Family Practitioner, General Practitioner
Video profile
3109 E Shadowlawn Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
(404) 261-1165
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Kudzu. Yahoo. Judy's Book.
 |  Terrible, terrible doctor  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2013

This doctor could have cost me my life....I had an annual checkup with him in June of 2005 (including the prostate/ rectal check) during which failed to locate an egg-size tumor one inch inside my large intestine. Turned out it was a malignant tumor. The other doctor said later that his 15-yr daughter would be able to locate it. I was able to successfully operate the tumor but had I trusted him, I would have been in a big trouble. The staff was uneducated, rude, obviously very transitional since I never encountered the same nurse twice. I have not skipped the points for accurate diagnosis, I gave him zero points. Draw your own conclusion.

|  Family friendly  |  show details
by mskittyga at Citysearch on Apr 2nd, 2012 on citysearch.com

Talented. Personable. Fast. Professional. Great staff. Dr. Yager has turned a home into an office full of medical memorabilia. He has been the team doctor for several events through the years. He has been our family doctor since 1998 when we lived in the area. We live in Decatur but travel back to his office to get personalized service. He actually calls you in a few days after an acute illness just to see if you are feeling better and the medication is doing the truck. My family loves Dr. Yager and you will, too.

Mar 21st, 2011

Dr Jager let's me come in without an appointment and that's not the norm anymore. I lived a block from his office but have since moved 35 miles away. I stay with Dr Jager because I feel he does care about me and he's always helped me when I need it.

|  Definitely won't be back  |  show details
by JA, Atlanta on May 6th, 2010

I don't have a real problem with how a doctor decides to "decorate" his office. Dr. Yager seems to have a very eclectic taste. My issue is with how he conducted a typical physical. I expected checking of ears, eyes, nose, reflex (knees), cough (testicles), etc. Dr. Yager did none of these. He did take blood tests. I had one "out of normal range" rating, suggesting possibility of anemia. Dr. Yager suggested taking an Iron supplement. When I inquired (by phone) what amount of iron supplement he'd suggest, he said: "start with 500 mg daily." When I searched out iron supplements, I discovered that the highest dosage available at both CVS and Walgreen was 48 mg. This doctor seems to have very limited knowledge of the basics. Sorry :(

by abbycooper on Sep 3rd, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr Yager is very easy to see-- I can call and get in the same day! I have never had to wait more than a few minutes. That is why I like to go see him for minor things that normally I would not hassle with. He asks questions and does not seem to be in

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  good doc  |  show details
by pinseeker on Aug 31st, 2009 on kudzu.com

Cuts to the chase, and does what he has to. Has found a couple of possible problems and sent me to the right specialists.

|  Great Doc to Have  |  show details
by ninataylor on Jul 29th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I'm so glad that I found Dr. Yager a couple of years ago. He listens, is very kind, and with years of experience-extremely knowledgeable... can't go wrong

|  Very professional and Courteous  |  show details
by Dawgfann on Jul 17th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager has been my primary care physician for years and always makes time to see his patients despite a busy schedule. I'm glad to have found a quality physician that takes a personal interest in the well being of his patients.

|  Great, helpful and caring doctor  |  show details
by anselpoe on Jul 13th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is a very caring physician that has helped me through some critical health concerns. He is intelligent and listens to the patient's needs. He personally took care of me in his office one day when I had a terrible migraine headache. He is the best!

|  ┐I've been a patient since '93  |  show details
by tonyteach on Jun 1st, 2009 on kudzu.com

I have been seeing Dr. Yager since I came to Atlanta in 1993. He is very direct, and works with you on preventing things BEFORE they arise. He sees both myself and my wife. On at least two occasions he caught life threatening issues that other physicians had missed. He is not for everyone, you will love him, or hate him┐ no room for middle ground. As for my wife and I, we LOVE HIM!!

|  WHO ARE THESE 5 STAR PEOPLE?  |  show details
by ilovepits on Apr 29th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I went in with a semi-serious problem.He ignorned it.I have been on one med for almost 15 years-all other doctors give a 1 year prescription,he gave only a six month supply. I asked him to check some blood levels he said "that test is too expensive" I didn't ask him the cost, I asked him to do the test. He never touched me or listened to my heart,took less than 5 mins with me. I would never go back!!!!

|  This is what all Doctor's need to strive to be.  |  show details
by roninazure on Apr 28th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager has been my Physician for 15 years and he gives you the personalized attention you need. He or the staff can usually get you in the same day and if you need refills he will call them in for you. What I like is the ease of getting to his office. He is not in a large medical office building which is a pain to access in and out.

|  Convenient and Available  |  show details
by MissAtl on Apr 17th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I began going to Dr. Yager a year and a half ago after reading his ratings on Kudzu. I appreciate that every time I have needed to go to the doctor, I have been able to get an appointment right away. Also, the nurses and staff are not rude as has been suggested in other postings. I am satisfied with the prescriptions and diagnoses that I have received. I think Dr. Yager is a nice person who cares about his vocation. He has even answered the phone when I have called the office for refills.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by leeandvee on Apr 8th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager and his staff are professional, caring and compassionate. I've been going to Dr. Yager for years because I get treatment that is responsive.

|  Convenient  |  show details
by JoJo66 on Apr 2nd, 2009 on kudzu.com

I have been going to Dr. Yager for 9 years. He listens and asks questions which is very important. They are respectful of my time (unheard of for a doctor).

