Overall Review

April 25th, 2016
This has to be the most arrogant, rude person I have ever had the displeasure of being attempted to be treated by. I WILL NEVER...EVER SEE THIS lunatic of man trying to hide behind the title of "Physician", because he is NOT! He does not treat the whole person, nor does he treat pain. He needs to re-think his profession to something that does not involve patients or people, because of the "High-and-Mighty" attitude he displays during clinic visits. I advise you to see medical care else where and not with him unless you like being made to feel like an underclass person

April 25th, 2016
Horrible, Horrible Doctor/Person
Dr. Holt has the bedside manner od a wet towel. He's extremely rude & belittles his patients. I have never been offended by a medical doctor.....until I saw Dr. Holt. The first visit, he was beyond rude & extremely unhelpful but I thought it was because I had a friend drive me & they were in the exam room with me. The 2nd visit, my father had to drive me, since I'm unable to drive at times, & Dr. Holt made me feel like I was wasting his time. The 3rd & final visit, Dr. Holt told me that I needed to find a new physician because he couldn't help me. Before seeing Dr. Holt, I was told wonderful things about him, like he's the best rheumatologist in Memphis. I really tried to continue seeing him but there's no way that I can allow this man to degrade & belittle me anymore. I am in the process of finding a new rheumatologist & honestly, can't wait until I do. This man needs to go ahead & retire as he is no longer concerned about his patient's or his patient's care.

December 21st, 2015
Just god awful
Terrible, terrible, terrible. Horrendous staff who care absolutely nothing about your time or well being. As bad as it is, you still can't get in and you will wait forever in the office for your appt. If you try and complain the office manager will be of no help. He couldn't care less and is an extremely rude, unprofessional and incompetent person. Go elsewhere!

October 20th, 2015
Not pleased
Dr. Holt is just like the above reviews stated. If you disagree with any of his non-sense, he will show his cold side. After you tell him how you feel, he just grins and says you check out okay. He acts like you are not telling the truth. All he does is press and pull your skin. In addition, the office will not issue refunds in case you over-pay. You will be credited. Visit him at your own risk......

September 17th, 2015
Highly recommended rheumatologist
Excellent, very thorough doctor. I've been under his care for about 10 years. Great staff too. Dr. Holt stays up to date on medical treatments and meds. Great bedside manner. He is very concerned for his patient.

May 8th, 2015
Dr. Holt is an uncaring, unempathetic, indifferent doctor. My last visit left my feelings so hurt that I could barely drive home. I feel like he didn't take my symptoms seriously nor did he care. He minimized my pain and offered no advice other than not to make a follow up appt. just come in as needed. I am looking for another Dr. ASAP. He didn't help me at all. Don't waste your time going to him.

March 8th, 2015
Awful Bedside Manner!

October 14th, 2014
Dr. Holt was courteous and professional during my visit. However, the rest of the care that I received was entirely unsatisfactory. It took over 3 months to schedule a visit for a serious medical condition. The follow-up care from Dr. Holt and his staff, including simple follow-up phone calls and lab results, has been deplorable. I'm unable to comment on the accuracy of his diagnosis as weeks later I am still unable to get any information. I would not recommend this office to other patients needing care.

March 20th, 2014
I'm changing doctors! Dr. Holt is NOT for me!!
Dr. Holt is one of the most pompous, uncaring physicians I have ever met. He minimizes symptoms and is substandard in his diagnostic skills. Last week, when he could not answer questions regarding my autoimmune disease, he admitted that he usually treats RA patients, but knows little about connective tissue disorders, for which I have been seeing him for two years! Obviously, I have wasted my time with a physician who lacks integrity and is unable to properly manage my care. I have been a critical care RN for 37 years. Over that period of time, I have observed some of the very best and some of the absolute worst physicians in the Memphis area. In my opinion, Dr. Holt falls into the latter category. I have lost confidence in him, and I have no respect for him professionally. What a disappointment! I shall not return to him and be subjected to his contemptible bedside manner and inferior care.

February 27th, 2014
Horrible bedside manner
I saw this doctor for 3 years for fybromyalgia. His bedside manner was awful. I only continued going to him b/c I didn't know who else to see. After 3 years of being treated with the same meds (which I was fine with) I fell down my stairs & hurt my back. My family doc suspected that I had a compression fracture. She set me up with a specialist & prescribed pain meds to last until my appointment. I told her that I already had pain meds but she said they weren't strong enough for my injury. Apparently the pharmacy notified him as a precaution. On my next visit he walked in, accused me of being an addict, told me that he was no longer my doctor & that I should find somewhere else to go. When I asked him to please explain what I'd done wrong he said in a nasty voice "Look, this is not up for debate! You are no longer my patient." I am not an addict. I had been taking the lowest possible dose of this pain med for years (under his care & by his order). I never asked for more. Only when I injured my back did I receive the additional pills. Again, I didn't request the additional pills. I would gladly have taken whatever treatment they offered at that point b/c of the pain that I was in. I cried all the way home. My husband called the office & spoke with Dr. Holt's nurse. She said that there must've been a misunderstanding. Dr. Holt has just decided that they are trying to cut back on fybromyalgia/ pain management cases & focus on arthritis & other areas. I wouldn't return to this doctor if he paid me to come back.

September 19th, 2013
not a fan
Please do not waste you time, money & emotions on this doctor. If you have a text book case of something, you might get help. He spoke to me like I'm an idiot & like I don't know my own body. I've had 2 rheumy's diagnose me with RA & 1 diagnose me with AS. He says I have neither. The #1 hip doc in Memphis said that I need a hip replacement due to OA. Dr. H said that I only have a little OA in that hip. I think he said that just to keep me from coming back. He needs to retire.

July 31st, 2013
Mrs
I have been to him on 3 occasions and he has been rude and his bedside Manner poor. I find he doesn't listen to my problems nor really want to Help me figure out what's wrong with me. As a nurse myself, I find His professionalism very poor and would not refer him or recommend him.