dr. Weiner sometimes doesn’t even see my son in the office and just hands him his script in the lobby. We have waited over an hour for the doctor to see my son, on one occasion Chinese food was delivered during our appointment. At one appointment that I went into the room with my son, Doctor Weiner never looked up from his computer while answering questions. W. I would not recommend Dr.Weiner, please do your research to find a doctor that is helpful and has bed side manners

December 19th, 2013
Very Helpful
I have been a patient of Dr Weiner's for about a year. Although I find therapy very difficult, Dr Weiner has been very helpful. He has prescribed anti depressants that have improved my life drastically. I also find him very easy to talk to, and that's saying a lot coming from me!

August 20th, 2013
repeatedly fell asleep
i saw dr. weiner back in 1998-2001 while I was an undergrad at UofM. diagnosis was PTSD owing to an abusive family history. he was never outwardly rude but his bedside could use more than a little work. several times he fell asleep during our sessions. later I had much more attentive, caring therapists and i realized dr. weiner (my first encounter with mental health professionals) was a lousy one.

July 3rd, 2013
I saw Dr. Weiner in his private practice many years before he started practicing in CT, or at The Waynik Group, but I feel the need to comment here as well. My experience was generally negative. I had problems with him not showing up for scheduled appointments or cancelling frequently. If I needed to call he often did not return calls or acted irritated about having to call back. He gave little to no feedback or input, and half the time I didn't know if I was making progress or just paying money to have someone sit there and listen to me talk. Any time I was uncomfortable with things he suggested he would get confrontational and suggest that I did not want his help. If you want an actual therapeutic relationship, or a doctor patient relationship where you get to have input, I suggest you look elsewhere. I did not feel respected or validated.

June 5th, 2013
This was the worst professional experience I have ever had. He was rude, indifferent, callous, showed absolutely no humaity or common courtesy. Doesn't even know the importance of introduction, greeting and similar respectful behavior. Unfortunately this appointment for my daughter was her first experience with a mental health MD and she was traumatized by it. After my daughter fled from his office in tears I asked him - do you know what you have done? and he answered me - no - I dont know her and i dont know you. Wow! This is the first time I have EVER taken to the internet to express my opinion about a doctor - because that's how horrible this experience was.

April 2nd, 2013
I only have had one appt with this MD but so far so good. Could be more "personable" and def more timely but it was worth the wait and he made me feel positive about his take on my situation and meds and even recommended a therapist for me to contact and it was someone outside his group so that made me feel he made an honest recommendation.

January 23rd, 2013
The Dr. had absolutely no bedside manners, barely asked any questions, and was quick to give a script. Awful psychiatrist.