Dr. Hrayr Shahinian MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 16th, 2016
CON ARTIST
False hope, false promises. Absolutely nothing went according to plan from the surgery that ended in complications, to the recovery, to the billing. Not a trained neurosurgeon, and does not have any other extensive training he claims. Don't do it.

July 18th, 2016
Brilliant
If you need your head examined, or operated on, this is the Dr. you want. Brilliant!

July 18th, 2016
The Very Best
Dr. Shahinian is by far the most outstanding and professional Doctor in the field of Neurosurgery utilizing fully endoscopic procedures. The man is a gracious gentleman and well deserving of praise for his surgical skills and pioneering surgical techniques to make people's lives better. I am in very good health today because of Dr. Shahinian's expertise and dedication in removing an aggressive Pituitary tumor which had penetrated deep into my cavernous sinus. I will always be grateful!!

March 23rd, 2016
Dr. Shahinian and his staff are the most knowledgeable and compassionate medical professionals I have ever met. I had my TN surgery with Dr. Shahinian 5 years ago and I have been pain free & medication free ever since!!!!

December 28th, 2015
NEW LEASE ON LIFE
To Dr. Shahinian and his staff at Skull Base Institute - we are forever grateful. My adult daughter has suffered severe and debilitating "migraine" headaches with visual disturbances and motor skill impairment for over 20 years due to a pineal cyst (that countless other doctors labeled as "incidental" and "not causing the symptoms"). We had lost hope until we found the Skull Base Institute. From my first phone call (answered immediately by incredibly caring staff), up to and including the surgical staff at Mission Community Hospital, we felt safe for the first time in my daughter's life! Dr. S is brilliant, compassionate and quite frankly our "hero". We truly count this entire experience as an answered prayer! Thank you to each and every one of you for your care (and for your continued follow up)!!

December 7th, 2015
Wonderful
I felt so at ease when speaking to Dr. Shahinian. It is very evident that he cares about the person he is talking to and not just trying to sell a surgery. I was comfortable asking all of my questions, not pressed for time, which made a difficult situation less stressful

September 27th, 2015
Excellent doctor!

September 14th, 2015
Amazing surgeon
Dr. Shahinian helped me when other surgeons turned me away. He is brave and confident. He has a great bedside manner. He loves helping people and makes you feel like you are very important to him. I didn't feel like I was just another complicated case for him. He also did a wonderful job removing my tumor five years ago and I have not had any subsequent issues from it.

September 1st, 2015
Dr Shahinian is a life saver! He is in a class all his own! He and his staff genuinely care about their patients and families! He has given me my life back! If I were ever to need brain surgery again he would be my only choice! Dr Shahinian you are my hero. Thank you for being sincere and caring! Thank you for everything you have done for me and my family!

August 11th, 2015
Pineal lesion
I am three weeks past my surgery of Dr. Shahinian removing my pineal cyst. Before I found Dr. Shahinian I had neurosurgeons telling me all my headaches, dizziness and vision issues were not due to this cyst. I went through inner ear tests, which all came back normal, to have the neurosurgeon tell me we will just wait for six months to see what happens. I ended up on all these medications to help ease the pain and was not able to make it to work 1-2 days a week as my vision and naseau would increase looking at the computer. Dr. Shahinian looked at my MRI very carefully to notice that the cyst was pushing on my pineal gland so much that a part of my gland was as flat as a pancake. His staff took great care of me and my family through the whole process and even though I am still recovering from brain surgery at this point I feel great. I am not on any headache medicine or pain medicine anymore. I could not keep living my life the way I was and I am very thankful of the care the Skull base institute gave me and my family. I can now look forward to a great recovery and getting back to a normal life thanks to Dr. Shahinian.

July 29th, 2015
Dr.Shahinian is a god sent!!! my daughter suffered for 7 long years no dr was willing to help her until we found skull base institute and Dr shahinian. he gave me my daughter back and since the surgery she is unstoppable. finishing college working and most important living life to the fullest!!! there are no words that can express my gratitude to Dr. Shahinian I just have many many Thank Yous for him. God bless him and his staff!!!

June 24th, 2015
Outstanding experience.
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Shahinian, I trusted him completely and he did not disappoint me. He is an excellent doctor.