|  Great doctor, great service  |  show details
by amboyce on Mar 31st, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is special because he's not only going to give you medicine and send you on your way! He will always suggest keeping a healthy diet, excersise, and stress relief. This lets you know he cares for you and not just the office fees. I strongly recommend him to anyone needing a good doctor and tired of just being given pills.

|  He's always been there for me  |  show details
by Survivor2 on Mar 23rd, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is the only "solo" MD I've been to in Atlanta, and I've been seeing him for about 30 years. Hardly ever a wait; sometimes he answers the phone himself; definitely no "herd" mentality. I recently was diagnosed with breast cancer; he helped me with referrals to appropriate specialists. The chemo treatment was debilitating and I wound up in the hospital. Throughout this entire process Dr. Yager called me periodically, offering encouragement. I can't imagine another MD in Atlanta doing that.

|  If only I could rate NO stars  |  show details
by jentoo on Mar 2nd, 2009 on kudzu.com

My husband originally went to Dr. Yager after reading all the sterling Kudzu reviews. We were looking for a primary care doc anyway, but my husband went in first because he'd had swolen lymph nodes in his neck and leg that weren't going away and I was concerned. I was happy with all the reviews talking about how much time and attention Dr. Yager takes with each patient, and we were eagerly expecting the same. My husband called after his appointment, much earlier than I expected. He said Dr. Yager came in and spent *maybe* 5 minutes with him, said the lymph nodes were nothing to worry about (without examination or any questions asked) probably just an infection, and told him to lose weight...oh and he could prescribe weight loss drugs if my husband wanted. My husband isn't nearly as picky about doctors as I am, but even he was shocked at how pointless the visit was. He turned down the prescription and we found another doctor. One who actually examined my husband, ordered tests accordingly. I'm glad we did...Dr. Yager's "nothing" ended up being lymphoma. I understand things can be overlooked and be misdiagnosed, but that is ridiculous. Go to a doctor that will actually take the time to pay attention.

|  What a joke this Dr. is! Avoid like the plague  |  show details
by jeninatl on Feb 26th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I usually don't take the time to join sites like this, but when I saw the reviews for Dr. Yager I couldn't help myself. He is such a joke. I just happened to stumble upon reviews of Dr.Yager while I was searching for a new PCP. Dr. Yager is the biggest QUACK! I haven't been to him in over 6-years but my boyfriend and I both still laugh about our experience in his office. Just walking into his office which is decorated in antique medical equipment and bottles sorta freaked us out. Definite co-pay scam getting you to come back just so he can get another $20. His staff turns over so much that you never see the same people twice and they always have been rude and uncaring. One of the staff members actually told my BF once what a quack he was and how he gets all his staff from one of those schools they advertise on TV so he can get them cheap. He always perscribed medicines that didn't really seem to be needed and even had my BF on a blood pressure medicine that was the wrong strength and caused him lots of problems. Thank goodness he went to a qualified Dr. before he keeled over dead from the meds Dr. Yager prescribed. He's unqualified and we still talk about his shotty skills and how stupid we were to go to him to this day and about our awful experiences in his office. Don't waste your time. Seriously I wouldn't put it past him to write his own reviews either, he always seemed like a schiester to me. Avoid at all costs if you value your health and possibly even life.

by thejam on Feb 23rd, 2009 on citysearch.com

So maybe Dr. Yager over does it a bit on the antiques and medical memorbilla. But the man is a first-rate physician that is punctual and professional. I've been seeing the man for more than 10 years, and I've never waited more than 10-20 minutes. Dr. Y

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by RJM289 on Feb 17th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager and his associates treat me with respect and dignity--a real rarity in this day and age. Our appointments take place on time. He listens to any medical concerns I have and takes them seriously. I've been to larger practices at which I was herded around like cattle. There, I was nothing more than an income source. If you're as tired of that as I was, give Dr. Yager a call.

|  Don't Believe The Other Reviews!!  |  show details
by anicoledn on Feb 17th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I went to this doctor after reading all the great reviews which are false. I had an awful experience. I went in with a problem I was having with low back pain and my sciatic nerve caused by a herniated disc. He did not even examine me. All he did was sit in his chair for about 3 minutes and talk to me and wrote me a prescription for a medicine that did not work or anything. Then, he referred me to an orthopedic doctor and filled out a form, but didn't take the time to refer me to any particular orthopedic doctor or make any suggestions. Also, I have 2 small children. One is not walking yet...so I took him in a stroller. The office is so small and cluttered that I had to leave the stroller in the waiting room and hold him while I was talking to the doctor which was very inconvenient and uncomfortable considering I was there for my lower back pain and I have a 25 pound 12 month old. There was so much junk covering up the door that the stroller wouldn't fit through the door. So if you have small children that need to be in a stroller, don't bother. Please do not waste your time going there!! I was very disappointed. I really expected to have a good experience after reading these reviews and I was looking for a new general practicioner since I had to quit seeing mine after changing insurance companies. So my advice is to please steer clear of this doctor's office. I personally believe that these reviews were written by the doctor or his staff. BEWARE!!

