A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hua Gao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hua Gao is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hua Gao, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Diseases
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Gao graduated from Shanghai Medical University. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Gao has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Clarian Health Partners, Incorporated
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gao accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 9 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Anthem - 9 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- MDWise - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Hua Gao practice?
Dr. Hua Gao practices Ophthalmology near Detroit, MI.
Additional practice locations include: West Bloomfield, MI and Indianapolis, IN.
See Detroit Ophthalmologists.