Dr. Huberto Merayo MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Miami, FL

3.2

May 26th, 2013
Patient
Dr. Merayo and staff are the most undesirable group I have ever met, they are after the money they can get from the insurance, I had to wait a long time to be seen by someone, they have transportation to facilitate the stupid me to go to his office. It is or was a scam. I only went few times, but my daughter who was at that time a medical resident found a good Dr. who has been seeing me for a long time and treating my depression. Very bad experience.

February 26th, 2010
Very unhappy with my experience
I called to make an appt with Dr. Merayo, but was give one with one of the others who works in the office, who turned out to be a nurse practitioner rather than a doctor; I would've had to wait a lot longer for the doctor. I've had two appointments; I waited in the waiting room an hour for the first one and two hours for the second one. For the second appt I had to stand, because all the chairs were taken, for two straight hours. Later, when I tried to get my prescription filled, my insurance company needed authorization from the doctor; four faxes and two phone calls later, the authorization still hasn't happened. My pharmacy called them, and they said I would have to call them again. Also, don't expect actual counseling, it's more about writing your prescription and getting you out the door so they can process more people through. Time to find a different doctor.