|  sketchy  |  show details
by atlmom404 on Feb 12th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I went to Yager for a few years when I first moved to Atlanta. While it's true his office has a very old fashioned small town appeal. If you know what medicine you want he will give it to you without much of a hassel. However if you don't know he may push on you a new pill some drug rep recently promoted to him, which can be bad news for your pocket book when they ring you up at the pharmacy. Plus he simply is too old to accuratly diagnose anything but your standard basic stuff (e.g.head colds etc.). And worst off is he does dome type of pharmacuticle treatment for drug addicts and thus every time you have an appointment you are doomed to run into one of these "recovering drug addict types".

|  Excellent and Timely Care  |  show details
by Beamer535 on Feb 9th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Doctor Yager is always available to help my wife Patricia and myself. He does this in a very timely and caring fashion. He is very knowledgeable in a number of areas but is also the first to admit that he is not an expert in some and will refer you to another Doctor in order to solve the problem rather than waste valuable time when you really need focused care. He has sent me to ENT, Allergist, Dermatologist, and Podiatrist to get the special care I needed under the circumstances. He is also able to handle emergencies when you call him. He is very professional and courteous. He is what the country needs more of an excellent general practitioner. My wife and I highly recommend Doctor Yager. The Carr Family

|  Always wonderful care  |  show details
by dlesin on Feb 9th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is always available, even for the most last minute illness. I've never made an official appointment and I've always received immediate, wonderful care. He is thorough and helpful. Thank you

|  A Doctor Who Provides Personalized Service  |  show details
by UNC*Tom on Feb 9th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I moved to Atlanta in 1978 and Dr. Yager has been my primary physician for the majority of these years. He and his staff treat you as individuals and provide you with a comfort level that is not often found in medical facilities of today. He cares about your total well being. I don't look forward to the day when he retires, but am encouraged by the fact that his son will continue in his practice.

by UNCTomR on Feb 9th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Your first impression is the converted house into a family doctor's office filled with antiques, furniture and medical supplies, bottles, machines. It reminds me of going to the family doctor in New Bern, N.C. as a child. His office manager, Keisha, is pe

|  Dr. Yager practices patient-centered medicine.  |  show details
by aheller on Feb 4th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager has served as our family doctor for over 30 years. The reason for three decades of service is that Dr. Yager practices what my wife Sue and I call patient-centered medicine. Arnold Heller

|  Great Dr with traditional service  |  show details
by michaelj007 on Jan 9th, 2009 on kudzu.com

He's a great Gen Doc. His office is like a Norman Rockwell. He's usually avail, he'll take his time and listen to you, you can tell he values the traditional Patient-Dr relationship that is all but extinct. I've been going to him for 2 yrs and he'll always be my Dr when I'm in ATL. I've sent co-workers there and they loved him too.

|  Average Physician & Nurse  |  show details
by AmyElizabeth on Dec 22nd, 2008 on kudzu.com

When I was feeling sick, I called Dr. Yager's office, and they immediately provided an appointment the same day. I never have waited more than 3-5 minutes in his office. Dr. Yager and his staff were caring. He is very detailed and concerned about all aspects of the patient's health. He has provided some medication that was expensive. When I called back and asked his office to call in a different prescription that morning, they waited until the end of the day to call in the prescription. Usually, most offices will call in prescriptions 2x a day, but not this office. I would not rave or rant about my experience.

|  Friendly environment.  |  show details
by MERCER08 on Dec 7th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I highly recommend Dr Yager. He always takes me on short notice and actually listens to what I say. The relaxed atmosphere is excellent. The office is similar to visiting a home instead of visiting the usual "cold" docter' office.

by jknope on Dec 1st, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have never had a bad experience with Dr. Yager. I've been to his office almost a dozen times and have never waited more than 20 minutes. He's always been more than willing to address any questions I might have and is always pleasant. On several occas

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Small-town family doctor in a big city  |  show details
by emelick on Nov 27th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Over the past 10 years, Dr. Yager has been a terrific physician with a helpful and responsive office staff. I always recommend him to my friends, which is the best vote of confidence I can give!

|  Wonderful doctor!  |  show details
by HJSJodeco on Nov 12th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr.Yager combines up to date knowledge with a wonderful bedside manner. While very professional, he and his staff also recognize patients as people, not just numbers on a chart. I've moved to Lake Spivey, 30 miles away but will keep going to Dr. Yager.

|  Resourcefull Doctor  |  show details
by chstewart12 on Nov 5th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Friendly, resourceful and accommodating offices. Staff is well coordinated and Dr. Yager makes his patients feel they are his utmost priority.

|  Reliable, Credible, Accessible  |  show details
by Dick#1 on Nov 1st, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager gives down-to-earth reco's that are effective and friendly. His office is a treat in itself, filled with medical collectibles and antiques, but his diagnosis and treament are state of the art. I have even called his office at 7:30 am and he answers the phone! He's the best!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  excellent doctor  |  show details
by twillis on Oct 30th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I think the individual who responded negative, was quit ignorant. Today you can walk in to any office and if the secretary or individual at the front desk dont even acknowledge you. You sign the check in slip and wait on them to call your name. If the doctor acknowledge you you should be happy. As for the credit card issue nothing in life is free. You should be happy you can use your credit card. If the nurse was rude and you did not like your service,why you didnt speak up. I think he does his job, the nurse is the individual that suppose to take all your symptoms so the doctor can read and elevate the chart before entering the room, then hes to come in and get history and move to the next patient. I can say hes top notch!!!

