Ophthalmologists

Henry Ford Hospital
2799 W Grand Blvd
Detroit, MI 48202
800-653-6568
Locations and availability (6)

|  Smart eye doctor  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2011

I brought my father to see this doctor and what great results we had. Our neightbor highly recommended Dr Gao. We waited 3 months to see him though. And our first visit was more than 2 hours long (most of it waiting) i think they have scheduling problems there. On the day of surgery, Dr Gao explained everything to us and answered our questions. He is an excellent, caring and gentle doctor.

|  show details
Mar 3rd, 2011

Dr.Gao is an excellent Dr. with a wonderful bedside manner.The only diffaculty I have isn't necessarily due to him but how patients are scheduled...I have been going to him since the fall of 2010 and have appts. scheduled 2-3 months in advance..The first visit took 4 hours and most of that time waiting. I have never been left waiting during any part of the segments less than a total of 1 1/2 hours. While they do supply snacks and juice in the back waiting room it is an exhausting appt. Last one I took a 45 minute nap in the back waiting room..I realize he is very busy with many emergencies and he himself is worth the wait. But, I often take my lunch with me, because I have a very strict diabetic routine...I still will give his expertise rating the highest rating, I would however, wish for better wait times.

|  surgical technican...opth asistant  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

worked with this dr in operation room

|  Great, caring doctor  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2011

this doctor performed surgery on my mother and was excellent. he was so kind and compassionate.

|  Great Opthamologist!  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2010

Dr. Gao is very attentive and gets to the bottom of diagnosing and treating the problem. I was blind and could barely anything out of my one eye when I first went to him. Now the black spot that was in the center of my retina has lightened up and my vision has improved. I strongly reccommend him for you or any family member in need of a GOOD Opthamologist.

|  show details
by A Brown on Apr 21st, 2010

Excellent, thorough and very knowledgeable. Takes the time to research all aspects of condition and treatments available.