|  Understand this!!!  |  show details
by RogerT on Oct 28th, 2008 on kudzu.com

some complaints on here have some legitimacy to them. As an older physician, he may not always be on the cutting edge of every new treatment but he does keep up. Just realize what you are getting here. You are getting a nice doctor (reserved and quiet but a very good guy) who cares and you can often WALK-IN!!!! for those of you who are sick and tired of having to wait for weeks or longer to see a doctor, this is a great change of pace. I actually have a relationship with him and I'm not just the 43rd patient for the day. He's always worked with me as far as doing what's best for me. He's honest and I trust him. He's definitely a throwback from a different era. And no, his staff is not always attentive. They sometimes just plain suck in that regard. They are not rude but definitely not polite and warm - they're just....there. I think its more a reflection on the state of hired help - certainly not a reflection on Dr. Yager. Bottom Line: I am very grateful for such easy access to a good doctor.

by jmattarella on Oct 27th, 2008 on kudzu.com

A great family practitioner. He is always warm and cordial and readily available. His office reminds me of my childhood doctor.

|  A Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by Penny1 on Oct 13th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager always makes times for his patients. He always greets you by name and a smile, always asks how you have been and how you are. He checks your records, listens carefully to your ailment and treats accordingly. Dr. Yager does not overcharge. His staff is competent and professional. Dr. Yager is an exceptional doctor.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  best around  |  show details
by vlr on Oct 10th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is a fine, caring physician who will listen and take good care of you. I have been going to him for ten years and he has been the best for all of those years.

|  A wonderful family Dr  |  show details
by kiabunny on Oct 8th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager has been my family's doctor for over 13 years. He is caring, direct and knowledgeable. He will listen to your concerns, doesn't hesitate to refer you to a specialist, and is very big on preventive medicine. The specialists he has referred us to over the years have always had the high level of quality of Dr Yager himself. I also find that the quality of his staff has improved over the past few years, too. I have found (from referring countless friends and coworkers over the years) that you either love Dr. Yager or you hate him. We definitely love him.

|  ┐Top Notch┐ Doctor in the ATL  |  show details
by stabaker on Oct 7th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager has been my doctor since I have lived in Atlanta area. more than 4 years ago. He is a wonderful doctor and an all around great guy. I trust him completely and feel blessed to have him in my live! Dr. Yager and his staff helped me get my hypertension under control. I┐m also grateful to his office staff for all their support through the years. He didnt just come in the patient room, write a script and leave, he gets to know you and he takes his time and does not rush you and he even remembers you on the next visit! He is outstanding. Dr. Yager and his staff are very friendly and professional, They seem to actually enjoy what they do! If you are looking for a Top Notch Physician and supporting staff, I higly recommend them!

|  Quick and painless !  |  show details
by Buster 1111 on Sep 24th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr.Yager's office make me feel very comfotable.He always a has a pleasent staff to assist. Dr.Yager also has a great "bed-side " manner,sense of humor.

|  HORRIBLE DOCTOR  |  show details
by TheProfessor on Sep 23rd, 2008 on kudzu.com

I read all of these rave reviews and thought that perhaps this doctor was a good doctor, but most things said on this site are false. It is unusual that there are so many good reviews on here. I think that Dr. Yager himself is posting false positive reviews, based on what I have read. All in all, this was the worst and most unprofessional doctor experience I have ever had. I walk in the office to find nobody at the desk. The doctor takes my information finally. Later on a nurse took me into the back cluttered/dirty office and was on her cell phone the whole time fighting with her boyfriend, with repeated calls, while she showed no concern for me. Dr. Yager came in and was very short and did not analyze me properly or take the appropriate blood tests needed. He just pushed me some pills and pushed me out of the door without any prognosis or diagnosis and didn┐t give me any refills. In other words he didn't think about the problem or analyze what I said. To top it all off he charged me a $1.50 service charge on my credit card. If he can't afford to use a credit machine he should not use one. Perhaps they should have a cash only policy. Dr. Yager is a very cheap doctor with no people skills and poor management. PLEASE DO NOT GO HERE!!

|  I'm not so sure...  |  show details
by juliegaunty on Sep 17th, 2008 on kudzu.com

i'm almost hesitant to write this reviewe because Dr. Yager has gotten such great reviews. When I was looking for a PCP, I read all the great things said about him and thought I had found a winner. Unfortunately when I visited with Dr. Yager I found his staff to be quite rude and short. He prescribed an antibiotic as well as an allergy medication. For some reason, there was no refill for the allergy medicine. I later found out (when I called in for a refill) that he needed to see me again. (that means another co-pay) I informed the nurse that there was no reason to come back in that the infection had cleared up just fine and all I needed was a refill on the allery medicine (which was totally unrelated to the ear infection). She would not refill until I was seen again (which meant another co-pay). I reluctantly returned to his office only to be treated terribly by his staff once again and Dr. Yager had no idea why I was even in the office again, but quickly asked for the co-pay. He's a nice guy but I am taking my medical care elsewhere.

|  Our Doctor Kildare  |  show details
by beebee47 on Sep 14th, 2008 on kudzu.com

For many years I have consulted and have used the practice of doctor Yager. He and his staffs bed side manner is impeccable. The office atmousphere relaxes and make you feel right at home upon entry. I can recommend no other than our own doctor Yager as one of a kind when personal health care is required. (OUR Dr. KILDARE)EDM

|  A complete service I like  |  show details
by Seaside on Sep 9th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Soon after I moved to Atlanta, I began to look for a physician. Finally, I found Dr. Yager. He became my doctor a decade ago, and today he still is. He is professionally skilled, and always patiently listens to what I want to say. Particularly, I like his physical check-up facility. You can get almost everything done there for the purpose.

|  Best Doctor I've Ever Had  |  show details
by gpeacock on Sep 8th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr Yager geniunely cares about his patients. He is quick to schedule and deliver appointments. His office is friendly and feels like family, unlike many of the "medical factories" being run by certain physicians today.

|  Great Atlanta Doctor!!  |  show details
by frizzo08 on Aug 28th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr Yager is an excellent Doctor. He is very experienced and knowledgeable. I have seen him while ill and and for well care and he has provided great service for both. Highly recommended Doctor.

|  Excellent care in family medical practice  |  show details
by anpettoni on Aug 26th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager and his staff are very friendly and professional. Dr. Yager's practice is family oriented and he addresses his patients in an attentive and caring manner.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by lorraineh on Aug 21st, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager always takes the time to really listen to you and then make an informed diagnosis not just based on obvious symptoms. He is he best!

|  Simply the Best  |  show details
by St. Patrick on Aug 13th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager has been taking excellent care of my heath for over 10 years. He and his staff are professional and compassionate and the atmosphere of his office is calm and relaxing. One visit and you will have found your doctor.

|  Great and caring Doctor  |  show details
by wesleyhagins on Aug 7th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr, Yager is an extremely thoughtful and caring physician. He did a great job in explaining to me my condition and recommended a treatment that helped me greatly. I strongly recommend Dr. Yager as a knowledgeable and caring Doctor.

|  The Greatest  |  show details
by linda.russell@e on Jul 29th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr Yager is very professional, knowledgable, caring and most of all listens to what you have to say. He takes time with patient not just in and out. I have went in without an appointment and was seen without hestitation. Also he has called and check to see how I was doing,which made me feel better knowing he really cares about his patients. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

|  Outstanding  |  show details
by joshf7 on Jul 15th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I have always experienced great service at Dr. Yager's. He is very friendly and has a long hisotry of medical practice and is an active member of the community. I highly recommend him.

Jul 10th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I've been there twice, and had to wait a combined 3 hours. No apologies either. Dr. Yager is a bit past his prime and wasn't very knowledgeable about my condition. He didn't even check to see if he had any samples or coupons for my medication, which is ve

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
by ahaldar on Jul 10th, 2008 on citysearch.com

|  Great Medical Care  |  show details
by patient27 on Jul 3rd, 2008 on kudzu.com

I have visited Dr. Yager as needed for almost 8 years now. He has consistently provided responsive, thoughtful, effective medical care. If you are looking for a physician and concerned about the level of care you will receive, you can rest assured you will be in good hands with Dr. Yager.

|  Best Primary Care Physician  |  show details
by Becca1 on Jun 28th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Yager's for about 9 years. I have always trusted his diagnosis and advice regarding my personal health issues. Dr. Yager's primary concern is for his patient's. I have moved twice since becoming his patient; I now live about an hour away, and I have no plan on changing to a doctor that is closer to my home. The ease of making appointments, having prescriptions called in, and the fact that you do not have to wait to be seen in the office are my main reasons for staying.

|  #1 Doctor in Atlanta  |  show details
by wreese1 on Jun 26th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I have been going to Dr. Yager for about two years now. You can call and scedule an appointment immediantly at almost anytime. I've never had to wait more than few minutes to go back to the examination room once I check in either. I have been very pleased with the care I have received under Dr. Yager He takes the time to listens to your complaints and doesn't cut you off in mid sentence. Dr. Yager always takes the time to explain the prescriptions he writes for me. My last visit he gave me a coupon on a medication that didn't have a generic version out yet. Dr. Yager is better than all the Eagles Landing Family Practice's combined. His office staff is very professional as well.

|  Great Doctor!!  |  show details
by Hoaraun on Jun 17th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I am very happy with Dr. Yager. In the past I┐ve switched doctors over and over trying to find one that would listen to me. I┐ve been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and could not find any relief from the medications I was receiving from the other doctors. When I did my own research on the subject and found a medication that seemed promising, I could not find a doctor that would prescribe it for me even just to try it. I was told that it was out dated and the synthetic version is much better than the natural. The doctors would only go by the test results no matter how I felt. If the results were in the normal range, they did not want to hear my complaints. I found Dr. Yagers name on a website for this medication that recommended him so I gave him a try. I┐ve been going to him for the past 2 years now and I┐m very pleased. He listened to me and had no problems with letting me try the medication that I wanted to try. I┐ve been feeling so much better since then and I always recommend him to anyone that is looking for a doctor that cares and will listen. After all, aren┐t the doctors supposed to be helping us by listening and treating us with respect? His staff is also very friendly and helpful and I have no problems getting in when I need to. I have never waited longer than 5 minutes. I wish there were more doctors like Dr. Yager.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by gtg694t on Jun 9th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Very helpful, friendly, and easy going. I've been very impressed. I would highly recommend Dr. Yager.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  great service and friendly staff  |  show details
by robertw on Jun 2nd, 2008 on kudzu.com

I have been going to Dr. Yager for 6 years now and i am still going back for a reason. convenient without the long waits associated with most M.D.'s.

|  The Best Doctor  |  show details
by Nottipop on May 24th, 2008 on kudzu.com

People are astounded when I tell them my doctor, Howard Yager, often answers his own phone, and that I can usually see him within an hour or 2 of calling for an appointment. A great doctor! El habla espanol, tambien.

|  Great General Practitioner/Family Doctor  |  show details
by djcas on May 23rd, 2008 on kudzu.com

Easy to get appointments. Great Buckhead location. He is very attentive and shows genuine concern for my health.

|  Great doctor.  |  show details
by scadgrad93 on May 19th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is a great doctor who has been my parents doctor and my doctor for many years, I trust his judgement without question.

|  Best Dr. I've Every Found  |  show details
by dsmumma on May 17th, 2008 on kudzu.com

No wait times - Great office staff !- Dr. Listens to your complaints. Of all the Dr's and Specialist I've been to, Dr Yager is the best. Top notch staff - easy to schedule appointments. He will go the extra mile to take care of your health care needs without hassle. Thanks Dr Yager and Staff!!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  good professional service  |  show details
by lbm88lbm on May 9th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I (and my family) have been going to Dr Yager for more than 5 years. Their practice is great, convenient, friendly and most importantly, I feel we are getting the best medical treatment.

|  Dr. Howard Yager thorough and prompt  |  show details
by maho88 on May 5th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I have been going to Dr. Yager for 2.5 years now. He is always prompt and I never have to wait in the reception area for more than 5 minutes. You get much more personalized service than with a larger group of physicians.

|  First class service  |  show details
by atarigirl on Apr 30th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I've been going to Dr. Yager a little over a year now. As usual, I needed to make a last minute appointment and his office staff was extremely accommodating. Wait times are amazingly small and Dr. Yager is thorough in is work while remaining a compassionate caregiver. Thank you so much!

|  Review  |  show details
by lcahill1520 on Apr 29th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Visits are always efficient and thorough. Wait times consistently under ten minutes. Convenient location.

|  Exceptional Quality  |  show details
by Tacoma on Jan 23rd, 2008 on kudzu.com

Experience Wisdom=Unparalleled Service And Results. I will not even consider any other physician, Warm cozy home feeling atmosphere in addition to Dr. Yager"s experience ranks him among the best money can buy. T. A

|  Overall, good experience  |  show details
by ilovelondon_esquire on Jan 18th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I am new to Atlanta and was seeking a new primary care physician. Dr. Yager was friendly, and I was able to get an appointment very quickly. The only negative was that I had some questions about my health, and I would have liked my questions to be answered more thoroughly. Overall though, it was a pleasant experience and I will likely continue to go to this doctor.

|  Excellent care  |  show details
by doughboy on Nov 15th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I have been cared for by Dr. Yager since I moved to Atlanta more than a decade ago. I have found him to be a warm, caring person and an excellent doctor. Dr. Yager is a concierge class healthcare provider, without the extra expense.

|  Professional and caring  |  show details
by rudi30080 on Nov 13th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager and his staff have always taken time to ensure my needs and care come first. They are very professional and attentive to my needs.

|  Big city Doc, small town personal attention  |  show details
by diezje on Oct 27th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is extremely professional and attentive. He takes the time to talk and get to know his patients.

|  Small-town Feel  |  show details
by CutrightFamily on Oct 16th, 2007 on kudzu.com

We┐re new to GA and Dr. Yager and his staff have made our transition very smooth. Dr. Yager has successfully kept the ┐Small-Town feel┐ in his ┐Big-City┐ office.

|  Personalized service  |  show details
by carpenter25 on Sep 22nd, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is the best. He has been our family physician for 8 years. If you have an appt, that's when you are called if not before. If you don't have an appt, and need to see him, call him, HE ANSWERS THE PHONE MOST OF THE TIME. Then he will call you to see if you feel better. Dr. Yager is great and his staff is awesome!!!

|  Well-Experienced Doctor!  |  show details
by professor on Aug 27th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is extremely experienced, friendly, compassionate and very respectful of his patients. We just love him!

|  Lifesaver!  |  show details
by fosteruga02 on Aug 23rd, 2007 on kudzu.com

I recently have seen Dr. Yager 3 times for a specific medication treatment. I feel 200% better than the first day I walked into his office. Dr. Yager is a great physician, he's very caring and encourages healthy living. I don't know where I would be right now if I didn't come see him, but all I can say is my life is running very smoothly now thanks to him! Thanks Dr. Yager!

|  Reliable  |  show details
by Brownie1218 on Aug 19th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I have gone to Dr. Yager for many years. He always makes time for me and gets me in immediately if I am sick. He takes the time to ask the proper questions and to be there for you when you need it. His office is not stuffy and is so eclectic! I recommend Dr. Yager.

|  Great family physician  |  show details
by appreciative on Aug 18th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager has been our family physician for 10 years. Very pleasant, knowledgeable, compassionate, and reliable. And the whole family loves his charming Garden Hills office; no institutional decor here.

|  Right.....  |  show details
by J A. at Judy`sBook on Aug 7th, 2007 on judysbook.com

Dr. Yager has had the same CMA for quite some time. Dr.`s all over Atlanta have students come in for their. Why would you take the word of a student who may be having a bad day. The student may not like the way he practices, and remind y...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  Great Doc, Expensive Prescription  |  show details
by melmelhead on Jul 19th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I recently visited Dr. Yager after not having been to a doctor in 3 years. He made me feel very comfortable and his office is really cool. The prescription he gave me was very very expensive though and did not have a generic alternative although it was just an acid reducer. I wonder why he picked that one, which costed me $118 for 30 pills...by the way, the medicine didn't even work.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
by Pittsy on Jul 1st, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is such a warm, pleasant man that I always enjoyed seeing him, even though I was sick! He provided me with great care -- I recommend him to anyone who needs a doctor in the Atlanta area.

|  The anti-doctor  |  show details
by judems on Jun 14th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Anyplace else you'd have to wait for two weeks to get an appointment, wait for an hour before the doctor saw you, then leave the office feeling like a number. Not so with Dr. Yager. This is probably how it was in my parents' day, with a family doctor who actually remembered who you were, who took the time and did the job well. Thanks, doc.

|  Old Fashioned Doctor  |  show details
by chadscc on Jun 12th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Nice man...quaint office...answers his own calls and will talk to you and listen. He's pretty thorough and it's easy to get an appointment. However, he is a little "drug happy" - he tends to throws lots of drugs at minor problems.

|  Family Friendly  |  show details
by thewardfamily on May 26th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr.Yager is a great doctor.He is friendly and patient. I admire him because he's in business for himself. His office is not a big coorperate office, its small and it suits his clientel. It never takes a long time for him to see you. During your appointment, he makes you feel comfortable

|  The BEST I Have Found...  |  show details
by Lititia on May 7th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is the best physician I have been able to find since my move to Atlanta in 1996. I haven't been to anyone that shows the attentiveness of Dr. Yager and his wonderful staff. His office and the setting takes me back to my childhood doctor from the mid-1960's, when a doctor believed in actually generating a relationship with his patients and knowing them on a first name basis. Well done, Dr. Yager, for providing Atlanta with the best care and best staff available!!!

|  My New Doctor  |  show details
by tomlol on May 4th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I must say that I have not been to the Doctor in 20 years and the thought that something could be amiss added to the anxiety . Thru Kudzu I found a delightful Doctor and a cordial youthful staff.It was worth the drive from Eagles Landing and it will not be another 20 years .

|  Best in Buckhead  |  show details
by mackey on Apr 24th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is always so pleasant. I am always ab le to get in and out of there in about a lunch hour. The location is great and the staff is very friendly. Thanks Dr. Yager for attending to all of my medical needs. Cassandra

|  Dr Yager, Concerned and Considerate  |  show details
by LynnNeal on Apr 12th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I've had Dr Yager as my physician for about 2 years. I love the one Dr office....and he seems to always be there when I need him. He is considerate as has a very thoughtful and gentle staff. I'm so glad I found Dr Yager. Lynn Neal

|  Hometown doctor  |  show details
by wrodriguez on Apr 7th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is like a breath from the past. He is still a one doctor office and has a small town practice in booming Atlanta. He has impressed my husband and myself for listening and trying to help us come to the root of various health complaints. It is really outstanding that in an obviously busy practice Dr. Yager will work you in to be seen as soon as possible and if it is a really serious complaint can at times work you in the same day. His staff is very friendly and very personable. I must commend the assistants for their kind way of dealing with "needle phobia" and such. I sincerely hope that the big city atmosphere never dampens Dr. Yager's small town doctor's ways.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by mefulkus on Apr 2nd, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is the best Doctor in town. When I am really sick, I can always count on him and his staff to work me into the schedule. I feel so fortunate to have such a "home town" doctor in a big city.

|  Dr. Yager - Convenient, Competent and Caring  |  show details
by mashby on Mar 23rd, 2007 on kudzu.com

I just love Dr. Yager and it could not be more convenient to see him. Whenever I need to visit the doctor, I just call and ask for the appointment time I need. They can usually accommodate even if it is that day and walk-ins are OK, too. His staff is caring and they do not leave you waiting long. Dr. Yager is a great all-around family physician/general practitioner. He is straightforward yet thorough, so the visit is not only quick but all your health needs are met. Plus, the office is really cool with all the antiques! I have recommended him to others including to family and people with kids. I also occasionally see a chiropractor and have an OB/GYN, but Dr. Yager fills in on everything else. I hope he stays in practice for many years more!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  a very fine doctor  |  show details
by c_ountessd_racula on Mar 23rd, 2007 on kudzu.com

The good doctor is a very wise, down-to-earth, and compassionate professional who cares about his patients. He was referred to me by someone that I respected, and I have been going to him for several years.

by heerybrothers on Mar 22nd, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager answers his own phone many mornings. He is always there when you need him and says come right in. He is very matter of fact. He usually has a free sample of what he needs to prescribe to you in the office. He does not seem to throw unneeded medicine and most of all he always asks how is my wife, how are my children (by name), how is my stress, how┐s work am I exercising and eating right. Once you work with Dr. Yager you will know that he truly cares about you. I have been going to Dr. Yager for around 12 years now. My wife started going about 5 years ago.

by bostoncelts on Mar 14th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Doctor Yager has been the family physicial for my wife and I for about eight years. He is always available and provides caring quality medical care. He has many of the good qualities associated with the traditional family doctor. He is always available and he monitors your health needs. He does so without being judgemental. I have received excellent care from Doctor Yager and would recommend him.

|  Genuine Concern  |  show details
by ladylaw on Feb 18th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is Great! He is truly concerned about his patients health and he shows that during your visits to his office. He ask questions and he actually listens to your answers. He makes sure to get his patients back to feeling 100% and he always suggest a follow up visit to make sure of it. In the short time I've been a patient I have been truly satified!

|  Trusting Family Practicioner  |  show details
by jeffcollard on Jan 29th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I have been a faithful paitent of Dr. Yager and his staff for seven years now and I feel fortunate to have such a caring and trusting doctor. Dr. Yager has proven his services to be well above and beyond the normal expectations. I recall one time about 4 years ago while traveling during a business trip, I caugh a severe sinus infection and he was able to help me by calling in a perscription to a pharmacy that was in the respective area. This is simply personalized service that you would not often find from a doctor with an office in a city center.

|  Traditional Family Physician  |  show details
by MelanieBrightwell on Jan 5th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I grew up with a father who was a doctor. After moving to Atlanta nearly 20 years ago, one of my greatest concerns was finding a good, polite, available and compassionate family doctor. My standards and expectations are too high for most physicians; however, Dr. Yager meets them all.

|  Great General Practioner  |  show details
by andrewb on Dec 27th, 2006 on kudzu.com

Dr Yager is a great GP for anyone who lives inside the perimeter. He is always available and cares about his patients.

|  Excellent treatment  |  show details
by bfdlads on Dec 11th, 2006 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager has been my physician since I moved to ATL 6 years ago. Originally picked more by location than anything else. I have sinced moved away from the area but would still rather drive an extra 10 miles to see Dr. Yager. Never been turned away for an emergency appointment, always there when you need him. As quoted in other reviews "a good old fashioned Dr."

|  Dr. Howard Yager the doctor to use  |  show details
by Briggsy on Dec 11th, 2006 on kudzu.com

I have used Dr. Yager for 10 years now. He is honest, hard working and is not impossible to get in to see. I would send anyone I know to him.

|  Keeps me Healthy  |  show details
by Amygiles on Dec 5th, 2006 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is always there to take of me! He takes a personal approach to medicine. He is one on one and honestly concerned about the well being of his patients. Thank you Dr. Yager! Amy

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  service the old fashioned way  |  show details
by bmac52 on Dec 5th, 2006 on kudzu.com

If you're searching for a dr. that provides the kind of service people speak about in the "good ol' days," a dr. who asks about the family, who answers his own phone and is readily available, Dr. Yager is your kind of doctor. He is mine.

|  Hope he never retires!  |  show details
by HJSMetro on Dec 1st, 2006 on kudzu.com

He's been my doctor for a quarter of a century. I had to change once due to insurance coverage, but I switched so I could go back to Dr. Yager. He gives personal attention, and will work you in at the last minute if you're sick. Dr. Yager combines all the warmth of an old time doctor with the security of one that stays on top of new developments.

|  No BS Doc  |  show details
by salvor on Nov 22nd, 2006 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is a good doc and gives promt sevice( no waiting for an hour ) and provides quality care with no BS, just the facts!!

|  great family Doctor......  |  show details
by TannyG on Nov 21st, 2006 on kudzu.com

Dr Yager is very warm,and accessible. He takes great care with his patients and his staff is excellent too. It's like stepping back into a small town again.....I highly recommend him.

|  Great Medicine  |  show details
by erik75205 on Nov 17th, 2006 on kudzu.com

Dr. Yager is truly one of a kind. He answers his own calls and is always calm and un-rushed unlike many other physicians I know. He is extremely bright and is well-schooled on current and historical medical trends. I feel like he is truly my own personal doctor and I highly recommend him for you and/or your family.

|  Top Doc  |  show details
by The_great_stag on Nov 12th, 2006 on kudzu.com

Neither snow, nor sleet, nor gloom of night stays this courier from seeing a patient in need. This doc is always available and helpful. Howard pursues patient privacy and never sticks his nose where is might not be wanted. However, there is no length he will not go to help a patient in need. If all PCP's were like him there would be less people in the hospitals.

|  Be careful of this MD  |  show details
by Jennifer T. at Judy`sBook on Dec 30th, 2005 on judysbook.com

Be scared, be very scared. My boyfriend went here and when asking the assistant something about the cold she had and having the doctor give her something she implied that she would never go to this doctor that she worked for. I had been...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  Medically sound, poor bedside manner  |  show details
by Anon2005 on Nov 16th, 2005 on kudzu.com

Dr Yager has always given me good medical advice. Plus I've always been able to get appointments quickly. However, I have been disappointed with his "bedside manner". I went to visit him when I was pregnant for something non-pregnancy related; then when I had to return a few weeks later, he asked "What happened to the pregnancy?" and I explained I had had a miscarriage, he looked down at my chart and mumbled "Sorry about that" and then continued with the business at hand. Maybe he felt uncomfortable, or assumed that I was well taken of by my ObGyn (I was), but I would have appreciated a PCP who would have followed up with me a bit more about how I was physically feeling and maybe even asked me how I was coping emotionally.

|  Great for Athletes  |  show details
by 75GT75 on Mar 28th, 2005 on kudzu.com

Howard knows athletes! Runners, lifters, hikers, all! Personally returns phone calls and will listen to you.